If you are HONEST, you are AGNOSTIC

But whose god
Yours. Mine. Ours.
That’s quite a roll call of gods. What’s the pecking order for all those competing gods in terms of various versions of heavens, hells, eternal punishments, etc., etc. and who goes where? Majority rules?

Is there a god of the gods with a black and white striped shirt and whistle who refs the match?

Wait, that was my point...which you resisted for 3 pages.... Please pay more attention,thanks in advance...
You are not paying attention. My first post was a jab at you for stating the obvious, in such a way that what was obvious to you was not obvious to anyone else. I simply pointed out if you were just now getting around to stating it, you were behind all of the rest of us--by at least a couple of decades.

That’s quite a roll call of gods. What’s the pecking order for all those competing gods in terms of various versions of heavens, hells, eternal punishments, etc., etc. and who goes where? Majority rules?

Is there a god of the gods with a black and white striped shirt and whistle who refs the match?
;)

(Psst, you missed the point. I'll try to elucidate better next time.)

My first post was a jab at you for stating the obvious, in such a way that what was obvious to you was not obvious to anyone else.
False. Your first response was, "Were you taught religious beliefs by a child?". Your second response was to ask, "what christians say (that)?". Now you are just being dishonest.

So, let's brush aside the 2 pages of you wasting my time, and just agree that most religious people hold their beliefs because they were told to do so as children.

Thanks.

False. Your first response was, "Were you taught religious beliefs by a child?". Your second response was to ask, "what christians say (that)?". Now you are just being dishonest.

So, let's brush aside the 2 pages of you wasting my time, and just agree that most religious people hold their beliefs because they were told to do so as children.

Thanks.
You went back too far--and I think you know that. However, I am perfectly happy to put you back on ignore so as not to waste your time.

You went back too far--and I think you know that.
False. Your responses were in response to my statement: "A christian child believes in jesus because he is told to do so. And most christian adults believe in jesus because they were told to do so as a child."

You even quoted me in the post where the first response was presented. As anyone can see for themselves.

You're not a very good liar,my man. Cut it out.

;)

(Psst, you missed the point. I'll try to elucidate better next time.)

Thanks. I’m tingling with excitement to learn about how the gods hold their union meetings to decide all these earthly matters.

So he didn't know and guessed. Sounds about right.
Which do you find most reasonable? Reflect on it. Or not. If you choose not to name one or the other then it appears our conversation is at an end.

We don’t know if there are any gods, or many. No proof of anything yet.
Since this has nothing to do with Abraham's reasoning, we agree we are through discussing that specific issue. Next?

As FFI already pointed out ...
Of course epigenetics DOES influence evolution, which selects expressed traits for survival & propagation!

The other replies by FFI are also valid.
Your ignorance of science is laughable, especially since you actually think you know something about it beyond cut and pasting from your sources.
:)

That's what's wrong with agnosticism. They just refer to other people's opinions, arguments, whatever. They're spineless cowards.
It takes courage to be independent from the social group you identify with, and form your own beliefs.
It takes courage to be HONEST and admit you are IGNORANT about any god.
Agnostics are honest and socially courageous about it.

YOU are the “spineless coward”. LOL

Last edited:
AGNOSTICISM is about your HONEST perceptions and interpretations of your own experiences. If you cannot see beyond the horizon, you don’t pretend you do.

Of course, you can gather information from credible sources who have seen something beyond YOUR horizon, but that is tentative information that could be a basis for your belief(s).

No one credible to me has ANY information about Earth’s origins. We can only theorize based on patterns of evidence from various credible sources. Beyond that ...

If you are not agnostic, you are playing a make believe game. If so, you have faith in fantasy instead of reality, in my opinion.
Do you find you have to judge others and their beliefs when you didn't have the same experiences they did?
You could say I am challenging anyone who believes they are not ignorant about a “god”.
If a believer provides supporting evidence of their god, and I dispute it, then you can say I am judging them.

Until then, I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with admitting ignorance about supernatural ideas like “god(s)”.
Agnostics are only being HONEST about THEIR beliefs.

AGNOSTICISM is about your HONEST perceptions and interpretations of your own experiences. If you cannot see beyond the horizon, you don’t pretend you do.

Of course, you can gather information from credible sources who have seen something beyond YOUR horizon, but that is tentative information that could be a basis for your belief(s).

No one credible to me has ANY information about Earth’s origins. We can only theorize based on patterns of evidence from various credible sources. Beyond that ...

If you are not agnostic, you are playing a make believe game. If so, you have faith in fantasy instead of reality, in my opinion.
Do you find you have to judge others and their beliefs when you didn't have the same experiences they did?
You could say I am challenging anyone who believes they are not ignorant about a “god”.
If a believer provides supporting evidence of their god, and I dispute it, then you can say I am judging them.

Until then, I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with admitting ignorance about supernatural ideas like “god(s)”.
Agnostics are only being HONEST about THEIR beliefs.
I agree with you when you say that agnostics are generally honest. I didn't mean to quarrel with that.

Agnostics are honest and socially courageous about it.

agnosticism.jpg

:auiqs.jpg:

Yes, concur. No one knows everything under the sun. But lean towards the atheists.

Forum List

Back