🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you have a job

The work force, for those who want to work, is very high now. Obama's economic strategies have evidently worked well.

Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs Growth And Investing - Forbes

So people who have given up in frustration now can be counted as not wanting a job?
Those who have given up are counted, and that number has declined in the past 12 months.

Sorry. I know this news will upset you.

Hey, don't cry, guy, all is good. And no, if you are not actively seeking a job, you don't count as unemployed. Stop listening to liberal lawyers

Ummmm, I worked professionally with these numbers for over a decade. I assure you I know far more about how they are constructed and what they mean than you ever will.

But go ahead, try an actual argument.....The OP is claiming that the LEVEL of not in the labor force is bad and that it is significant that it is at an "all time high." The Employment level is also at an all time high.

So....is the level important or not?

Degree in economics I know BS when I see it, you're full of it
And I have a degree in Economics as well. But you're not making a point or argument. I have no idea what you are objecting to or what you are claiming.

The number of people Not in the Labor Force is at an all time high. That is meaningless. The number of people employed is also at an all time high. That is also meaningless.

The population is growing...tossing around levles as if they have inherent meaning is ridiculous.

Will you please stop responding to me? I'm serious, if you can't figure out you're being sold a bill of goods by this criminal regime there is no hope for you
hahahahaha....you're the one whose been responding to me and you haven't actually had anything to say...just insults and negations. But at least you made me laugh.

Well just laugh your little keester right into ignore, you poor deluded Obamabot. Good grief you would think for someone that "claims" to have an economic degree could actually see through economic BS being spoon fed to them
Heh,,,,,I voted against Obama both times. And again, you keep saying I don't understand or can't see through, but you refuse to say what. You haven't made a single point in this thread. Give it a try...make an argument...state an actual position on what you think I'm not seeing.

Or are you afraid you'll reveal you don't actually undedrstand the topic? That's usually the case I've seen when people just insult and dismiss. What "BS" do you think I am belieiving? You haven't even said what you consider to be the BS!

The work force, for those who want to work, is very high now. Obama's economic strategies have evidently worked well.

So people who have given up in frustration now can be counted as not wanting a job?
Those who have given up are counted, and that number has declined in the past 12 months.

Hey, don't cry, guy, all is good. And no, if you are not actively seeking a job, you don't count as unemployed. Stop listening to liberal lawyers
Right...because people not seeking a job have no effect on the job market. They're not in competition for work.

Why would you want to count them, and which ones?

If someone hasn't done anything at all in 4 weeks to get a job...not one application, not sending out one resume, not even asking a single friend if they know of any jobs, does that person really want a job?

Very possibly, yes. You know nothing about unemployment
It is possible, of course. But is it relevant when measuring economic ACTIVITY for that month? A person who is not trying to work will not get a job, no matter how much he wants one. Want or not want is irrelevant to the actual state of the job market.

No, there are a significant percent of discouraged workers, it makes a big difference

Right...because people not seeking a job have no effect on the job market. They're not in competition for work.

They are low skilled workers who can't get jobs, they are housewives who would like a second income, they are teenagers who want to earn spending money and gain experience.

Why don't you google "discouraged workers" or "real unemployment rate." Right now, the real unemployment rate is double the counted rate. That's not significant to you?

They are low skilled workers who can't get jobs, they are housewives who would like a second income, they are teenagers who want to earn spending money and gain experience.
We don't know if they can get jobs or not. We know they could not when they last tried, but we don't know about now. They're not in competition for work so they don't tell us how hard it is to find a job NOW.

They're useful to track as people who MIGHT start looking for work, but they don't give the current picture.

[qutoe]Why don't you google "discouraged workers" or "real unemployment rate." Right now, the real unemployment rate is double the counted rate. That's not significant to you?[/QUOTE]
You're referring to the U-6, which is not an unemployment rate...it includes people who have jobs alongside the unemployed. And it measures something completely different...that it's higher doesn't mean it's worse.

If someone hasn't done anything at all in 4 weeks to get a job...not one application, not sending out one resume, not even asking a single friend if they know of any jobs, does that person really want a job?

It is possible, of course. But is it relevant when measuring economic ACTIVITY for that month? A person who is not trying to work will not get a job, no matter how much he wants one. Want or not want is irrelevant to the actual state of the job market.

No, there are a significant percent of discouraged workers, it makes a big difference
Why? There are 8.8 million people who tried and failed to find work between February and March. That tells us something about how hard it is to find work.
That 738,000 discouraged workers didn't get a job because they didn't try to get a job doesn't tell me anything about how hard it is to find work.

Why don't you google "discouraged workers" or "real unemployment rate." Right now, the real unemployment rate is double the counted rate. That's not significant to you?

Unemployment Rate - US Portal Seven

The U-4 counts discourage workers -- 5.9%

The U-6 counts marginally attached workers -- 10.9%

The U-3 is the one the goobermnt usually distorts, er, er, er, uses -- 5.5%

You're referring to the U-6, which is not an unemployment rate...it includes people who have jobs alongside the unemployed. And it measures something completely different...that it's higher doesn't mean it's worse.

The U6 refers to the unemployed, the under employed and discouraged workers, exactly who we are discussing

Why? There are 8.8 million people who tried and failed to find work between February and March. That tells us something about how hard it is to find work.
That 738,000 discouraged workers didn't get a job because they didn't try to get a job doesn't tell me anything about how hard it is to find work.

That people think there is no hope of getting a job doesn’t tell you anything? You aren’t listening very hard, are you?

I have a degree in economics also.....how come none of us are working?

You do?
It's pre keynesian....so a bit dated...

LOL OK, I guess I never thought to ask what your degree was in.
I think we touched on it back in 04.... But it was of less importance then...

OK But I'm impressed, an economics degree from the college you attended is quite impressive

Maybe the republicans wants to get the credit. What else do they offer? If people are worried about losing their job cleaning toilets from illegal aliens that is sad. I'm a business owner here in San Diego and La I added total of 247 new employees alone this year. I will be adding a new branch in Miami this year. I am living proof Obama economic policies is working. By the way I'm also a republican.

Maybe the republicans wants to get the credit. What else do they offer? If people are worried about losing their job cleaning toilets from illegal aliens that is sad. I'm a business owner here in San Diego and La I added total of 247 new employees alone this year. I will be adding a new branch in Miami this year. I am living proof Obama economic policies is working. By the way I'm also a republican.
Are you the guys moving to Vegas?

That people think there is no hope of getting a job doesn’t tell you anything? You aren’t listening very hard, are you?
No, what people think does not tell me what reality is

Forum List

Back