🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you're LDS, your founding prophet was a serial adulterer who was killed in a gun battle

Americans, disgusted by the bigamy and immorality of the LDS church, kept kicking them out everywhere they settled. The hostility between Mormons and non-Mormons eventually got so bad that Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS church, was killed in a gun battle.

Death of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

This same bigamy and immorality that you speak of was practiced by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Those who killed the prophet Joseph would have killed Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So what do you think? Were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob immoral? Did God in his infinite wisdom choose an immoral person to be known as the Father of the faithful? The truth is that an angry mob surrounded the place where Joseph Smith and others were being held and they began to fire shots through the door of the room. They shot and killed Joseph's brother Hyrum. In self defense and in the defense of others he shot back. Knowing that this was not going to keep the mob at bay and knowing that they were mainly out to get him, in his desire to protect the others, he went to the window and allowed himself to be shot and then jumped from the window to his death.

So much for freedom of religion. The members of the church were forced out of the state and pioneered their way to the Salt Lake Valley. Many were caught in winter storms and died. Before the prophet's death, many times he was drug from his home in the middle of the night and beaten, tarred and feathered, and they even tried to force poison down his throat. He constantly was falsely accused of many things. God preserved him until his mission was accomplished and he then died as a martyr for the Church of Jesus Christ. Joseph is the great prophet of the latter-days who restored the church of Jesus Christ to the earth. The church, after going into the wilderness for a time, times, and the dividing of time was finally brought back to fulfill God's purposes in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times. This being the time of the restitution of all things.

Acts 3:21
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The practice of plural marriage was part of the restitution of all things and was revealed to Joseph Smith in the 132nd section of the Doctrine and Covenants. It was lawful in the days of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and it was restored as part of this dispensation of the fullness of times. Those who killed the prophet have to answer to God for killing his messenger.

Oh good, a REAL Mormon has shown up, unapologetic for anything he believes. It's refreshing to see someone else around here who has a backbone. The rest of the Mormons I've seen here have been running away from the truth of their history, and the truth of what their church stands for, but you embrace it.

GOOD.
Are catholics apologetic for their past ? Who knew ?
So you LDS want to act like Catholics. OK. Both are hypocritical denominations, and you are such for supporting their bad history.

LDS is no falser, and probably less false, than the Catholic church..or the Episcopal church.

and who knows, maybe they have it right. Maybe smith was a prophet.

Prophets often died horrible deaths and were considered madmen.

Americans, disgusted by the bigamy and immorality of the LDS church, kept kicking them out everywhere they settled. The hostility between Mormons and non-Mormons eventually got so bad that Joseph Smith, founder of the LDS church, was killed in a gun battle.

Death of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

This same bigamy and immorality that you speak of was practiced by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Those who killed the prophet Joseph would have killed Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. So what do you think? Were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob immoral? Did God in his infinite wisdom choose an immoral person to be known as the Father of the faithful? The truth is that an angry mob surrounded the place where Joseph Smith and others were being held and they began to fire shots through the door of the room. They shot and killed Joseph's brother Hyrum. In self defense and in the defense of others he shot back. Knowing that this was not going to keep the mob at bay and knowing that they were mainly out to get him, in his desire to protect the others, he went to the window and allowed himself to be shot and then jumped from the window to his death.

So much for freedom of religion. The members of the church were forced out of the state and pioneered their way to the Salt Lake Valley. Many were caught in winter storms and died. Before the prophet's death, many times he was drug from his home in the middle of the night and beaten, tarred and feathered, and they even tried to force poison down his throat. He constantly was falsely accused of many things. God preserved him until his mission was accomplished and he then died as a martyr for the Church of Jesus Christ. Joseph is the great prophet of the latter-days who restored the church of Jesus Christ to the earth. The church, after going into the wilderness for a time, times, and the dividing of time was finally brought back to fulfill God's purposes in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times. This being the time of the restitution of all things.

Acts 3:21
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The practice of plural marriage was part of the restitution of all things and was revealed to Joseph Smith in the 132nd section of the Doctrine and Covenants. It was lawful in the days of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and it was restored as part of this dispensation of the fullness of times. Those who killed the prophet have to answer to God for killing his messenger.

Yes they were immoral. He chose immoral leaders of the faithful, because everyone is. Bigamy/polygamy was not a commandment from any prophet. God used our sinful natures and works all things together for good (Rom. 8:28) despite how immoral we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Although the Lord has been known to call men out of obscurity to be his leaders, once called I believe he expects them to repent and be clean. They may not overcome every small sin that man can do but I think he expects them, at a bear minimum, to not do all the major sins like murder, adultery, homosexuality, fornication, etc., etc. God expects his servants to repent of such things or lose their calling.

Isaiah 52:11
11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the Lord.

Saul of Tarsus is an interesting example. He persecuted the Christians and while doing so, God called him:

Acts 22:6-16
6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.
12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,
13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.
14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Now if Saul, later called Paul, had turned back to his ways of persecution, I doubt that the Lord would have continued with him in his wickedness. The same would apply the Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Yet they continued in their ways of having more than one wife and in the eyes of God these men were justified. Abraham himself being known as the father of the faithful. Would Abraham have been a faithful servant if his acts were immoral and unjust in the eyes of God? I think not and he would not have received the great blessing that through him and his seed would all the world be blessed if he were not a faithful servant.

Does this mean that these men were perfect? No, but they lived the laws of God to the extent that God found them worthy to bless them as leaders in the cause of righteousness. The revelations and lives of these men are condensed into a few chapters of a single book in the bible. All that God spoke to them and taught them is not revealed in the Book of Genesis. Through the prophet Joseph Smith, God made it know what his law was regarding plural marriage and can be found in the section 132 of the Doctrine and Covenants.

Forum List

Back