If your job didnt give you off tomorrow to celebrate Juneteenth then I suggest you QUIT because

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
your company racist LOL LOL

I wasnt expected to be off tomorrow and was already scheduled off for Monday to celebrate my birthday so that means this weekend I am going to be somewhere NAKED. lol

Anyone else off??

When did this "holiday" magically appear? About the same time as the term "systemic racism" also burst upon our collective consciousness?

When did this "holiday" magically appear? About the same time as the term "systemic racism" also burst upon our collective consciousness?
Juneteenth has been an official state holiday in Texas for years, because it's where the historical event took place.
The rest of the nation never even heard of Juneteenth until Pres.Trump scheduled a rally in Oklahoma on June 19th, and the liberal loons and BLM idiots stared yelling he was a racist for violating the sacred black holiday. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Its been around since 1865. Thats what I celebrate instead of the 4th of july.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Juneteenth has been an official state holiday in Texas for years, because it's where the historical event took place.
The rest of the nation never even heard of Juneteenth until Pres.Trump scheduled a rally on June 19th, and the liberal loons and BLM idiots stared yelling he was a racist for violating the sacred day. ... :cuckoo:

You mean most white people never heard of it. Big difference. :cool:

I wasnt expected to be off tomorrow and was already scheduled off for Monday to celebrate my birthday so that means this weekend I am going to be somewhere NAKED. lol

Anyone else off??
Are you cute? If you are, maybe I'll join you.

The rest of the nation never even heard of Juneteenth until Pres.Trump scheduled a rally in Oklahoma on June 19th, and the liberal loons and BLM idiots stared yelling he was a racist for violating the sacred day. ... :cuckoo:

Actually his advisors suggested that he change the day for his campaign rally. Nobody that I know gave a rat's ass what he did and never heard of that famous day, which is an excuse to take another day off.

Many blacks today are segregationists...they would rather not celebrate July 4th and celebrate Junteenth.....I thought the idea was we are suppose to come together and be Americans....guess the rules have changed.....so go ahead and have a party tomorrow....but don't be surprised if we don't join in.....

Several years ago I was sent to Boston to work on a project for my company. Two of the people I was working with were black guys from the local area.
The next day happened to be June 19th, so I asked them if they were planning to work tomorrow, or take the day off because it was Juneteenth?
They both looked at me and said what's Juneteenth?
Having lived previously in Texas for several years I knew about the holiday and explained it to them.
They both showed up for work the next day. ... :cool:

Several years ago I was sent to Boston to work on a project for my company. Two of the people I was working with were black guys from the area.
The next day was June 19th, so I asked them if they were going to show up tomorrow or take the day off because it was Juneteenth?
They both looked at me and said what's Juneteenth?
Having lived previously in Texas for several years I knew about the holiday and explained it to them.
They both showed up for work the next day. ... :cool:
Yeah sure buddy. :itsok:

This was first published in 2006

"Roberta Smith, event founder and member of the Roxbury Homecoming Committee, said the community incorporated Juneteenth into Roxbury Pride Day, which started in 1997."

Anyone else off??
I never heard of it until this year.

But then again I have only been semi-retired for the past couple years. before then i was working too much to care about holidays I've worked for my self since I was in my early 20's so holidays are meaningless to me

besides that the name sounds stupid.

Juneteenth. WTF does that even mean?

Anyone else off??
I never heard of it until this year.

But then again I have only been semi-retired for the past couple years. before then i was working too much to care about holidays I've worked for my self since I was in my early 20's so holidays are meaningless to me

besides that the name sounds stupid.

Juneteenth. WTF does that even mean?

it means a day effective 2020 lol

Anyone else off??

Anyone else off??

It's not that my company ran out of watermelon per se, so much as it is the labor force normally employed to pick it is off burning buildings and otherwise sticking it to the Man, so nope, I am afraid all my employees must work tomorrow. No picnic for them. Surely I jest . . .

Forum List

Back