If You Were To Create Your Own Party, Name The Top 10 Things that Party would Support

... elected by the people thereof

isn't "elected by the people thereof" the change made by the Amendment from the original intent to be chosen by the state legislature -

you would rather they were chosen for you by the state legislature ?
Yes.

The Senate is supposed to be comprised of people elected by the state legislature to represent the rights and interests of their state in the Federal Government.

Correction, the senate was suppose to be that way. However the Constitution was changed to have them elected by popular vote in said states.

Just another assault on states rights.
Yes, changed. Not for the better.

Yes.

The Senate is supposed to be comprised of people elected by the state legislature to represent the rights and interests of their state in the Federal Government.

Correction, the senate was suppose to be that way. However the Constitution was changed to have them elected by popular vote in said states.

Just another assault on states rights.
Yes, changed. Not for the better.

Yep, an erosion of states rights to be sure.

Senators do NOT represent the people. They represent the State they live in.

How is it that people don't understand that the States have rights in our system and they need representatives.

Representation of the People is covered under the House of Representative.....that is why it is called the 'peoples' house.

This is the best explanation I've seen yet, and this wasn't even from textbook or highly esteemed article on the subject. Good job!

Senators do NOT represent the people. They represent the State they live in.

How is it that people don't understand that the States have rights in our system and they need representatives.

Representation of the People is covered under the House of Representative.....that is why it is called the 'peoples' house.

This is the best explanation I've seen yet, and this wasn't even from textbook or highly esteemed article on the subject. Good job!

Section. 3.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

Immediately after they shall be assembled in Consequence of the first Election, they shall be divided as equally as may be into three Classes. The Seats of the Senators of the first Class shall be vacated at the Expiration of the second Year, of the second Class at the Expiration of the fourth Year, and of the third Class at the Expiration of the sixth Year, so that one third may be chosen every second Year; and if Vacancies happen by Resignation, or otherwise, during the Recess of the Legislature of any State, the Executive thereof may make temporary Appointments until the next Meeting of the Legislature, which shall then fill such Vacancies.

... so that one third may be chosen every second Year

there is no mention in the Constitution that Senators are to represent State interests any more so than what may be construed from either the original document or the later Article XVII.

the Senates distinction is as a buffer against "popular movements" - such as unfounded "States Rights" that are not implied nor found in the Constitution - but found in the Articles of Confederation that was abandoned as unworkable and replaced by the present, "United" States Constitution..

if we get another lib in the white house, I say we split the US in half, the south will be red, the north will be blue. just like the good old days of the 1800's. then lets see how long before the Yankees go broke and collapse, just like they did in Greece&California.

there is no mention in the Constitution that Senators are to represent State interests any more so than what may be construed from either the original document or the later Article XVII.

the Senates distinction is as a buffer against "popular movements" - such as unfounded "States Rights" that are not implied nor found in the Constitution - but found in the Articles of Confederation that was abandoned as unworkable and replaced by the present, "United" States Constitution..

You will not always find these thing sin the Constitution, but in the volume of records of their proceedings and committees when drafting the Constitution.

There is a book titled "Miracle at Philadelphia." It was my first "heavy introduction" into the drafting of the Constitution, while still being enjoyable to read. Pick it up and read a few chapters, you don't have to read the book sequentially.

1. Repeal the 16th amendment
  2. Repeal the 17th amendment
  3. Pass an Amendment removing the clause that gives the federal government the right to regulate interstate commerce.
  4. Pass an Amendment removing the "general welfare" clause from the Constitution.
  5. Pass an Amendment allowing any bill passed by Congress to be repealed by a majority of state legislatures voting to do so.
  6. Pass an Amendment giving states the right to secede from the Union with 60% of the popular vote in that state.
  7. Pass an Amendment making it illegal for the federal government to borrow money.
  8. Abolish all federal agencies except the Department of Defense and the Justice Department
  9. Allow private companies to compete with the Post Office. No further subsidies for the Post Office would be allowed.
  10. Raise the minimum age to vote to 35. Set a maximum age to vote at 55.

Pass an Amendment giving states the right to secede from the Union with 60% of the popular vote in that state.

As a mathematician, I would agree to this if the number was increased to exactly 81.8%, which is one and half standard deviations. Personally, I believe the next time there is any major revision to the Constitution (if ever), they should have scientists, mathematicians and statisticians around, just for things like this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation]Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If one and half standard deviations of the people agree, there is a 99.9% chance statistically that they are justified in their reasoning. The federal government should be held accountable by the shadow threat of secession, but you cannot make it too easy. I would also have it so that the State Legislature must also approve by a 68.2% margin (1 standard deviation), along with 81.8% of the population.

I do vehemently oppose some of your other proposals, but I'm not here to argue. However, +1 on repealing the 16th and 17th.

Last edited:
Article XVI.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Article XVI insures a cohesive Union and the universal distribution of the countries wealth.

The2ndAmendment: You will not always find these thing sin the Constitution, but in the volume of records of their proceedings and committees when drafting the Constitution.

There is a book titled "Miracle at Philadelphia." It was my first "heavy introduction" into the drafting of the Constitution, while still being enjoyable to read. Pick it up and read a few chapters, you don't have to read the book sequentially.

- what really mattered was the decision for who would write the Constitution and what was "actually" written.

and good riddance to the Articles of Confederation, which is something the States Rights crowd conveniently overlook.

Forum List

Back