If You Had Twenty Million Dollars, How Would You Spend It?

Imagine you hit a lottery and you receive $20,000,000, tax free. What would you do with all that money?

Issue myself 400k per year and live on it until I die. It would take fifty years, so I will be safe.
You cannot "issue yourself" anything.

It is all yours from the start.

It is all taxable from the start.

The net you get to keep.

Again, I would issue myself 400k a year which mean the money stays in the bank and I take only 400k a year from the account.

Does that help or do you need me to explain even more.

People like me believe in not spending all of it in one day.

Imagine you hit a lottery and you receive $20,000,000, tax free. What would you do with all that money?

Issue myself 400k per year and live on it until I die. It would take fifty years, so I will be safe.
You cannot "issue yourself" anything.

It is all yours from the start.

It is all taxable from the start.

The net you get to keep.

Again, I would issue myself 400k a year which mean the money stays in the bank and I take only 400k a year from the account.

Does that help or do you need me to explain even more.

People like me believe in not spending all of it in one day.
BUDGETING.

That's called budgeting.

Buy a spaceship to Mars. Halfway there, talk chips ahoy into doing an EVA.

I'd buy a huge.....but really huge ....and I mean huge LOL, piece of land with mountains and thousands of big trees ...build a nice, absolutely lovely big cottage .... make the land a Sanctuary for animals, also build an animal rescue centre .....and admit all the creatures big and small who need love and care from close and afar ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :mm:
You would not be able to afford the property tax then.

I'd buy a huge.....but really huge ....and I mean huge LOL, piece of land with mountains and thousands of big trees ...build a nice, absolutely lovely big cottage .... make the land a Sanctuary for animals, also build an animal rescue centre .....and admit all the creatures big and small who need love and care from close and afar ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :mm:
Why do have to SHIT on everybodys dream?

Taxes is the first sh!t pile.

After that you need to preserve your wealth.

With inflation that is almost impossible.

The very best thing that anybody can do is get a good education and a good job that helps the Earth and the People.

Nobody has mentioned that so far.

The very best thing that anybody can do is get a good education and a good job that helps the Earth and the People.

Nobody has mentioned that so far.
Kicking some corporate bully asses would do a lot in the helping others category. You must be a little clueless and live in a bubble.
Cause he thinks he's smart. True case in the tax department though. A charity doesn't necessarily get a property tax exemption. Just because a person owns it, it doesn't mean they can pay the taxes every year so a provision has to be made to do that somehow. In most areas around the country you'd want to get local people involved and create a means to insure that your charity isn't killing off taxes to the point where everyone else in the area must pay more taxes. It would need to bring in something to that area that would off set any tax break given.

Property tax or not... one way or another.... I would manage to do exactly what I say I would if I had 20 mill.

And no power on earth is going to stop me.

Forum List

Back