If your daughter was at that San Bernadino Christmas party, would you want her to have a gun?

Would you want your daughter to have had a concealed pistol at the San Bernadino attack?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
It was a gun free zone and only one daughter had a gun there…..the mass shooter's wife…..

I was listening to Dan and Amy here in Chicago and they played an interview with the father of a woman at the party….he is a county employee and would have been there but it was his day off….

His grown daughter, however, was actually there, she also works for the county…

When the shooting started she was in the bathroom and she called her father about what was happening….

He broke down and cried during the interview as he said that his daughter was in deadly danger and he couldn't do anything to help her………

I know one thing he can do for the next time……..encourage her to get training and get a concealed carry permit…..she was in the bathroom, and had the killers come into the bathroom she could have fought back……if they had come into the bathroom, with her being unarmed…she would have been killed…

Answer the poll

Wow, 4 lunatics voted NO, unbelieveable. They would rather bury their kid than have her defend herself with a gun.
Shooting at a heavily armed man means she is already dead.

ABSOLUTELY not true. The one advantage of being in a group of people as your being gunned down is that......... your in a group. One or two attackers will have a few seconds when they are vulnerable because their attention is divided. In that case, there were 14 people. They cant watch everyone at every second, which is why you hear of these cases where unarmed people are able to take down armed assailants, like on that train in France. The Terrorist in that case had the advantage in that he was the only one armed but he could have had a distraction if only for a couple seconds which allowed the heroes in that case to get close enough to him.
If they would have had a gun it would have been over much sooner

It was a gun free zone and only one daughter had a gun there…..the mass shooter's wife…..

I was listening to Dan and Amy here in Chicago and they played an interview with the father of a woman at the party….he is a county employee and would have been there but it was his day off….

When the shooting started she was in the bathroom and she called her father about what was happening….

He broke down and cried during the interview as he said that his daughter was in deadly danger and he couldn't do anything to help her………

I know one thing he can do for the next time……..encourage her to get training and get a concealed carry permit…..she was in the bathroom, and had the killers come into the bathroom she could have fought back……if they had come into the bathroom, with her being unarmed…she would have been killed…

Answer the poll

Wow, 4 lunatics voted NO, unbelieveable. They would rather bury their kid than have her defend herself with a gun.

High percentage of Americans will tell you the other way. There is now way flooding this country with more guns will solve this problem. I know lots of LEO and other agencies they will tell you are wrong. I know lots of people with guns and they ain't no way they will engage in a gun a battle or shoot out.

You know lots of people with guns? You would be surprised what a person will do when their survival is at stake. Guns won't solve the problem true, the problem is people being radicalized. Hopefully we will not have an increase in these incidents but if it does happen, people should have a right to defend themselves, not be dissarmed

Answer the poll

High percentage of Americans will tell you the other way. There is now way flooding this country with more guns will solve this problem. I know lots of LEO and other agencies they will tell you are wrong. I know lots of people with guns and they ain't no way they will engage in a gun a battle or shoot out.

You know lots of people with guns? You would be surprised what a person will do when their survival is at stake. Guns won't solve the problem true, the problem is people being radicalized. Hopefully we will not have an increase in these incidents but if it does happen, people should have a right to defend themselves, not be dissarmed

I am not in favor of disarming law abiding citizens. I'm against more guns flooding the streets. Where everyone are walking around with guns strap to their body.

Answer the poll

In order to have a gun at that Christmas Party, my daughter would have to carry a gun everywhere she goes.......church, movies, shopping, jogging, school, work.....
What a horrible vision of a civilized society

And she wears a seatbelt every time she drives....and locks her doors at night.......right? Imagine living in a world where you have to lock your doors and windows every day and night....the horrrors........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer the poll

And I know just as many cops...in fact the majority of them in polls, who agree with armed citizens.....actual polls of police organizations........

And no one says anyone has to engage in a gun battle....what is it with you guys.......they just have to have the weapon to defend themselves if they happen to be the target at the time of the attack.......

Answer the poll

I am not in favor of disarming law abiding citizens. I'm against more guns flooding the streets. Where everyone are walking around with guns strap to their body.

Guns aren't flooding the streets....right now there are well over 13 million people carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is going down, not up....how do you explain that?

NY Daily News just branded Wayne Lapiere a terrorist. Need I say more about NRA? About 74% of NRA members support universal background check.

Meet the Gun-Loving Lifelong Member of the NRA Who Just Submitted His Resignation

Most NRA members don't follow the issues surrounding univerasal background checks.....

first, they will work no better than current background checks...why? Because criminals steal their guns or get someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them...so you can have every single, last sale covered by universal background checks....and it won't stop one criminal...

And since every mass shooter passed at least one current background check...and some passed 3 background checks....and those that couldn't stole their guns....universal background checks won't stop one mass shooting...

But they will allow Everytown for Gun control to create felony traps for normal gun owners...if they make clerical errors or handling errors in their daily use of guns...and that is why they want universal background checks so badly...

That someone might be armed in the event of a mass shooting incident has no bearing on how that incident transpires, as there is no objective, documented evidence in the support of the errant, wrongheaded notion that armed citizens would 'thwart' a mass shooting incident in the first place.

Citizens have the right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to the right to self-defense as recognized by the Second Amendment, not to act in the capacity of 'law enforcement.'

Except for the actual times where an armed citizen actually stopped mass shooters...except for those you mean..right?

No one says they are to act as cops.........they carry guns to save their lives if they are attacked.....

The US is under attack by Islamic terrorist and the US government wants to disarm us.
Is California not a Gun Control haven? Doesn't California have some of the strictest gun laws in the Nation?
How that work out for them? You do not disarm your citizens when they are under attack.
Remember that Armed Citizens make soft targets hard.

The US is under attack by Islamic terrorist and the US government wants to disarm us.
Is California not a Gun Control haven? Doesn't California have some of the strictest gun laws in the Nation?
How that work out for them? You do not disarm your citizens when they are under attack.
Remember that Armed Citizens make soft targets hard.

And France completely bans fully automatic rifles in their country....and more than 11 terrorists easily got them........

We have over 3 million AR-14s in private hands, and they are sold in most gun stores...and they are only used a few times in any year for crime.........3 million......

Answer the poll

How about this one....

Yep...another case that the gun grabbers say never happens...this Uber driver stopped a guy during a mass shooting....

Police in Chicago Give Hero his Gun Back - The Truth About Guns

On April 17th, John Hendricks reacted quickly and accurately to stop a mass shooting, likely saving numerous lives. Hendricks was exercising his Constitutional rights in Chicago, a town where they had been suppressed for generations. He was taking a break from accepting Uber fares when he saw a man rack a slide on a pistol across the street . . .

That’s when the man began firing at a group near him. Hendricks acted quickly and precisely. He fired about six rounds, hitting the attacker three times, a more accurate result than in most police-involved shootings.

Hendricks made the tactically correct decision to leave the area once the threat was down. He returned to give an account to the police on the scene.

From buzzpo.com:

Hendricks returned to the scene when police arrived and held his arms in the air, concealed carry and firearm owner identification cards in hand.

He said it was a common-sense approach after what had transpired.

“A shooting just happened,” Hendricks said. “I’m the one that called, and I’m the shooter.”

“At the time, I remembered I still had my firearm on me,” he recalled. “I let them know that my firearm’s on my right side.”

The police took Hendricks’ gun, which is common in self-defense situations. I have often taught concealed carry students to expect their gun to be impounded by the police while they sort things out.

The man is not a SEAL, a SWAT member, or James Bond.....and he stopped an active mass shooter...gee........I wonder why this doesn't count....prepare for the gun grabbers to move the goal post on the stopping of a mass shooting in 3......2......1.....

Answer the poll

In order to have a gun at that Christmas Party, my daughter would have to carry a gun everywhere she goes.......church, movies, shopping, jogging, school, work.....
What a horrible vision of a civilized society

But you know, she wouldn't have to carry a gun everywhere she goes. She would have a choice.
So, uh, are you saying a woman survivor said she had time to leave where she was visiting with friends at the xmas party, unlock her locker, get her purse out of her locker, get her gun out of her purse, put her purse back, lock the locker, return to the party and take down the shooters?

Amazing.

How about we stop NRA's helping terrorists buy guns?

12079554_10154343190628327_2806022607845360387_n.jpg

Sure, just like US military personal who aren't allowed to carry guns on base. (guess they cant be trusted with weapons) pretty tough to defend yourselves these days

Answer the poll

How about this one....

Yep...another case that the gun grabbers say never happens...this Uber driver stopped a guy during a mass shooting....

Police in Chicago Give Hero his Gun Back - The Truth About Guns

On April 17th, John Hendricks reacted quickly and accurately to stop a mass shooting, likely saving numerous lives. Hendricks was exercising his Constitutional rights in Chicago, a town where they had been suppressed for generations. He was taking a break from accepting Uber fares when he saw a man rack a slide on a pistol across the street . . .

That’s when the man began firing at a group near him. Hendricks acted quickly and precisely. He fired about six rounds, hitting the attacker three times, a more accurate result than in most police-involved shootings.

Hendricks made the tactically correct decision to leave the area once the threat was down. He returned to give an account to the police on the scene.

From buzzpo.com:

Hendricks returned to the scene when police arrived and held his arms in the air, concealed carry and firearm owner identification cards in hand.

He said it was a common-sense approach after what had transpired.

“A shooting just happened,” Hendricks said. “I’m the one that called, and I’m the shooter.”

“At the time, I remembered I still had my firearm on me,” he recalled. “I let them know that my firearm’s on my right side.”

The police took Hendricks’ gun, which is common in self-defense situations. I have often taught concealed carry students to expect their gun to be impounded by the police while they sort things out.

The man is not a SEAL, a SWAT member, or James Bond.....and he stopped an active mass shooter...gee........I wonder why this doesn't count....prepare for the gun grabbers to move the goal post on the stopping of a mass shooting in 3......2......1.....

Hey well, people on this board would have preferred a "Professional" instead. They cant believe a "GUN NUTTER" as they like to say, could have a cool head and act responsibly. They probably hate this fact which is why this story wasn't made front page national news.

You can bet they would have called this guy a gun nutter to, had they known he was carrying one. This guy saved a lot of lives

Really?

She would have been dead with a gun because of what they were wearing was BODY ARMOR, so how would she have been able to stop the killers?

It is like the retards screaming after the Oregon Campus shooting about had the students and staff been armed they could have stopped the lone gunman ( which was a terroristic act ) but failed to understand that the Campus was actually not a Gun Free Zone under Oregon law and one student was carrying at the time outside the halls and did not get involved because of the fact he was afraid of being shot by the police.

So as you dream of the day arming every citizen across this nation the fact still remains her having a gun would have done very little except get her killed, and she most likely would have not engaged anyway seeing the fact they ( the shooters ) were in body armor which meant she would had to be trained to be a sniper to take them out and had the proper weapon on her to do so, and I know for a fact her gun most likely would have been a .25 caliber and nothing larger!
The chances of someone with enough training, skill, and calm in a full-on fucking panic to kill either of these two assholes is off the charts. It's the same for the Paris theater. Could they get off a shot or two, maybe, before they were absolutely dead instead of maybe dead, yeah. Great solution. Hey, heavily armed people in body-armor, look at me playing John Wayne, the last thing they ever did.

The more likely outcome of this will be they jerk in Texas who shot the carjacking victim in the head, did not render assistance, grabbed the evidence, and fled before the cops arrived.

I actually own two shotguns within my home, and one is for protection of the estate and the other is for hunting. If I am in a mass shooting scenario the reality is the only thing I can do is duck, cover, and try to get others to safety if I can.

If a shooter has me pinned in, and I have no other way to get out of the way of being shot, then yes I will fire as many rounds I can and pray that one will strike the bastard dead, but with what was going on in California the reality is I would have not killed them and just got myself killed.

Too many people wish to be Bruce Willis in Die Hard but the reality is many of them would shit and piss their pants when confronted with a actual scenario like what happen in California.

Most that call for more guns have never been in a violent confrontation when a firearm was involved, and never been shot by one, and I have had both happen to me, and damn well know the reality of it all and you have split second to think or die and I am still alive with a scar to remind me of that event daily.
The only thing most Americans know about guns is what they see in the movies. Bruce Willis at that party would have been dead like the rest of them, who never saw it coming if they were lucky that is.

the only thing most gun grabbers know about gun owners is what they dream up from their dislike of people in general...and then add to that with their basic fear of guns...

because not one thing they believe about guns and gun owners is accurate.....not from what the anti gunners here post....
I own guns, and they are all going in a hole in the ground, just not soon enough.
I am looking to buy. What do you have? I will pay the going rate, if you hae what I am looking for...

Forum List

Back