🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you're LDS, your founding prophet was a serial adulterer who was killed in a gun battle

Joseph Smith was a serial adulterer, a polygamist, a counterfeiter, and was run out of Kirtland after fleecing the faithful with his non-bank bank, near executed in Missouri, and created a theocracy in Illinois that led to a militia unit murdering him in Carthage Jail.
Thank You for your non-partisan diatribe.
Everything above is documented as you well know.

Joseph Smith was a serial adulterer, a polygamist, a counterfeiter, and was run out of Kirtland after fleecing the faithful with his non-bank bank, near executed in Missouri, and created a theocracy in Illinois that led to a militia unit murdering him in Carthage Jail.
All of it's true, unfortunately. What are you going to do about it?

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."

Link. Most LDS I know are pretty cool.
Since you are LDS, I am sure you think so.

It's no more or less crazy than any other religion.

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."

Link.

Most LDS I know are pretty cool.
LDS people are mostly law-abiding people, but I don't trust them. They are very secretive, and I figured out quickly that there was no point in referring clients to a Mormon lawyer, he would never return the favor. Mormons help Mormons, and do business with Mormons, and exclude outsiders. They are very insular.

That's where you are wrong, and all atheists are wrong on this.

They do not distinguish between different religions, and different levels of craziness.

That is why children raised by atheists are in danger of being recruited by the craziest cults, because their parents did not prepare them for it.

That's where you are wrong, and all atheists are wrong on this. They do not distinguish between different religions, and different levels of craziness. That is why children raised by atheists are in danger of being recruited by the craziest cults, because their parents did not prepare them for it.
Actually, you are wrong. The children of denominations like RC, LDS, Jehovah Witness, Pentecostal, etc. are more likely to end up in cults.

Link.

Most LDS I know are pretty cool.
LDS people are mostly law-abiding people, but I don't trust them. They are very secretive, and I figured out quickly that there was no point in referring clients to a Mormon lawyer, he would never return the favor. Mormons help Mormons, and do business with Mormons, and exclude outsiders. They are very insular.
I think you've given us plenty of ammunition to be secretive around you.

LDS is a false religion promulgated by a false prophet, a fact that is obvious after only a cursory investigation involving minimal effort. I have to believe that most LDS members know their religion is false, but stay in it because they don't want to lose important relationships with family and friends.

My made-up stories and imaginary beings are better than your made-up stories and imaginary beings.

Grow up already.

Liar.

So....I'm a big fan of apple strudel......what's everyone else's favorite desserts?

LDS is a false religion promulgated by a false prophet, a fact that is obvious after only a cursory investigation involving minimal effort. I have to believe that most LDS members know their religion is false, but stay in it because they don't want to lose important relationships with family and friends.
Liar.

Is there anything else you would like to say to me?
Is it true that you're going to get a whole planet to yourself one day?

Well, it's true that that is doctrinally accurate, however the actual receipt of a planet is suspect. About the same level as some slated to get 72 virgins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There' might have been couple of speakers back in the pioneer days that hinted at it.
But in my life time I've never heard anything from the pulpit.

Liar.
Sorry Gunny, not lying about anything. I have it on good authority, a former member of the LDS church, who told me this. He joined the LDS because he owned a general store in a small town in Arizona, and the only way he could get LDS people to give him business was to join LDS. He was never a true believer, but forced to join by economic pressure. But he got a good look from the inside, and he told me that in an LDS family, they will take in a teenage girl, call her the "babysitter" but she will actually be a second wife. I'm sorry if that upsets you Gunny, but that's just the way it is.

Liar.
No, it's true, most LDS members know their religion is a pack of lies, but they stay because it provides them a sense of community for them and their families.

Forum List

Back