If You're Not Happy With Any Party Right Now

There used to be a popular bumper sticker, "Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way"
In that scenario, I need to get out of the way. I'd happily be a follower, if there were someone I felt was worthy of following. Maybe there's a silver lining in every storm cloud. I wanted to share this with those of you who feel like me. Things may get better. Maybe some of us need to get involved in one way or other.
As bones says, stay strong.

Kathleen Parker: Trump's unique gift to America

• Jul 18, 2017
  • BANNER ELK, N.C. — Even the least popular presidents sometimes do great things.

What might Donald Trump’s great thing be? He has unified a divided nation.

He has brought Republicans and Democrats together as only just wars can. He’s brought women, scientists, minorities, teachers, journalists, professors — and no, they’re not all liberal — out of their favorite laptop seats and moved them to march, protest and, most important, run for public office.

The pink-capped Women’s March is familiar to all but the dead. On Earth Day in April, scientists around the world staged rallies to protest Trump’s apparent lack of interest in research-backed facts.

A few prominent conservatives — George Will and Joe Scarborough among them — have left the GOP, while Democrats have offered to take drastic action.

A majority say they would forswear drinking for life if it would mean Trump’s impeachment, according to a story in The Hill. This seems a tad excessive, though given the increased alcohol consumption (anecdotally) since Trump took office, a long-term wagon ride might be just what the doctor would order. Relatedly, if not causatively, Nevada ran out of marijuana products a few days after the state legalized recreational use.

When have so many Americans of so many stripes been so united in a shared mission? And, no, Woodstock doesn’t count.

Other gifts from the president include an increased national interest in politics, civic participation and electoral office. Trump seems to be on the tip of everyone’s tongue, even among those who have never before expressed any interest in politics.

Chris Clark, an artist in this mountain village, echoed the sentiments one hears several times on any given day. “I’m obsessed with the news,” he told me during a recent visit to his gallery.

“All I do is watch TV now,” he laughed. “It’s like watching a train wreck, you can’t look away. It’s hard to go to work, really!”

Meanwhile, countless Republicans and Democrats and independents, the nonpolitical as well as scientists, teachers, and, sure, a freshly emboldened outlier class (Jay Z?) are considering running for public office, a goal previously not on the radar.

A newly formed Political Action Committee — 314 Action — is urging scientists to “Get Elected” and offers help with funding and logistics. Hundreds have signed up. Similarly, Silicon Valley tech magnate Sam Altman — president of Y Combinator, which invests in start-ups such as Dropbox and Airbnb — is offering to fund good candidates for statewide office to “create prosperity through technology, economic fairness and maintaining personal liberty.”

Nationally, a centrist movement is gaining traction under the self-explaining name of “No Labels,” and may yet prove to be a counterforce in the zero-sum sport of current politics. The group organized in 2010 and is co-chaired by former Republican Gov. Jon Huntsman and former Democrat (later Independent) Joe Lieberman.

Today, more than 70 members of Congress from both parties have formed a bipartisan coalition called the “No Labels Problem Solvers,” pledging to work together on legislative initiatives. Earlier this month, the congressional group released its first bipartisan effort — a “Make Government Work!” legislative package aimed at reducing government waste and inefficiency. Coming up in September, No Labels will host an international Ideas Summit to coincide with the United Nations General Assembly session in New York.

Thus, though our national political narrative is that we’re more divided than ever, a dispassionate second look suggests otherwise. We’re not so much divided as stuck. Running in mud. That’s not the swamp draining; it’s the muck of money, greed, self-interest and one-upmanship — Washington’s unique art of the deal.

We don’t have only Trump to thank. The ecosystem of media-generated conflict and America’s penchant for spectator sports has ensured a persistent game of warring factions — a perfect milieu for someone like Trump with his particular talents. He merely strolled to the lectern, called everybody else a loser, and plowed his way to the presidency on a whim and the most golden of promises — to make America great again.

We have work to do. There is hope. A trend seems to be taking shape if momentum can be nourished. What an irony if Trump’s presidency made America great again by inspiring people to get elected whose civilian lives have been circumscribed by the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom and truth, which is not, in fact, relative.

Trump would go down as one of the greatest unifying presidents in history — the sooner the better.

Kathleen Parker’s email address is [email protected].
I was going to offer a comprehensive analysis of what Parker is doing, or trying to do.

But really, I think it boils down to this: She's trying to put lipstick on a pig.
She going against the liberal grain.....thinking positive.

it is coming to a tipping point where in all elections

a trump like candidate is going to win

fck em all

BTW, there is a great song by Mylene Farmer "fck em all". I just love it (even though I don't normally use f-words and don't like to hear them).

Last edited:
Equal rights for all, regardless of gender, race, orientation, religion.

Leveling income disparity - raising minimum wage.

Healthcare access for all.

Education.

Supportive of cleaner alternative energies.

General environmental and conservation issues.
So basically govt over reach and unconstitutional actions.
Yep, that about sums up the dem party :badgrin:

Yes, I adore government overreach over corporate overreach.

One of the few things the govt should do is keep corporations in line.
So what are you trying to say?

That they're doing a piss-poor job of it.
so they fail at something they are supposed to do and you want them to run 50% of our life? How does that even make sense?

I'm not asking anyone to "run" 50% of my life. Another distraction by TN.

In that scenario, I need to get out of the way. I'd happily be a follower, if there were someone I felt was worthy of following. Maybe there's a silver lining in every storm cloud. I wanted to share this with those of you who feel like me. Things may get better. Maybe some of us need to get involved in one way or other.

• Jul 18, 2017
  • BANNER ELK, N.C. — Even the least popular presidents sometimes do great things.

He has brought Republicans and Democrats together as only just wars can. He’s brought women, scientists, minorities, teachers, journalists, professors — and no, they’re not all liberal — out of their favorite laptop seats and moved them to march, protest and, most important, run for public office.

The pink-capped Women’s March is familiar to all but the dead. On Earth Day in April, scientists around the world staged rallies to protest Trump’s apparent lack of interest in research-backed facts.

A few prominent conservatives — George Will and Joe Scarborough among them — have left the GOP, while Democrats have offered to take drastic action.

A majority say they would forswear drinking for life if it would mean Trump’s impeachment, according to a story in The Hill. This seems a tad excessive, though given the increased alcohol consumption (anecdotally) since Trump took office, a long-term wagon ride might be just what the doctor would order. Relatedly, if not causatively, Nevada ran out of marijuana products a few days after the state legalized recreational use.

When have so many Americans of so many stripes been so united in a shared mission? And, no, Woodstock doesn’t count.

Other gifts from the president include an increased national interest in politics, civic participation and electoral office. Trump seems to be on the tip of everyone’s tongue, even among those who have never before expressed any interest in politics.

Chris Clark, an artist in this mountain village, echoed the sentiments one hears several times on any given day. “I’m obsessed with the news,” he told me during a recent visit to his gallery.

“All I do is watch TV now,” he laughed. “It’s like watching a train wreck, you can’t look away. It’s hard to go to work, really!”

Meanwhile, countless Republicans and Democrats and independents, the nonpolitical as well as scientists, teachers, and, sure, a freshly emboldened outlier class (Jay Z?) are considering running for public office, a goal previously not on the radar.

A newly formed Political Action Committee — 314 Action — is urging scientists to “Get Elected” and offers help with funding and logistics. Hundreds have signed up. Similarly, Silicon Valley tech magnate Sam Altman — president of Y Combinator, which invests in start-ups such as Dropbox and Airbnb — is offering to fund good candidates for statewide office to “create prosperity through technology, economic fairness and maintaining personal liberty.”

Nationally, a centrist movement is gaining traction under the self-explaining name of “No Labels,” and may yet prove to be a counterforce in the zero-sum sport of current politics. The group organized in 2010 and is co-chaired by former Republican Gov. Jon Huntsman and former Democrat (later Independent) Joe Lieberman.

Today, more than 70 members of Congress from both parties have formed a bipartisan coalition called the “No Labels Problem Solvers,” pledging to work together on legislative initiatives. Earlier this month, the congressional group released its first bipartisan effort — a “Make Government Work!” legislative package aimed at reducing government waste and inefficiency. Coming up in September, No Labels will host an international Ideas Summit to coincide with the United Nations General Assembly session in New York.

Thus, though our national political narrative is that we’re more divided than ever, a dispassionate second look suggests otherwise. We’re not so much divided as stuck. Running in mud. That’s not the swamp draining; it’s the muck of money, greed, self-interest and one-upmanship — Washington’s unique art of the deal.

We don’t have only Trump to thank. The ecosystem of media-generated conflict and America’s penchant for spectator sports has ensured a persistent game of warring factions — a perfect milieu for someone like Trump with his particular talents. He merely strolled to the lectern, called everybody else a loser, and plowed his way to the presidency on a whim and the most golden of promises — to make America great again.

We have work to do. There is hope. A trend seems to be taking shape if momentum can be nourished. What an irony if Trump’s presidency made America great again by inspiring people to get elected whose civilian lives have been circumscribed by the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom and truth, which is not, in fact, relative.

Trump would go down as one of the greatest unifying presidents in history — the sooner the better.

Another case of liberals believing their own delusions. As is shown with Obamacare the democrats are lock step lemmings, so yeah they are united, united in their love of the party line.

The PEOPLE were united on Nov 8 and sent a great f..k you to the establishment. Now it can be argued that the establishment is united to remove the opposite of their chosen candidate but that was only to be expected.

the PEOPLE spoke, enough of the establishment dictating what we should say or do, get on the train.

This is why i hate the duopoly. They are SO full of shit. But the population just buys their horseshit..
You have to be a COMPLETE MORON to think they give a fuck about you.

I didn't say they give a fuck about me personally, just that they represent my interests better than Republicans.

Their platform appeals to me more than the Republicans'.
What im trying to say is, the difference between rhetoric and action is HUGE. I mean "you" generally.

So let me get this straight:

I am supposed to abandon Dems because I don't agree with 100% of their actions.

Do you agree with everything the Republicans do, TN? Are you defecting? This is assuming you are a Repub voter. If you're not, correct me, please.

Education.

Oh, and what rights arent equal, exactly?

When gay people can't get married, and when transgenders can get fired for being transgender, things aren't equal.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal. Now you will say that they aren't citizens, they don't get equality. You are correct. But it sets a precedent of Muslim inequality here in the US.
So, equality to you, is one person having more rights than others? Why cant a person who owns a business hire/fire how he sees fit? Do you not believe in private property as well?
We have a muslim ban? :dunno:

How are gay people being able to marry getting "more rights"?

No private businesses can fire based on race, gender, orientation etc. But can still literally fire someone for being transgender. How is that an "extra right"?

Trump's admin has called it a Muslim ban.

Your question asking if I "believe" in private property is a throwaway attempt to distract. That said, the answer is I acknowledge private property, since I own some myself. But don't be an asshole, ok?
I didnt mention gay marriage. Gays can get married and i completely support that. I dont support institutional discrimination. Whether its about marriage, private property or anything. I do believe in people having the right to discriminate.
I know, im saying they should be able to. I fully support private property.
Link about the muslim ban?
Im not being an asshole. I am discussing policy.
How can you support private property when you want the govt tell you how to use/run it? Its contradictory. So much for "private" ey?

For all their flaws, the Democratic Party still represents my interests better than the GOP.

But they screwed over Bernie, and that definitely lost them some of my loyalty.
Analysis | A majority says the Democratic Party stands for nothing — except the only thing that matters in 2018

What are your interests? How do keep you satisfied?

Education.

They why do the Democrats promote Diversity, which is to divide, instead of being equal.
The reason why there is income disparity is because stupid people shouldn't be paid more than they are worth. Why else do pro athletes and movie stars make more than a burger flipper.
I never saw in the Constitution where healthcare was to be provided for all, even though anyone could walk into an emergency room and be taken care of. Liberal elites have fooled their constituents time and again, because of their stupidity.
Education.
Education is provided, but it has to be wanted for it to work. When you have liberals dumbing down American with Common Core, all you do is provide stupid liberal voters.
Al Jazeera Gore made millions and billions of dollars from stupid people like this, yet does the income disparity count for Al? No, liberals are too stupid, and allow Al his corruption, because Al is in for the fight. Such stupid people who vote Dumbocrat.

View attachment 139477

I like how you called me stupid, and you clearly don't understand Common Core.

And with that, good day.

So basically govt over reach and unconstitutional actions.
Yep, that about sums up the dem party :badgrin:

Yes, I adore government overreach over corporate overreach.

One of the few things the govt should do is keep corporations in line.
So what are you trying to say?

That they're doing a piss-poor job of it.
so they fail at something they are supposed to do and you want them to run 50% of our life? How does that even make sense?

I'm not asking anyone to "run" 50% of my life. Another distraction by TN.
healthcare education private property Thats a big portion of our life, rice. Its not a distraction, you just dont like it
"the govt cant do what they are supposed to do, so i want to give them power they dont even have. run things they shouldnt" << doesnt make sense.

For all their flaws, the Democratic Party still represents my interests better than the GOP.

But they screwed over Bernie, and that definitely lost them some of my loyalty.
Analysis | A majority says the Democratic Party stands for nothing — except the only thing that matters in 2018

What are your interests? How do keep you satisfied?

Education.

They why do the Democrats promote Diversity, which is to divide, instead of being equal.
The reason why there is income disparity is because stupid people shouldn't be paid more than they are worth. Why else do pro athletes and movie stars make more than a burger flipper.
I never saw in the Constitution where healthcare was to be provided for all, even though anyone could walk into an emergency room and be taken care of. Liberal elites have fooled their constituents time and again, because of their stupidity.
Education.
Education is provided, but it has to be wanted for it to work. When you have liberals dumbing down American with Common Core, all you do is provide stupid liberal voters.
Al Jazeera Gore made millions and billions of dollars from stupid people like this, yet does the income disparity count for Al? No, liberals are too stupid, and allow Al his corruption, because Al is in for the fight. Such stupid people who vote Dumbocrat.

View attachment 139477

I like how you called me stupid, and you clearly don't understand Common Core.

And with that, good day.
that guy is a retarded hack

Education.

When gay people can't get married, and when transgenders can get fired for being transgender, things aren't equal.

When our immigration policy is boiled down to religion (Muslim ban) things aren't equal. Now you will say that they aren't citizens, they don't get equality. You are correct. But it sets a precedent of Muslim inequality here in the US.
So, equality to you, is one person having more rights than others? Why cant a person who owns a business hire/fire how he sees fit? Do you not believe in private property as well?

No private businesses can fire based on race, gender, orientation etc. But can still literally fire someone for being transgender. How is that an "extra right"?

Your question asking if I "believe" in private property is a throwaway attempt to distract. That said, the answer is I acknowledge private property, since I own some myself. But don't be an asshole, ok?
I didnt mention gay marriage. Gays can get married and i completely support that. I dont support institutional discrimination. Whether its about marriage, private property or anything. I do believe in people having the right to discriminate.
How can you support private property when you want the govt tell you how to use/run it? Its contradictory. So much for "private" ey?

You are being an asshole with the private property question. What did I write that could have led you to think I might not believe in private property????

This is the part I liked, that and the part of science types getting involved politically. I hear so many bright, thoughtful people on CSPAN, on PBS, once in awhile on one of the "shows," talking about policy issues in real depth, with real understanding. But where are they? They are all behind the scenes writing books and lecturing and writing reports for think tanks, but apparently having very little impact on Congress. My point has nothing to do with Dem or Republican, actually. Thinkers, with No Labels, are what we need.

This is why i hate the duopoly. They are SO full of shit. But the population just buys their horseshit..
You have to be a COMPLETE MORON to think they give a fuck about you.

I didn't say they give a fuck about me personally, just that they represent my interests better than Republicans.

Their platform appeals to me more than the Republicans'.
What im trying to say is, the difference between rhetoric and action is HUGE. I mean "you" generally.

So let me get this straight:

I am supposed to abandon Dems because I don't agree with 100% of their actions.

Do you agree with everything the Republicans do, TN? Are you defecting? This is assuming you are a Repub voter. If you're not, correct me, please.
I didnt say that. I am just pointing out how they manipulate, lie and do opposite of what they say.
Fuck no. I hate the duopoly. The Republican and Democrat party is one of the biggest problems in our country.

You are being an asshole with the private property question. What did I write that could have led you to think I might not believe in private property????
I just answered that. How can you believe in private property when you also support the govts action of over reach? Power they shouldnt even have, dictating how you use/run your property? That doesnt make sense to me. Kinda takes the whole meaning out of "private"

This is the part I liked, that and the part of science types getting involved politically. I hear so many bright, thoughtful people on CSPAN, on PBS, once in awhile on one of the "shows," talking about policy issues in real depth, with real understanding. But where are they? They are all behind the scenes writing books and lecturing and writing reports for think tanks, but apparently having very little impact on Congress. My point has nothing to do with Dem or Republican, actually. Thinkers, with No Labels, are what we need.

Science is already political. Dont you know who Al Gore is? :D

• Jul 18, 2017

Only party worth backing anymore

200.gif

Oh well THANK GOD!!!!!!!!
It's ok that Obama and the Democrats enriched globalist corporations using OUR money...bailed out the very people who caused the collapse (no one went to jail).....but they passed transgender rights.....so yes, they are SO awesome!!!!!!!!

Why do you get so hysterical?

I wasn't thrilled with the bailout, either. But I'm not a one-issue voter.
Yeah...we have a government out of control, politicians ripping us off, a police state in the works, war and more war, a military industrial complex controlling foriegn policy, the rich getting amazing rich thanks to government connections and protection, a media controlled by six billionaire corporations, our rights being taken...etc...nothing to get hysterical about.

Forum List

Back