If you owned a business, who would you hire to run it: Obama or Romney?

The question didn't involve Bush, but the libs seem to still want to bring him into this.

Romney would be a better choice because he's actually made money fixing companies.

All Obama has done is intentionally broke something then claimed to want to fix it.......then leave before he could finish the job leaving everyone pissed off and at each other's throats. Meanwhile everyone is wondering where all the money went.

He's like the Aliens in "Independence Day".

He lays waste to everything he touches, sucks it dry, and moves on to the next target.

The premise that Romney has "fixed" companies is ludicrous. He didn't fix companies, he looted them.

AmPad had 11 million dollars in debt when Bain got into their lives. They closed down plants, fired hundreds of people, racked up 400 million in debt, and their stock was worth pennies when it finally declared bankruptcy.

Or GS Steel- Where they shuttered plants, sold off the assets, and left the pension fund having to go to the federal government for 44 million to stay solvent.

I don't want Romney "fixing" America like he's fixed the companies he's touched.

Links.:D

After reading your anti-religious bigotry I tend to question anything you have to say about Romney.

Last edited:
The question didn't involve Bush, but the libs seem to still want to bring him into this.

Romney would be a better choice because he's actually made money fixing companies.

All Obama has done is intentionally broke something then claimed to want to fix it.......then leave before he could finish the job leaving everyone pissed off and at each other's throats. Meanwhile everyone is wondering where all the money went.

He lays waste to everything he touches, sucks it dry, and moves on to the next target.

The premise that Romney has "fixed" companies is ludicrous. He didn't fix companies, he looted them.

AmPad had 11 million dollars in debt when Bain got into their lives. They closed down plants, fired hundreds of people, racked up 400 million in debt, and their stock was worth pennies when it finally declared bankruptcy.

Or GS Steel- Where they shuttered plants, sold off the assets, and left the pension fund having to go to the federal government for 44 million to stay solvent.

I don't want Romney "fixing" America like he's fixed the companies he's touched.

What percentage of companies that Bain Capital got involved in actually went out of business?

It was 22% were out of business in an 8 year period after Bain's involvement

Romney at Bain Capital: Big Gains, Some Busts - WSJ.com

22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested

So Bain had a 78% success rate in turning businesses around.

Compare that to the number of businesses that start and fail every year and the track record of Bain is very good.

Now please don't take this as an endorsement of Romney. I won't vote for him. I just wanted you to have the actual facts.

Hmmm....let me think about this.....the millionaire who makes all his money turning businesses around...yeah that guy...the millionaire please.

I will take Mary Ann.

Mary Ann was the hot one.

mary-ann.jpg

After reading your anti-religious bigotry I tend to question anything you have to say about Romney.

I've posted links to these stories dozens of times... and you ignore them.

I don't do links unless I feel like doing them.

What percentage of companies that Bain Capital got involved in actually went out of business?

22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested

Compare that to the number of businesses that start and fail every year and the track record of Bain is very good.

Now please don't take this as an endorsement of Romney. I won't vote for him. I just wanted you to have the actual facts.

I'm aware of that actual number, and have posted it other times.

Frankly, in most places, a 22% screwup rate would probably still get you fired.

I should also point out that Bain was most active in the 1990's, when the economy was booming. You'd have to be a real fuckup to sink a business in that environment, but Romney still managed.

Neither one. why do right wingers always seem to limit the options to this or that?
Absolutists....

You wouldn't hire Obama to run your business, but you'd hire him to run the entire country? This says a lot about your lack of judgment.

I'm aware of that actual number, and have posted it other times.

Frankly, in most places, a 22% screwup rate would probably still get you fired.

I should also point out that Bain was most active in the 1990's, when the economy was booming. You'd have to be a real fuckup to sink a business in that environment, but Romney still managed.

A 78% success rate is commendable.

More than 22% of businesses started every year don't last 3 years and 50% don't last 5 years no matter how the economy is doing.

If you were an entrepreneur and started 100 businesses in your life time and 78 of them stayed in business for more than 10 years you would be considered to be an extremely successful person.

Neither one. why do right wingers always seem to limit the options to this or that?
Absolutists....

You wouldn't hire Obama to run your business, but you'd hire him to run the entire country? This says a lot about your lack of judgment.

Didn't vote for Obama.

I think he's not a particularly good president, but he's making the effort. I think that our problems run a lot deeper than any politician can fix. Most of them have to do with the fact our government puts the interests of big corporations over the interests of average Americans.

I've posted links to these stories dozens of times... and you ignore them.

I don't do links unless I feel like doing them.

I don't ignore them......I've just never seen any links.

Wasn't being a "businessman" touted as a plus for George W. Bush?

Simple question. Simple answer. Simple and obvious point.

Being the first Black was Obama's best qualification. :badgrin:

Only people I've ever seen obsess over Obama's race are the wingnut right.

then you must have missed all the posts from some on the left here who insist that if you dont support the President it must be because he is black.......

And that's unfortunate. Joe's a smart guy and makes some insightful comments. But I agree, ignorant bigotry is hard to take.

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Barack Obama. Without a question. It would be a company I could be proud of. The bottom line isn't the only thing to consider for most Americans. You're right, it was a simple question and it had an obvious answer.

"Corporations are people my friend"--Willard Romney.

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Barack Obama. Without a question. It would be a company I could be proud of. The bottom line isn't the only thing to consider for most Americans. You're right, it was a simple question and it had an obvious answer.

"Corporations are people my friend"--Willard Romney.

Would you be "proud" of your company after it went belly up, Candy? Come on, you know as well as I do that Barry doesn't have the faintest idea how to run a for profit business! The truth is that the concept of "profits" gives progressives like Obama hives.

Romney.

Why?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsZpWej8pF4]I Don't Understand with Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back