If you owned a business, who would you hire to run it: Obama or Romney?

Other than being Leader of the Free World?
:clap2:

And such leadership qualities he has, too....

091116-obama-bow-vmed-530p.grid-4x2.jpg

Only Pee Wee Herman could exceed his weenieness...

Four years ago, Obama was not the most qualified candidate to run the country. But the american people decided they vastly preferred him to what the Republicans were offering

As of today, Romney has no where near the qualifications or experience of Obama........the voters will decide the rest

So you admit that Barry wasn't qualified to run the country four years ago...but somehow feel that three plus years of a Presidency in which he's demonstrated zero leadership capability makes him a better choice now?
Yeah......that's what "conservatives" & Porky Limbaugh said about.....

:eusa_whistle:

Comparing Bill Clinton to Barack Obama is almost amusing, Shaman. Clinton was the Governor of Arkansas for a couple terms. As much as I disliked Slick Willie personally, I have to admit that he was pretty sharp when it came to the economy. Barry on the other hand is simply clueless on that subject. Even worse...he's surrounded himself with ideologues who are equally clueless.

Wasn't being a "businessman" touted as a plus for George W. Bush?

Simple question. Simple answer. Simple and obvious point.

AND???
WHAT happened in 2000? DOT.COM bust costs $5 trillion market losses BUSH's fault?
What happened 2001: Geez 9/11 and $2 trillion in losses..Bush's fault?
Worst hurricanes in history 2003 - 2008 $1 trillion losses.. BUSH's fault?
Was Iraq Bush's fault? H:MMM... WHAT does 1991 Cease Fire mean to you?
To me it meant Saddam broke the agreement Kuwait war continued!
GWB did what any President would DO after 9/11 occurred.. 90% approved of the Liberation of Iraq and overthrow of Saddam?
GEEZ you are support overthrow of dictators WORSE then Saddam now and that's OK?

1. Our military got Bin Laden. 2. What does everyone seem to think that GM would have been destroyed and that we all not have automobiles anymore? GM would not have ceased to exist. The stock plummetted, they would have filed bankruptcy, their debt would have been dissolved, some other rich A-hole would have purchased the company and continued to produce automobiles. What Obama did do was take all of the debt that GM incurred, and dumped it on the American taxpayers. This would not have been such a bone-head move had the U.S. not been in debt up to it's eye-balls. If he had surpluses in the billions then it might not have seemed so ridiculious (even though I'd still have been against it). It would be like your neighbor made a bunch of dumb decisions with his finances and then someone else from your neighborhood came to your door and said that all of his debt was going to get dumped on you and the rest of your financially responsible neighbors. People keep saying they want us to have a free market but then defend these kind of actions. All the government did for GM was tell them (and other large companies) that they can gamble their money around any way they want and if they lose it all, that's ok because the house will pick up the tab. The "achievements" you just listed are extremely flawed in nature....IMO of course

And while it filed for bankruptcy and waited for a rich savior to come along, hundreds of thousands of people who work in support companies ( machine shops, truckers, etc ) would have lost their jobs pushing our economy deeper down the spiral.

Why do people seem to think that one companys demise is an isolated event? That other companies, mom and pop small businesses, rely on the income they get from doing business with those companies?

This is a hypothetical. This is the risk of openning a business in a (supposed) free-market system. You think it's not fair for people to lose their jobs but it's also not fair for the government to bail out some companies, but not all. They bail out the companies their buddies work for. They could care less about the people losing their jobs. That's more people that get to depend on the governement, thus have the government control them. The only reason they "worry" about jobs is because it hurts their electability...

Lol you're entire post was a hypothetical and incredible short sighted at that.

And you're wrong. It's not about "fair". Giving GM a loan ( not a bailout ) saved all the support businesses that rely on its business. So the government stepped in and helped all of hem too.

Aaaaand...it's not about "fair". It's about keeping the economy from collapsing.

No. Do you?

Dude, I'm not the one posting that government is there to give us rights.

Again with the insinuations. Are you saying I am?? Where did I say this?

You seem more interested in insinuating that I'm an Obama supporter than having an actual discussion.

Welcome to USMB.

You keep demanding that there is no difference between Obama and Romney. This is demonstrably false and has been demonstrated repeatedly.

There isn't enough difference for me to waste my vote on either of them.

To the point, I don't want government manipulating the economy, for any reason.

Too bad.

So, are you saying you want them to?

AND???
WHAT happened in 2000? DOT.COM bust costs $5 trillion market losses BUSH's fault?
GWB did what any President would DO after 9/11 occurred.. 90% approved of the Liberation of Iraq and overthrow of Saddam?
GEEZ you are support overthrow of dictators WORSE then Saddam now and that's OK?

Dot.com bubble not Bush's fault. 9/11 not Bush's fault but he handled the aftermath poorly. Hurricanes not Bush's fault but again handled the aftermath poorly. Iraq war, YES, Bush's fault. No WMD, no new attack on Kuwait as you claim. In fact, as it turns out, Saddam the monster was the ONLY one telling the truth. Glad he's dead, but was hanging really worth trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives? He was contained.

And no, he didn't do what ANY president would have done after 9/11. After 9/11, we were all ready. We united, right and left, black and white, everyone. For a brief time there, we were just Americans, ready to take the fight to whoever attacked us. Ready to make the sacrifices both on the battlefield and here at home. And how did Bush handle it?

He told us to go shopping.

C'mon, be honest.

Last edited:

AND???

Dot.com bubble not Bush's fault. 9/11 not Bush's fault but he handled the aftermath poorly. Hurricanes not Bush's fault but again handled the aftermath poorly. Iraq war, YES, Bush's fault.

And no, he didn't do what ANY president would have done after 9/11. After 9/11, we were all ready. We united, right and left, black and white, everyone. For a brief time there, we were just Americans, ready to take the fight to whoever attacked us. Ready to make the sacrifices both on the battlefield and here at home. And how did Bush handle it?

C'mon, be honest.

May I ask why you two are using the plural sense for 'hurricane'?
I realize it's pretty common, if mistaken, to blame Booooosh for the management of the aftermath of Katrina.
I'd just like to know what other hurricane you're referring to.
:confused:

Let's see...

What I'm saying is that the government isn't there to turn a profit, and I don't want it pushing for that. The government is there to protect our rights,

That was you, not your evil twin, right?

There isn't enough difference for me to waste my vote on either of them.

What color is the sky in your world?

Obama is the most destructive force against civil liberties since Lincoln.

So, are you saying you want them to?

I'm saying I don't have control over them. I can only move to have an irritant replace a fatality.

You act like Obama is business as usual. Is this just denial? Like the stage VI patient demanding he doesn't have cancer? Wake up and face reality.

With all due respect, Vidi...Bush's comments about shopping following 9/11 were about Americans carrying on their lives as normally as possible in the face of an unprecedented terrorist attack, rather than cowering in our homes, something that needed to be said in order to keep the terror attacks from crippling our economy. W's response to 9/11 was setting in motion the military operations to oust Al Queda and Osama bin Laden from Afghanistan.

Last edited:
With all due respect, Vidi...Bush's comments about shopping following 9/11 were about Americans carrying on their lives as normally as possible in the face of an unprecedented terrorist attack, rather than cowering in our homes, something that needed to be said in order to keep the terror attacks from crippling our economy. W's response to 9/11 was setting in motion the military operations to oust Al Queda and Osama bin Laden from Afghanistan.

I attended a Broadway Show about a month after the attacks and was interviewed by a NYTimes reporter

People forget what it was like back then

Let's see...

What I'm saying is that the government isn't there to turn a profit, and I don't want it pushing for that. The government is there to protect our rights,

That was you, not your evil twin, right?

Wow... you really don't get the difference between 'protect' and 'grant'? No wonder this stuff confuses you so much.

no white republican would ever hire a black person

secondly romney gets millions from daddy

obama actually came up from nothing to something without taking millions from daddy

you make black people everywhere look bad.....you should probably shut the fuck up.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... :eusa_think:

That's gotta be the first-time I've ever heard the GOP described as.....

Are you sure you don't mean an adventure???

532.gif
528.gif

Hey Jackass, I keep telling you I'm the only person at USMB that doesn't have you on ignore. If you want to make a point just say it on your own words

Too-many big-words, for you, huh???

:eusa_hand:

Keep movin'-along.......​

Shithead.....why do you even post?....your incapable of adding anything to any conversation here.....everything is your little smilies....here let me say something you might understand.......:cuckoo::lame2::poop::oops::spam::gay::up_yours::smoke::FIREdevil::blahblah::Boom2::tank:......know what im saying?....

If you owned a business, say about 200 employees, with a lot of capital and stock and all that economic shit..........but you became ill, and needed someone to run the thing to keep it going so your kids and grandkids would benefit in the future from it, who would you hire to run that company: Barack Obama or Mitt Romney???

Romney would pile on the debt, put it into bankruptcy, sell off the assets, and send whatever jobs leftover to China.

At least that's what he did when he worked at Bain. I tend to believe he would go with what he knows.

AND???

Dot.com bubble not Bush's fault. 9/11 not Bush's fault but he handled the aftermath poorly. Hurricanes not Bush's fault but again handled the aftermath poorly. Iraq war, YES, Bush's fault.

C'mon, be honest.

May I ask why you two are using the plural sense for 'hurricane'?
I realize it's pretty common, if mistaken, to blame Booooosh for the management of the aftermath of Katrina.
I'd just like to know what other hurricane you're referring to.
:confused:

The 2005 hurricane season was destructive. While Katrina certainly caused more damage than any of the others, billions of dollars of damage was done both before and after Katrina. So in that sense, I am allowing for the fact that Bush had alot of weather related economic negatives against him.

His management of Katrina was horrible, largely due to the lack of FEMA response. Bush appointed Michael Brown, the director of FEMA at the time, so Browns failure reflects directly on Bush's managerial skills...which is kind of the point of this thread, is it not?

Forum List

Back