If You're Not Happy With Any Party Right Now

For all their flaws, the Democratic Party still represents my interests better than the GOP.

But they screwed over Bernie, and that definitely lost them some of my loyalty.
Analysis | A majority says the Democratic Party stands for nothing — except the only thing that matters in 2018

What are your interests? How do keep you satisfied?

What does the GOP stand for? I know they used to stand for something but nothing I can see in the past several years.

For all their flaws, the Democratic Party still represents my interests better than the GOP.

Analysis | A majority says the Democratic Party stands for nothing — except the only thing that matters in 2018

Equal rights for all, regardless of gender, race, orientation, religion.

Leveling income disparity - raising minimum wage.

Healthcare access for all.

Education.

Supportive of cleaner alternative energies.

General environmental and conservation issues.
Oh, and what rights arent equal, exactly?

When gay people can't get married, and when transgenders can get fired for being transgender, things aren't equal.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal. Now you will say that they aren't citizens, they don't get equality. You are correct. But it sets a precedent of Muslim inequality here in the US.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal.

You do realize the courts ruled on a campaign speech, and not the EO, right?

There is no 'Muslim Ban', except in the minds of the conned.

The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

George Washington was SOOOOOOOOOO right

What does the GOP stand for? I know they used to stand for something but nothing I can see in the past several years.
corporatism and globalism? Been that way since the 80s

When gay people can't get married, and when transgenders can get fired for being transgender, things aren't equal.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal. Now you will say that they aren't citizens, they don't get equality. You are correct. But it sets a precedent of Muslim inequality here in the US.
So, equality to you, is one person having more rights than others? Why cant a person who owns a business hire/fire how he sees fit? Do you not believe in private property as well?
We have a muslim ban? :dunno:

How are gay people being able to marry getting "more rights"?

No private businesses can fire based on race, gender, orientation etc. But can still literally fire someone for being transgender. How is that an "extra right"?

Trump's admin has called it a Muslim ban.

Your question asking if I "believe" in private property is a throwaway attempt to distract. That said, the answer is I acknowledge private property, since I own some myself. But don't be an asshole, ok?
I didnt mention gay marriage. Gays can get married and i completely support that. I dont support institutional discrimination. Whether its about marriage, private property or anything. I do believe in people having the right to discriminate.
I know, im saying they should be able to. I fully support private property.
Link about the muslim ban?
Im not being an asshole. I am discussing policy.
How can you support private property when you want the govt tell you how to use/run it? Its contradictory. So much for "private" ey?

You are being an asshole with the private property question. What did I write that could have led you to think I might not believe in private property????
I just answered that. How can you believe in private property when you also support the govts action of over reach? Power they shouldnt even have, dictating how you use/run your property? That doesnt make sense to me. Kinda takes the whole meaning out of "private"

Education is government "overreach"?

Do you want it to be all private, or something?

I get your healthcare argument. No one wants to be told they have to buy health insurance. Which is why I support single payer healthcare.

Oh well THANK GOD!!!!!!!!
It's ok that Obama and the Democrats enriched globalist corporations using OUR money...bailed out the very people who caused the collapse (no one went to jail).....but they passed transgender rights.....so yes, they are SO awesome!!!!!!!!

Why do you get so hysterical?

I wasn't thrilled with the bailout, either. But I'm not a one-issue voter.
Yeah...we have a government out of control, politicians ripping us off, a police state in the works, war and more war, a military industrial complex controlling foriegn policy, the rich getting amazing rich thanks to government connections and protection, a media controlled by six billionaire corporations, our rights being taken...etc...nothing to get hysterical about.

Whatever you say, Chicken Little!

You'll know when you're really oppressed.

This is why i hate the duopoly. They are SO full of shit. But the population just buys their horseshit..
You have to be a COMPLETE MORON to think they give a fuck about you.
Another editorial in my op ed section this morning was saying the duopoly is about to end. That they are destroying themselves/each other and are about to fracture into groups with real ideas, not bumper sticker logos and billions of dollars to get a shiny new Ken doll elected every four years.

So, equality to you, is one person having more rights than others? Why cant a person who owns a business hire/fire how he sees fit? Do you not believe in private property as well?
We have a muslim ban? :dunno:

No private businesses can fire based on race, gender, orientation etc. But can still literally fire someone for being transgender. How is that an "extra right"?

Your question asking if I "believe" in private property is a throwaway attempt to distract. That said, the answer is I acknowledge private property, since I own some myself. But don't be an asshole, ok?
I didnt mention gay marriage. Gays can get married and i completely support that. I dont support institutional discrimination. Whether its about marriage, private property or anything. I do believe in people having the right to discriminate.
How can you support private property when you want the govt tell you how to use/run it? Its contradictory. So much for "private" ey?

You are being an asshole with the private property question. What did I write that could have led you to think I might not believe in private property????
I just answered that. How can you believe in private property when you also support the govts action of over reach? Power they shouldnt even have, dictating how you use/run your property? That doesnt make sense to me. Kinda takes the whole meaning out of "private"

I get your healthcare argument. No one wants to be told they have to buy health insurance. Which is why I support single payer healthcare.
what does the constitution say about education?

This is why i hate the duopoly. They are SO full of shit. But the population just buys their horseshit..
You have to be a COMPLETE MORON to think they give a fuck about you.
Another editorial in my op ed section this morning was saying the duopoly is about to end. That they are destroying themselves/each other and are about to fracture into groups with real ideas, not bumper sticker logos and billions of dollars to get a shiny new Ken doll elected every four years.
They are both going down the shitter, thats for sure. The Ds are extremists and too emotional. The Rs are complete failures. And they are both full of hacks.

Education.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal.

The campaign speech shows intent.

Education.

what does that matter?

I was hoping to keep this thread from being rancorous; however, that ain't gonna happen, so here:
the op ed I referred to saying the duopoly is on its last legs:
JOE SCARBOROUGH
Trump is killing the Republican Party
It would take far more than a single column to detail Trump’s failures in the months following his bleak inaugural address. But the Republican leaders who have subjugated themselves to the White House’s corrupting influence fell short of Lincoln’s standard long before their favorite reality-TV star brought his gaudy circus act to Washington.

When I left Congress in 2001, I praised my party’s successful efforts to balance the budget for the first time in a generation and keep many of the promises that led to our takeover in 1994. I concluded my last speech on the House floor by foolishly predicting that Republicans would balance budgets and champion a restrained foreign policy for as long as they held power.

I would be proved wrong immediately.

As the new century began, Republicans gained control of the federal government. George W. Bush and the GOP Congress responded by turning a $155 billion surplus into a $1 trillion deficit and doubling the national debt, passing a $7 trillion unfunded entitlement program and promoting a foreign policy so utopian it would have made Woodrow Wilson blush. Voters made Nancy Pelosi speaker of the House in 2006 and Barack Obama president in 2008.

After their well-deserved drubbing, Republicans swore that if voters ever entrusted them with running Washington again, they would prove themselves worthy. Trump’s party was given a second chance this year, but it has spent almost every day since then making the majority of Americans regret it.

The GOP president questioned America’s constitutional system of checks and balances. Republican leaders said nothing. He echoed Stalin and Mao by calling the free press “the enemy of the people.” Republican leaders were silent. And as the commander in chief insulted allies while embracing autocratic thugs, Republicans who spent a decade supporting wars of choice remained quiet. Meanwhile, their budget-busting proposals demonstrate a fiscal recklessness very much in line with the Bush years.

Last week’s Russia revelations show just how shamelessly Republican lawmakers will stand by a longtime Democrat who switched parties after the promotion of a racist theory about Barack Obama gave him standing in Lincoln’s once-proud party. Neither Lincoln, William Buckley nor Ronald Reagan would recognize this movement.

It is a dying party that I can no longer defend.

Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Jon Meacham has long predicted that the Republican and Democrats’ 150-year duopoly will end. The signs seem obvious enough. When my Republican Party took control of Congress in 1994, it was the first time the GOP had won the House in a generation. The two parties have been in a state of turmoil ever since.

In 2004, Republican strategist Karl Rove anticipated a majority that would last a generation; two years later, Pelosi became the most liberal House speaker in history. Obama was swept into power by a supposedly unassailable Democratic coalition. In 2010, the tea party tide rolled in. Obama’s re-election returned the momentum to the Democrats, but Republicans won a historic state-level landslide in 2014. Then last fall, Trump demolished the Republican and Democratic establishments.

Political historians will one day view Trump as a historical anomaly. But the wreckage visited of this man will break the Republican Party into pieces — and lead to the election of independent thinkers no longer tethered to the tired dogmas of the polarized past. When that day mercifully arrives, the two-party duopoly that has strangled American politics for almost two centuries will finally come to an end. And Washington just may begin to work again.

Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida, hosts the MSNBC show “Morning Joe.”
http://bangordailynews.com/2017/07/18/opinion/contributors/trump-is-killing-the-republican-party/

It's ok that Obama and the Democrats enriched globalist corporations using OUR money...bailed out the very people who caused the collapse (no one went to jail).....but they passed transgender rights.....so yes, they are SO awesome!!!!!!!!

Yeah...we have a government out of control, politicians ripping us off, a police state in the works, war and more war, a military industrial complex controlling foriegn policy, the rich getting amazing rich thanks to government connections and protection, a media controlled by six billionaire corporations, our rights being taken...etc...nothing to get hysterical about.

Clearly reality is not your strong suit.

I completely agree with that BTW. The country is failing apart right in front of people but it doesnt matter. Or they cant see the forest from the trees

Absolutely nothing. It does talk about general welfare.

Education.

intent?

and what did the EO show?

Did it also show 'intent'?

I completely agree with that BTW. The country is failing apart right in front of people but it doesnt matter. Or they cant see the forest from the trees
Agreed. Many don't want to see it. They live in an imaginary world of their own making. It is hard to blame them, since the reality is so heinous. Of course, we have many dumb Americans who think a big unlimited government run by a small unaccountable elite is good.

Education.

what does that matter?

Because he wanted a Muslim ban, and whatever they call it, they effectively enacted a Muslim ban.

Which leaves it to the states. Promoting general welfare doesnt mean creating it.

Oh yeah...there it is. Proving you are dupe.

The left has used the general welfare clause to do all sorts of shit in the name of good intentions.

Obama said it best years ago, when he said we need a constitution of "positive rights." Look it up if you don't know, but then admit you are uninformed.

Forum List

Back