Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
t2KEHte.png

We did. I tipped.
Is $9 on a $53 meal enough? :dunno:
Too much?
Just right?

If the service and food were as expected, the tip was about right, imo. If the service and food were above and beyond expectations, the tip was a tad low imo...:lol:

There is an etiquette when it comes to tipping. It is in bad form to over- tip as well as to under-tip. ( although I can't imagine a server ever considering reporting a diner for over-tipping him or her...:lol: I mean, really!

Next to Mother's Day, Easter is the second busiest day of the year for restaurants. Easter- brunch.

For exceptionally bad service (mind ye, service, not food) leaving a single penny makes the point far more effectively than leaving no tip at all.

I could never do that to someone. In fact it happened to me recently where everything that could go wrong in a restaurant, did The hostess had to wind up serving me, after I waited 10 minutes for her to come to her hostess stand, and the food was horrible, not prepared the way I requested. Service was slow a a turtle. Windows looking down at the ocean, were filled with seagull elimination.

One thing was good. The inexperienced hostess serving me, had a pleasant smile and was so apologetic. She was filling in for the no-show.

As I left, I told the manager about the horrible experience, in a nice manner and asked them to deliver two dollars to the hostess just for being kind, as she was under much stress, too. My sandwich was ten dollars. Even though the service was slow, I couldn't hold the hostess responsible for the miserable experience. It wasn't her fault. She kept it together, under much pressure. :thup:

Next to Mother's Day, Easter is the second busiest day of the year for restaurants. Easter- brunch.
Not to mention Valentine's Day! We've waited in some cases over two hours to be seated. This with reservations. Luckily all those places had a bar to have a few drinks, otherwise it would have ruined the evening.

I got a firm handshake once.

I choked that fuck until he fell to his knees then kicked him into a fucking coma, then asked if anyone else wasn't going to tip money.

In my head, of course.

actually that asshole got offended when I hurried off to help other customers.

Not to mention Valentine's Day! We've waited in some cases over two hours to be seated. This with reservations. Luckily all those places had a bar to have a few drinks, otherwise it would have ruined the evening.

th

saves the day and helps you get laid

Again

Forum List

Back