If you feed the poor, they'll "breed".

Fat ass Michelle Obama does not need another school lunch program to go with the other three Federally administered food asssitance programs.

They already have free lunch, MO wants after school meals (dinner)

So tell me where is all of the food stamp money going if its not to feed them lunch and dinner?

Two entirely different problems Syrenn. Yes logic would assume that those who collect foodstamps would use that to provide meals for their children. Unfortunateloy many are uneducated boobs who don't. That isn't the child's fault, AND studies have shown that hungry student under perform. Feed the kids, go after the food stamp abusers.

They are not separate problems, if the family is receiving food stamps and/or support payments from the government they should already be feeding the children. I have an idea that will solve the single problem with one, simple, innovation. Pay for the extra meals by charging it to aid aid the parents are already getting aid. If they want to get that money back, they can voluntarily join a program where all purchases they make with aid are monitored, and home visits make sure they properly feed their children. That would make them eligible for their full benefits, and the extra meals at the schools.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

How many rich actually fight in wars?

Look at white "Affirmative Action", Bush or McCain getting jumped over thousands because of family connections?

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

Actually, I am not. All government subsidies to any industry or labor group should be eliminated, that would probably save enough all by itself to fund social services. The problem with this is that politicians from both parties would be up in arms. The Democrats would probably be the loudest voices, because they are the ones that benefit the most.

The government subsidizes the rich and the right wing is fine with that.

explain please, this should be good...how do they subsidize the wealthy?

How many rich actually fight in wars?

so tell us ...?

like gore?:rolleyes:

Our military looks about 5 times more brown than the Republican Party.

thats cause we don't buy ours and don't have congressional districts protected for blacks only....

And you have right wingers who want to give nearly a trillion to rich people no matter what it does to this country. Read these threads. Gawd how these people are indoctrinated. It's a scandal.

you don't even make sense, at least the indoctrinated do..:lol:

How many rich fight in wars?

"My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president." --Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney

Washingtonpost.com

You see? His 5 sons had "better things to do". The very Rich have that option.

You don't really believe a lot of rich people join the military. Seriously?

Perhaps you might want to "limit" your intake of "Kool Aid"?[/QUOTE]

Mitt did not say that his sons had 'better things to do'. You made that 'quote' up... idiot.

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

you know how they think... "let them eat cake".

so do you really need to ask?

I like cake.

The problem is not what kids eat, it is that they go home and sit around playing video games and watching TV. I used to eat more than half the kids in my class, and run home everyday just because I liked to run through the desert. Today my sisters grand kids, who live in the same house I grew up in, and go to the same school in the same place, ride the bus, eat less than I did, and weigh more, even though they eat less junk food than I did.

Planned Parenthood was founded by a handful of liberals who wanted to stanch the explosive growth of minorities.
Actually it was founded by a handful of eugenicists who wanted to stanch the explosive growth of minorities

Same difference.

The early eugenicists were largely social conservatives. Hence the desired to eliminate other races- a desire born of jingoism and xenophobia.

This bill had to do with expanding who was eligible for free lunch and ALSO it had to do with making sure that school lunch programs started serving NON JUNK food.

Now I can certainly understand why those of you who are ideologically conservative might object to expanding the population getting free lunch at school.

Do you also object to the parts of the bill that sought to insure that the food they were serving was nutritious?

you know how they think... "let them eat cake".

so do you really need to ask?

Ummmm, not true, mo chara. Absolutely un-fucking-true, in fact. If this was a truthmatters post, I'd have said 'liar'.... but I don't think you are a liar. Just totally and completely wrong.

Actually it was founded by a handful of eugenicists who wanted to stanch the explosive growth of minorities

Same difference.

The early eugenicists were largely social conservatives. Hence the desired to eliminate other races- a desire born of jingoism and xenophobia.

Wrong... they were the 'progressives' of their day. This is the problem when one tries to play partisan politics with history.... both sides look like fucking morons. Possibly because they are.

They already have free lunch, MO wants after school meals (dinner)

So tell me where is all of the food stamp money going if its not to feed them lunch and dinner?

Two entirely different problems Syrenn. Yes logic would assume that those who collect foodstamps would use that to provide meals for their children. Unfortunateloy many are uneducated boobs who don't. That isn't the child's fault, AND studies have shown that hungry student under perform. Feed the kids, go after the food stamp abusers.

They are not separate problems, if the family is receiving food stamps and/or support payments from the government they should already be feeding the children. I have an idea that will solve the single problem with one, simple, innovation. Pay for the extra meals by charging it to aid aid the parents are already getting aid. If they want to get that money back, they can voluntarily join a program where all purchases they make with aid are monitored, and home visits make sure they properly feed their children. That would make them eligible for their full benefits, and the extra meals at the schools.

I would have no problem with that. What i was getting at is punishing the parents by not feeding the children at school is not punishing the parents, and won't solve the problem of welfare abuse.

Oh, and let me tell you something you may not know QW, the threshold for qualifying for reduced priced meals at school is MUCH lower than for SNAP, many people receive the lower priced meals who don't receive food stamps.

What I personally wold love to see is a school food bank, where private citizens gave food to schools to feed children in need, but as we all know, there's only so much money to go around.

In the meantime, I feel the same way about school meals as I feel about food stamps, yes of course there are people who abuse the system, but in the grand scheme of things if one child gets a meal he or she otherwise wouldn't have, that's one governmental waste I'm willing to live with.

At this point,

it would make good sense to feed the kids at school,

and end the food stamp program, COMPLETELY.

It's the CHILDREN that we're concerned about, right?

In which case, it might be a much better idea to treat them as if they are orphans ~ "boarding" schools, with decent dorms, where food, clothing and education is provided, would be an excellent way to insure that they are WELL cared for.

If the parents stood to gain nothing, wEnder how long it would be before the baby-making machines dried up?

Get pregnant, with no way to support yourself? Off to a "facility," where you'll be offered job training and cared for up to the time of delivery, then sent on your way.

Ah, but any of ^that^ would just be too sensible... <sigh>

I am with you on this one. I agree that if all of this is about feeding children im good to go with it.

Feed the kids breakfast before they go to class, lunch, and dinner after school. Than totally cut out food stamps and wick. That would take care of the abuse of the food stamp program and feed the children.

At this point,

it would make good sense to feed the kids at school,

and end the food stamp program, COMPLETELY.

It's the CHILDREN that we're concerned about, right?

In which case, it might be a much better idea to treat them as if they are orphans ~ "boarding" schools, with decent dorms, where food, clothing and education is provided, would be an excellent way to insure that they are WELL cared for.

If the parents stood to gain nothing, wEnder how long it would be before the baby-making machines dried up?

Get pregnant, with no way to support yourself? Off to a "facility," where you'll be offered job training and cared for up to the time of delivery, then sent on your way.

Ah, but any of ^that^ would just be too sensible... <sigh>

I am with you on this one. I agree that if all of this is about feeding children im good to go with it.

Feed the kids breakfast before they go to class, lunch, and dinner after school. Than totally cut out food stamps and wick. That would take care of the abuse of the food stamp program and feed the children.

WIC (there is no K) is for babies, babies don't go school, well gifted babies might...........

I would have no problem with that. What i was getting at is punishing the parents by not feeding the children at school is not punishing the parents, and won't solve the problem of welfare abuse.

Oh, and let me tell you something you may not know QW, the threshold for qualifying for reduced priced meals at school is MUCH lower than for SNAP, many people receive the lower priced meals who don't receive food stamps.

What I personally wold love to see is a school food bank, where private citizens gave food to schools to feed children in need, but as we all know, there's only so much money to go around.

In the meantime, I feel the same way about school meals as I feel about food stamps, yes of course there are people who abuse the system, but in the grand scheme of things if one child gets a meal he or she otherwise wouldn't have, that's one governmental waste I'm willing to live with.

I can live with abuse of food stamps, and even the school lunch system, myself, simply because I know there are people out there who need it. That will probably surprise some people on this board, but they will live.

And if they don't, I don't particularly care.

I can live with abuse of food stamps, and even the school lunch system, myself, simply because I know there are people out there who need it. That will probably surprise some people on this board, but they will live.

And if they don't, I don't particularly care.

In an ideal world of course we wouldn't need food stamps, much less see them abused, but this world isn't ideal, and I fail to see how anyone can get pissed over a relatively small amount of abuse in a system that helps so many while at the same time our government is buying $8000 hammers completely unchecked, just for example.

Guess it didn't work.

Most progressive ides don't.

Now that is truly hilarious. It's why technology and scientific discoveries come from Blue states. If so much money wasn't flowing from Blue states to Red states, it would be the Blue states with balanced budgets.

Then there is the "science" thing. You don't get "science" from Bible college.

The Republican party is 90% white and nearly all the same. You don't get ideas from "same". Sadly, all you get is "same".

I just wish the Red states would carry out their threat and secede. I suspect we may not stop them this time. Instead, we'll build a wall. To keep out the ignorant job seekers. The ones with that awful accent I can never understand. "It ain't fried, it's shake and bake and ahhhh helped".

Guess it didn't work.

Most progressive ides don't.

Now that is truly hilarious. It's why technology and scientific discoveries come from Blue states. If so much money wasn't flowing from Blue states to Red states, it would be the Blue states with balanced budgets.

Then there is the "science" thing. You don't get "science" from Bible college.

The Republican party is 90% white and nearly all the same. You don't get ideas from "same". Sadly, all you get is "same".

I just wish the Red states would carry out their threat and secede. I suspect we may not stop them this time. Instead, we'll build a wall. To keep out the ignorant job seekers. The ones with that awful accent I can never understand. "It ain't fried, it's shake and bake and ahhhh helped".

You are an idiot. Negged for Rdeaning. Once again.

You're a broken record Dean, seriously

Forum List

Back