🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you're LDS, your founding prophet was a serial adulterer who was killed in a gun battle

LDS is a false religion promulgated by a false prophet, a fact that is obvious after only a cursory investigation involving minimal effort. I have to believe that most LDS members know their religion is false, but stay in it because they don't want to lose important relationships with family and friends.

What should I ask them to express that would reveal this ?

I like my LDS friends.

They speak highly of their religion so there seems to be a disconnect here.

I will ask them about getting a planet for myself...what's that about ?

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."
Liar.
Sorry Gunny, not lying about anything. I have it on good authority, a former member of the LDS church, who told me this. He joined the LDS because he owned a general store in a small town in Arizona, and the only way he could get LDS people to give him business was to join LDS. He was never a true believer, but forced to join by economic pressure. But he got a good look from the inside, and he told me that in an LDS family, they will take in a teenage girl, call her the "babysitter" but she will actually be a second wife. I'm sorry if that upsets you Gunny, but that's just the way it is.

That's a single data point.

Seriously.

Your claim is based on that ?

LDS families are told to maintain a perfect, all-American, Ward and June Cleaver image, white shirts and ties for the men, dresses and high heels for the women, no tattoos, no long hair, no beards. It's all about keeping up appearances of a wholesome family religion. The reality is that LDS family life is anything but wholesome, they still believe bigamy is acceptable, and some Mormons practice it, though they call the second wife the "babysitter."

Link. Most LDS I know are pretty cool.
Since you are LDS, I am sure you think so.

I am LDS ?

Where did you get that ?

You are one sad piece of work.

You lie constantly and then hide behind some kind "logic" that nobody, but nobody acknowledges as being meaningful.

Get stuffed.

Liar.
Sorry Gunny, not lying about anything. I have it on good authority, a former member of the LDS church, who told me this. He joined the LDS because he owned a general store in a small town in Arizona, and the only way he could get LDS people to give him business was to join LDS. He was never a true believer, but forced to join by economic pressure. But he got a good look from the inside, and he told me that in an LDS family, they will take in a teenage girl, call her the "babysitter" but she will actually be a second wife. I'm sorry if that upsets you Gunny, but that's just the way it is.

Seriously.

Given the secrecy of the LDS cult, it is difficult to get inside information. So this is the best I can do, a former LDS member who had insider information. I'm sorry, but what to you want me to do, a neighborhood canvas?

Liar.

Seriously.

Given the secrecy of the LDS cult, it is difficult to get inside information. So this is the best I can do, a former LDS member who had insider information. I'm sorry, but what to you want me to do, a neighborhood canvas?

It seems a little strange to declare an entire religion false based on one experience.

I have a Methodist friend who hates the Methodist church....long story.

He is pissed because he was mistreated......

I don't blame or think badly of all Methodists because of him.

Liar.
That is a lie plan and simple. You have no idea what you are babbling about.

LDS is a false religion promulgated by a false prophet, a fact that is obvious after only a cursory investigation involving minimal effort. I have to believe that most LDS members know their religion is false, but stay in it because they don't want to lose important relationships with family and friends.
Liar.
No, it's true, most LDS members know their religion is a pack of lies, but they stay because it provides them a sense of community for them and their families.
Wrong again that is NOT why people stay in the Church. You keep making shit up and hoping fools will believe you.

Joseph Smith was a serial adulterer, a polygamist, a counterfeiter, and was run out of Kirtland after fleecing the faithful with his non-bank bank, near executed in Missouri, and created a theocracy in Illinois that led to a militia unit murdering him in Carthage Jail.
I see you mentioned polygamy. Polygamy was common place in the fictional Jesus time (0CE). I don't recall any of the stories about him, forbidding polygamy. Where's your problem with it?

Why is a thread intended to provoke hatred and bigotry NOT in The Flame Zone? If you agree, please "report" the original post.

I am LDS ?

Where did you get that ?

You lie constantly and then hide behind some kind "logic" that nobody, but nobody acknowledges as being meaningful.

Get stuffed.
So you got excommunicated. OK. Nonetheless, LDS folks are OK, except when the more weird Mormons are being polygamous and hurting women and children. Are you one of those?

Americans, disgusted by the bigamy and immorality of the LDS church, kept kicking them out everywhere they settled. The hostility between Mormons and non-Mormons eventually got so bad that Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS church, was killed in a gun battle.

Death of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

This same bigamy and immorality that you speak of was practiced by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Those who killed the prophet Joseph would have killed Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So what do you think? Were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob immoral? Did God in his infinite wisdom choose an immoral person to be known as the Father of the faithful? The truth is that an angry mob surrounded the place where Joseph Smith and others were being held and they began to fire shots through the door of the room. They shot and killed Joseph's brother Hyrum. In self defense and in the defense of others he shot back. Knowing that this was not going to keep the mob at bay and knowing that they were mainly out to get him, in his desire to protect the others, he went to the window and allowed himself to be shot and then jumped from the window to his death.

So much for freedom of religion. The members of the church were forced out of the state and pioneered their way to the Salt Lake Valley. Many were caught in winter storms and died. Before the prophet's death, many times he was drug from his home in the middle of the night and beaten, tarred and feathered, and they even tried to force poison down his throat. He constantly was falsely accused of many things. God preserved him until his mission was accomplished and he then died as a martyr for the Church of Jesus Christ. Joseph is the great prophet of the latter-days who restored the church of Jesus Christ to the earth. The church, after going into the wilderness for a time, times, and the dividing of time was finally brought back to fulfill God's purposes in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times. This being the time of the restitution of all things.

Acts 3:21
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The practice of plural marriage was part of the restitution of all things and was revealed to Joseph Smith in the 132nd section of the Doctrine and Covenants. It was lawful in the days of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and it was restored as part of this dispensation of the fullness of times. Those who killed the prophet have to answer to God for killing his messenger.

Americans, disgusted by the bigamy and immorality of the LDS church, kept kicking them out everywhere they settled. The hostility between Mormons and non-Mormons eventually got so bad that Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS church, was killed in a gun battle.

This same bigamy and immorality that you speak of was practiced by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Those who killed the prophet Joseph would have killed Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So what do you think? Were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob immoral? Did God in his infinite wisdom choose an immoral person to be known as the Father of the faithful? The truth is that an angry mob surrounded the place where Joseph Smith and others were being held and they began to fire shots through the door of the room. They shot and killed Joseph's brother Hyrum. In self defense and in the defense of others he shot back. Knowing that this was not going to keep the mob at bay and knowing that they were mainly out to get him, in his desire to protect the others, he went to the window and allowed himself to be shot and then jumped from the window to his death.

So much for freedom of religion. The members of the church were forced out of the state and pioneered their way to the Salt Lake Valley. Many were caught in winter storms and died. Before the prophet's death, many times he was drug from his home in the middle of the night and beaten, tarred and feathered, and they even tried to force poison down his throat. He constantly was falsely accused of many things. God preserved him until his mission was accomplished and he then died as a martyr for the Church of Jesus Christ. Joseph is the great prophet of the latter-days who restored the church of Jesus Christ to the earth. The church, after going into the wilderness for a time, times, and the dividing of time was finally brought back to fulfill God's purposes in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times. This being the time of the restitution of all things.

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The practice of plural marriage was part of the restitution of all things and was revealed to Joseph Smith in the 132nd section of the Doctrine and Covenants. It was lawful in the days of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and it was restored as part of this dispensation of the fullness of times. Those who killed the prophet have to answer to God for killing his messenger.

Oh good, a REAL Mormon has shown up, unapologetic for anything he believes. It's refreshing to see someone else around here who has a backbone. The rest of the Mormons I've seen here have been running away from the truth of their history, and the truth of what their church stands for, but you embrace it.

GOOD.

Liar.

Seriously.

Hey Dude. My mentor when I was fresh hire out of college was LDS. Brilliant guy. We chatted openly about the church and he gave all kinds of stuff to read. In fact, we got stopped by police one day when I came back from LDS services with him and were loading 50gal drums of grain into his garage. Neighbors thought it might be explosives or oil or some damn thing. NO ONE I met there was secretive or hiding anything.

New neighbors in Tenn were Mormon also. Great people. Never saw any funny underwear or gunfights. Except for their kids paintballing up in the woods.

Liar.
That's laughable.
What's this? A contest who can tell the biggest whopper?
The LDS church hasn't practice plural marriage since 1896
Now they're off shoots in small communities that practice this stuff they're really not Mormons.
Just cultist trying to get away with stuff.

I am LDS ?

Where did you get that ?

Get stuffed.
Get Stuffed???
LOL
I haven't heard that expression in a loooong time.
Like about 1969 when I was an LDS Missionary in Australia.

Liar.
That's laughable.
What's this? A contest who can tell the biggest whopper?
The LDS church hasn't practice plural marriage since 1896
Now they're off shoots in small communities that practice this stuff they're really not Mormons.
Just cultist trying to get away with stuff.
The only reason it isn't openly practiced now; is because it is illegal. There is nothing in the Bible that forbids a man having multiple wives.

I am LDS ?

Where did you get that ?

Get stuffed.
So you got excommunicated. OK. Nonetheless, LDS folks are OK, except when the more weird Mormons are being polygamous and hurting women and children. Are you one of those?

You are on crack.

But that would explain a lot.

Oh good, a REAL Mormon has shown up, unapologetic for anything he believes. It's refreshing to see someone else around here who has a backbone. The rest of the Mormons I've seen here have been running away from the truth of their history, and the truth of what their church stands for, but you embrace it.

GOOD.

Are catholics apologetic for their past ?

Who knew ?

Forum List

Back