🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you live in the US, Are Hamas and Hizballah Terrorist Organizations?

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Foreign Terrorist Organizations

BUREAU OF COUNTERTERRORISM

Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs) are foreign organizations that are designated by the Secretary of State in accordance with section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended. FTO designations play a critical role in our fight against terrorism and are an effective means of curtailing support for terrorist activities and pressuring groups to get out of the terrorism business.

Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations

Date Designated:
10/8/1997
Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)

10/8/1997
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)

10/8/1997
Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) (IG)

10/8/1997
HAMAS

10/8/1997
Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)

10/8/1997
Hizballah

etc.

Identification

The Bureau of Counterterrorism in the State Department (S/CT) continually monitors the activities of terrorist groups active around the world to identify potential targets for designation. When reviewing potential targets, S/CT looks not only at the actual terrorist attacks that a group has carried out, but also at whether the group has engaged in planning and preparations for possible future acts of terrorism or retains the capability and intent to carry out such acts.

Legal Ramifications of Designation

It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide "material support or resources" to a designated FTO. (The term "material support or resources" is defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(1) as " any property, tangible or intangible, or service, including currency or monetary instruments or financial securities, financial services, lodging, training, expert advice or assistance, safehouses, false documentation or identification, communications equipment, facilities, weapons, lethal substances, explosives, personnel (1 or more individuals who maybe or include oneself), and transportation, except medicine or religious materials.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(2) provides that for these purposes “the term ‘training’ means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(3) further provides that for these purposes the term ‘expert advice or assistance’ means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.’’
Representatives and members of a designated FTO, if they are aliens, are inadmissible to and, in certain circumstances, removable from the United States (see 8 U.S.C. §§ 1182 (a)(3)(B)(i)(IV)-(V), 1227 (a)(1)(A)).
Any U.S. financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of or control over funds in which a designated FTO or its agent has an interest must retain possession of or control over the funds and report the funds to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

Last edited:
Where are you from? Just curious.

I'm 10 minutes from Washington D.C. and I would say that the vast majority of the U.S. considers both of those organizations supporters and purveyors of terrorism. It's not a left/right issue here really. A significant number of people (but still small) support Palestinians over Israeli's, but even they would admit to the terrorism of those organizations.

Roudy, et al,

Yes! They both unlawfully use or threatened use of force or violence against people and property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

I'm 10 minutes from Washington D.C. and I would say that the vast majority of the U.S. considers both of those organizations supporters and purveyors of terrorism. It's not a left/right issue here really. A significant number of people (but still small) support Palestinians over Israeli's, but even they would admit to the terrorism of those organizations.
Not according to some of the IslamoNazi loving posters on this board. Which is why I posted this. How often do you visit the Israel / Palestine board?

Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs) are foreign organizations that are designated by the Secretary of State in accordance with section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended. FTO designations play a critical role in our fight against terrorism and are an effective means of curtailing support for terrorist activities and pressuring groups to get out of the terrorism business.

Date Designated:
10/8/1997

10/8/1997
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)

10/8/1997

10/8/1997
HAMAS

10/8/1997

10/8/1997
Hizballah

etc.

Identification

The Bureau of Counterterrorism in the State Department (S/CT) continually monitors the activities of terrorist groups active around the world to identify potential targets for designation. When reviewing potential targets, S/CT looks not only at the actual terrorist attacks that a group has carried out, but also at whether the group has engaged in planning and preparations for possible future acts of terrorism or retains the capability and intent to carry out such acts.

It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide "material support or resources" to a designated FTO. (The term "material support or resources" is defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(1) as " any property, tangible or intangible, or service, including currency or monetary instruments or financial securities, financial services, lodging, training, expert advice or assistance, safehouses, false documentation or identification, communications equipment, facilities, weapons, lethal substances, explosives, personnel (1 or more individuals who maybe or include oneself), and transportation, except medicine or religious materials.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(2) provides that for these purposes “the term ‘training’ means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(3) further provides that for these purposes the term ‘expert advice or assistance’ means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.’’
Representatives and members of a designated FTO, if they are aliens, are inadmissible to and, in certain circumstances, removable from the United States (see 8 U.S.C. §§ 1182 (a)(3)(B)(i)(IV)-(V), 1227 (a)(1)(A)).
Any U.S. financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of or control over funds in which a designated FTO or its agent has an interest must retain possession of or control over the funds and report the funds to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
18 USC § 2339B - Providing material support or resources to designated foreign terrorist organizations | Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

(a) Prohibited Activities.—
(1) Unlawful conduct.— Whoever knowingly provides material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization, or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life. To violate this paragraph, a person must have knowledge that the organization is a designated terrorist organization (as defined in subsection (g)(6)), that the organization has engaged or engages in terrorist activity (as defined in section 212(a)(3)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), or that the organization has engaged or engages in terrorism (as defined in section 140(d)(2) of the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1988 and 1989).
(2) Financial institutions.— Except as authorized by the Secretary, any financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of, or control over, any funds in which a foreign terrorist organization, or its agent, has an interest, shall—
(A) retain possession of, or maintain control over, such funds; and
(B) report to the Secretary the existence of such funds in accordance with regulations issued by the Secretary.
(b) Civil Penalty.— Any financial institution that knowingly fails to comply with subsection (a)(2) shall be subject to a civil penalty in an amount that is the greater of—
(A) $50,000 per violation; or
(B) twice the amount of which the financial institution was required under subsection (a)(2) to retain possession or control.

Not according to some of the IslamoNazi loving posters on this board. Which is why I posted this. How often do you visit the Israel / Palestine board?

Do they defend Hamas and Hezbollah (<-- the way I usually see it spelled here)? There is growing sympathy for Palestine here, but there are no educated people that defend terrorism that I know of. Only extremists. I've been to the Israel/Palestine board before but I assumed that many supporters of terrorism (becauseiknow, sherri, etc.) were from somewhere over there. It will be a looooooooooong time before the U.S. quits on Israel. That's akin to political suicide here. Unless you're Chuck Hagel, but watch how quickly he changes his tune now that he's been confirmed in the cabinet.

Do not underestimate how Americans feel about terrorism. 9/11 will not be forgotten.

Last edited:

Do they defend Hamas and Hezbollah (<-- the way I usually see it spelled here)? There is growing sympathy for Palestine here, but there are no educated people that defend terrorism that I know of. Only extremists. I've been to the Israel/Palestine board before but I assumed that many supporters of terrorism (becauseiknow, sherri, etc.) were from somewhere over there. It will be a looooooooooong time before the U.S. quits on Israel. That's akin to political suicide here. Unless you're Chuck Hagel, but watch how quickly he changes his tune now that he's been confirmed in the cabinet.

Do not underestimate how Americans feel about terrorism. 9/11 will not be forgotten.
Check out a few posters such as Tinmore, Sherri, and BecauseIknow. They actually believe Hamas and Hezbollah (same as Hizballah) are noble freedom fighters that are wrongly named as terrorist.

Date Designated:
10/8/1997

10/8/1997
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)

10/8/1997

10/8/1997
HAMAS

10/8/1997

10/8/1997
Hizballah

etc.

Identification

are they terrorists ??was Jack The Ripper a murderer ??

Check out a few posters such as Tinmore, Sherri, and BecauseIknow. They actually believe Hamas and Hezbollah (same as Hizballah) are noble freedom fighters that are wrongly named as terrorist.

Yup I mentioned 2 of them in my last post. BecauseIknow recently started a disgustingly awful thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-badlands/280912-crybabies-of-the-israeli-defense-forces.html

It's a thread that makes fun of the sorrows Israeli soldiers face. One of the videos he posted in it is of 3 Israeli soldiers getting killed by a terrorist sniper and he is proud of it. Absolutely despicable.

The word "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged,[5] and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. Studies have found over 100 definitions of “terrorism”.[6][7] The concept of terrorism may be controversial as it is often used by state authorities (and individuals with access to state support) to delegitimize political or other opponents,[8] and potentially legitimize the state's own use of armed force against opponents (such use of force may be described as "terror" by opponents of the state).[8][9]

The definition of terrorism has proved controversial. Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions of terrorism in their national legislation. Moreover, the international community has been slow to formulate a universally agreed, legally binding definition of this crime. These difficulties arise from the fact that the term "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged.[21] In this regard, Angus Martyn, briefing the Australian Parliament, stated that

"The international community has never succeeded in developing an accepted comprehensive definition of terrorism. During the 1970s and 1980s, the United Nations attempts to define the term floundered mainly due to differences of opinion between various members about the use of violence in the context of conflicts over national liberation and self-determination."[1]

The terms "terrorism" and "terrorist" (someone who engages in terrorism) carry strong negative connotations.[43] These terms are often used as political labels, to condemn violence or the threat of violence by certain actors as immoral, indiscriminate, unjustified or to condemn an entire segment of a population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Do you believe that people have the right to defend their country?

Tinmore, the vast majority of this planet's population consists of people trying to live their daily lives as best they can. A terrorist, in my opinion, is someone who targets those innocent people to incite further violence. More often than not religion is the motivator behind such horrific actions. I don't consider religion any kind of defense against those actions.

The people who died, for example, in 9/11 were not frontline fighters. They were not oppressing Palestinians or supporting Israel, or any of that. They were just going to work and living their lives. The people who killed them were not freedom fighters. They were murderers... murderers who are hopefully burning for their crimes.

I'm an American. I work with kids. That's all I know. Do I hate Palestine? No. Do terrorists think that I deserve to die? I think so.

Tinmore, the vast majority of this planet's population consists of people trying to live their daily lives as best they can. A terrorist, in my opinion, is someone who targets those innocent people to incite further violence. More often than not religion is the motivator behind such horrific actions. I don't consider religion any kind of defense against those actions.

The people who died, for example, in 9/11 were not frontline fighters. They were not oppressing Palestinians or supporting Israel, or any of that. They were just going to work and living their lives. The people who killed them were not freedom fighters. They were murderers... murderers who are hopefully burning for their crimes.

I'm an American. I work with kids. That's all I know. Do I hate Palestine? No. Do terrorists think that I deserve to die? I think so.

Tinmore, the vast majority of this planet's population consists of people trying to live their daily lives as best they can.

Amen.

"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJl-lj9Lc4s]Press TV- Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part1) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIsT7a9lU8]Press TV-Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part2) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcLp1FmqQE8]Press TV- Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part3) - YouTube[/ame]

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... if dey's puttin' people up to wearin' suicide vests...

... an' flingin' missiles atta Jews...

... den it's a no-brainer...

... dey's terrorists.
:cool:

Tinmore, the vast majority of this planet's population consists of people trying to live their daily lives as best they can.

Amen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJl-lj9Lc4s]Press TV- Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part1) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJIsT7a9lU8]Press TV-Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part2) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcLp1FmqQE8]Press TV- Epilogue-"My Father was a Freedom Fighter"- 06- 07- 2010(Part3) - YouTube[/ame]

So BL is, your answer is "NO?"

Do you consider them terrorists or not?

Amen.

So BL is, your answer is "NO?"

Do you consider them terrorists or not?

I'll leave that terrorist thing to the third grade name callers.

Yo sound more like a lawyer than Sherri and me together, avoiding a simple "yes or no question".

Do you mind for the sake lf honesty to just answer it? shouldn't be that complicated.

Forum List

Back