Salient points my mountainous rear end.

The beginning of the report essentially doesn't match the conclusion of the report.

Why were they so afraid to say political bias played a role in the investigation?

There were examples of it throughout.

The report is very clear on that point.

There is no question that agents involved were "biased" - in other words, they had political opinions of their won.

The report is clear that it found no evidence that that bias affected any decisions made in regards to the investigation.
Let me tell you why that's nonsense. Biases always influence decisions. You need only look to our supreme court for that. Look to our legislative branch for that. You can't honestly sit there and say that these people did their jobs objectively? Can you? Biases influence the very opinions people give on this board.

Political bias is pervasive. I will not sit here for one moment thinking political biases never played a role in the effectuation of that investigation.

I think you are on to something - can't trust those damn REPUBLICANS like Mueller and Rosenstein to investigate a REPUBLICAN campaign and President. How can they ever escape their bias?
You seem to think I'm a Republican. I'm not. This entire report disgusts me. Can you please not attribute things to me that aren't so?

I didn't say ANYTHING about you, get off the drugs.

I know inferences when I see them. So why mention Republicans in response to my post?

:lol:

This thread is about the IG report. Which you've been constantly trying to deflect from, or call into question.

So far, the only cogent point you've been able to make is "Strozk and Page were mean to Trump in text messages!".
Only in your liberal mind...........................but you are tainted..............why you see nothing............

Why you dodge threads when Berkley burns the place when a conservative might talk.............why you pretty much skate the issue of what the IRS did..............

You are useless..................

Weren't you just complaining that I was "diverting" the thread?
Look......all this I.G. report proves is Trump has been vindicated.
Trump fired Comey for the very reasons outlined in the I.G. report.
He did not fire him because he was trying to obstruct justice in the Russian investigation.
So the Mueller investigation is a total sham.
You idiots have been exposed once again.
But all you have to say about it is that the FBI wasn't being political.

What a farce.

You could make that argument, if it wasn't for the fact that Trump went on TV and stated that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation.

He kinda already blew up your spot with that one.
Nope.
The reason was clearly stated in his letter that Comey was fired at the recommendations from the AG and the Deputy AG. And it stated that the reason was he clearly wasn't effective in his job. He sighted public trust and confidence in law enforcement, which is essential to the FBI mission.

636299591542186242-AFP-AFP-O948F.jpg

The Russian investigation is a totally different bag of worms that hasn't been opened yet.
That will be coming later. The Hillary "matter" had been closed. And Comey handled it incompetently as stated in the I.G. report. The Russia investigation was still ongoing at the time Comey was fired.

yeah, that's why he said on national tv that he fired comey because of the russian investigation

it's also why he told the russians that firing comey took the pressure off

trumplings will believe anything

Neither Page nor Strozk were in a position to make any sort of major decision regarding the investigation. The report goes into that in detail.

I never mentioned anything about Strzok or Page. What caught my attention was on page 293 of the report. They found a ton of Hillary's e-mails on Weiner's laptop and from what I can tell, sat on them for over a month. The only conclusion I can get from that is that they intended to keep that hidden until after the election.

This is like a clock. One cog gets bent and the entire clock stops. You don't need the power to make a decision to influence the outcome.
if they intended to keep them hidden, announcing their existence 2 weeks before the election wouldn't seem to be their go-to move, would it?

Neither Page nor Strozk were in a position to make any sort of major decision regarding the investigation. The report goes into that in detail.

I never mentioned anything about Strzok or Page. What caught my attention was on page 293 of the report. They found a ton of Hillary's e-mails on Weiner's laptop and from what I can tell, sat on them for over a month. The only conclusion I can get from that is that they intended to keep that hidden until after the election.

This is like a clock. One cog gets bent and the entire clock stops. You don't need the power to make a decision to influence the outcome.
if they intended to keep them hidden, announcing their existence 2 weeks before the election wouldn't seem to be their go-to move, would it?

Unless they were pressured by the relevant field office in charge of that investigation to do so. They may not have had a choice. This looks like an effort to help Hillary backfired and helped Trump instead. Those pesky laws and regulations got in the way.

Unless they were pressured by the relevant field office in charge of that investigation to do so. They may not have had a choice.

um, yeah

<backs quietly out of thread, looking for chemtrails>

Unless they were pressured by the relevant field office in charge of that investigation to do so. They may not have had a choice.

um, yeah

<backs quietly out of thread, looking for chemtrails>

Wait, you're not gonna take your bong with you?

There is no question that agents involved were "biased" - in other words, they had political opinions of their won.

The report is clear that it found no evidence that that bias affected any decisions made in regards to the investigation.

The "report is clear," or CNN is clear in telling you what you think?

IF you had read the report, rather than letting the Goebbels of CNN tell you what to think, you would have discovered that the bias of Strzok and Page is utterly undeniable.

But not just those traitors;

{14:21:10, Agent 1: “You think HRC is gonna win right? You think we should get nails and some boards in case she doesnt”
14:21:56, Agent 5: “she better win… otherwise i’m gonna be walking around with both of my guns.”
14:22:05, Agent 5: “and likely quitting on the spot”
14:28:43, Agent 1: “You should know;…..”
14:28:45, Agent 1: “that”
14:28:50, Agent 1: “I’m…..”
14:28:56, Agent 1: “with her.”
14:28:58, Agent 1: “ooooooooooooooooooo”
14:29:02, Agent 1: “show me the money”
14:29:03, Agent 5: “<:eek:)”
14:29:14, Agent 5: “screw you trump”}

No bias?

{09:38:14, FBI Attorney 2: “I am numb.”
09:55:35, FBI Employee: “I can’t stop crying.”
10:00:13, FBI Attorney 2: “That makes me even more sad.”
10:43:20, FBI Employee: “Like, what happened?”
10:43:37, FBI Employee: “You promised me this wouldn’t happen. YOU PROMISED.”
10:43:43, FBI Employee: Okay, that might have been a lie…”
10:43:46, FBI Employee: “I’m very upset.”
10:43:47, FBI Employee: “haha”
10:51:48, FBI Attorney 2: “I am so stressed about what I could have done differently.
10:54:29, FBI Employee: “Don’t stress. None of that mattered.”
10:54:31, FBI Employee: “The FBI’s influence.”
10:59:36, FBI Attorney 2: “I don’t know. We broke the momentum.”
11:00:03, FBI Employee: “That is not so.”
11:02:22, FBI Employee: “All the people who were initially voting for her would not, and were not, swayed by any decision the FBI put out. Trump’s supporters are all poor to middle class, uneducated, lazy POS that think he will magically grant them jobs for doing nothing.They probably didn’t watch the debates, aren’t fully educated on his policies, and are stupidly wrapped up in his unmerited enthusiasm.”}

No bias?

{FBI Attorney 2 sent an instant message to FBI Attorney 1 commenting on the amount of money the subject of an FBI investigation had been paid while working on the Trump campaign. FBI Attorney 1 responded, “Is it making you rethink your commitment to the Trump administration?” FBI Attorney 2 replied, “Hell no.” and then added, “Viva le resistance.”}

No bias?

Lie much?

Not at all just deleted some of the words of Hateful FBI agents.....................

Now do you ever offer an opinion on those issues we address. or will you just sit and spin like normal..............

You know you do.........you don't address issues you don't like.......you divert........as I said before......you are a lawyer....probably a defense lawyer.........suits you.

This thread is about the IG report. Which you've been constantly trying to deflect from, or call into question.

So far, the only cogent point you've been able to make is "Strozk and Page were mean to Trump in text messages!".
Only in your liberal mind...........................but you are tainted..............why you see nothing............

Why you dodge threads when Berkley burns the place when a conservative might talk.............why you pretty much skate the issue of what the IRS did..............

No Moron, Trump, in HIS OWN WORDS, fired Comey for "THAT RUSSIA THING" and NOT anything to do with Comey screwing Clinton.

Look Moron.
Trump denied that was the reason.
He said that he had already decided to fire him. He asked for the AG's recommendations....and they agreed.

I just looked at the Lester Holt interview and the "That Russia Thing" was missing.
I wonder who suggested that, because it wasn't what Trump said in the interview?
So who suggested it?
NBC????

He did not fire him because he was trying to obstruct justice in the Russian investigation.

What a farce.

You could make that argument, if it wasn't for the fact that Trump went on TV and stated that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation.

Nope.
The reason was clearly stated in his letter that Comey was fired at the recommendations from the AG and the Deputy AG. And it stated that the reason was he clearly wasn't effective in his job. He sighted public trust and confidence in law enforcement, which is essential to the FBI mission.

636299591542186242-AFP-AFP-O948F.jpg

The Russian investigation is a totally different bag of worms that hasn't been opened yet.
That will be coming later. The Hillary "matter" had been closed. And Comey handled it incompetently as stated in the I.G. report. The Russia investigation was still ongoing at the time Comey was fired.

yeah, that's why he said on national tv that he fired comey because of the russian investigation

it's also why he told the russians that firing comey took the pressure off

trumplings will believe anything
Problem with that....the video NBC was using to prove that Trump said it....didn't have that line in it.
I wonder who said it?

It sure as shit wasn't Trump.

you said what you read in the report, did not agree with what the IG said in his summary, sooooo.... can you cut and paste a few of the parts of the full report, that supports your opinion.....? What did you read that makes you object to the IG's summary?
No not so...what I said is the IG was wrong about political bias...he says they found no evidence of it then goes on to giving all the evidence for it...read it! why am I the only one that read it?....read the damn thing and turn off CNN.....
So it's the section on Page and Strozk (sp?) that should read in full?

I just want to read the part that you make you claim about and not all 560 pages, so if you can narrow it down, that would be helpful....

Not at all just deleted some of the words of Hateful FBI agents.....................

Now do you ever offer an opinion on those issues we address. or will you just sit and spin like normal..............

You know you do.........you don't address issues you don't like.......you divert........as I said before......you are a lawyer....probably a defense lawyer.........suits you.

What a farce.

You know I had more questions about what was MISSING then printed as yes I HAVE read the report. The report states SOME FBI agents got gifts from news media for leaks. Which agents, What gifts and Which News outlets? No reason for that to be redacted. Golf memberships, Dinners and vacations.

WHO got and WHO paid?

Who is "they"?

Who did you think "sat" on the emails?

The "report is clear," or CNN is clear in telling you what you think?

IF you had read the report, rather than letting the Goebbels of CNN tell you what to think, you would have discovered that the bias of Strzok and Page is utterly undeniable.

But not just those traitors;

{14:21:10, Agent 1: “You think HRC is gonna win right? You think we should get nails and some boards in case she doesnt”
14:21:56, Agent 5: “she better win… otherwise i’m gonna be walking around with both of my guns.”
14:22:05, Agent 5: “and likely quitting on the spot”
14:28:43, Agent 1: “You should know;…..”
14:28:45, Agent 1: “that”
14:28:50, Agent 1: “I’m…..”
14:28:56, Agent 1: “with her.”
14:28:58, Agent 1: “ooooooooooooooooooo”
14:29:02, Agent 1: “show me the money”
14:29:03, Agent 5: “<:eek:)”
14:29:14, Agent 5: “screw you trump”}

No bias?

{09:38:14, FBI Attorney 2: “I am numb.”
09:55:35, FBI Employee: “I can’t stop crying.”
10:00:13, FBI Attorney 2: “That makes me even more sad.”
10:43:20, FBI Employee: “Like, what happened?”
10:43:37, FBI Employee: “You promised me this wouldn’t happen. YOU PROMISED.”
10:43:43, FBI Employee: Okay, that might have been a lie…”
10:43:46, FBI Employee: “I’m very upset.”
10:43:47, FBI Employee: “haha”
10:51:48, FBI Attorney 2: “I am so stressed about what I could have done differently.
10:54:29, FBI Employee: “Don’t stress. None of that mattered.”
10:54:31, FBI Employee: “The FBI’s influence.”
10:59:36, FBI Attorney 2: “I don’t know. We broke the momentum.”
11:00:03, FBI Employee: “That is not so.”
11:02:22, FBI Employee: “All the people who were initially voting for her would not, and were not, swayed by any decision the FBI put out. Trump’s supporters are all poor to middle class, uneducated, lazy POS that think he will magically grant them jobs for doing nothing.They probably didn’t watch the debates, aren’t fully educated on his policies, and are stupidly wrapped up in his unmerited enthusiasm.”}

No bias?

{FBI Attorney 2 sent an instant message to FBI Attorney 1 commenting on the amount of money the subject of an FBI investigation had been paid while working on the Trump campaign. FBI Attorney 1 responded, “Is it making you rethink your commitment to the Trump administration?” FBI Attorney 2 replied, “Hell no.” and then added, “Viva le resistance.”}

No bias?

Lie much?

I would suggest that you re-read my post, and if that doesn't work, take some reading comprehension classes.

Unless they were pressured by the relevant field office in charge of that investigation to do so. They may not have had a choice. This looks like an effort to help Hillary backfired and helped Trump instead. Those pesky laws and regulations got in the way.

How does it "look" like that?

What "laws and regulations" are you referring to?

In undertaking our analysis, our task was made significantly more difficult because of text and instant messages exchanged on FBI devices and systems by five FBI employees involved in the Mid year investigation. These messages reflected political opinions in support of former Secretary Clinton and against her then political opponent, Donald Trump.Some of these text messages and instant messages mixed political commentary with discussions about the Mid year investigation, and raised concerns that political bias may have impacted investigative decisions.In particular, we were concerned about text messages exchanged by FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, Special Counsel to the Deputy Director, that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper considerations. As we describe in Chapter Twelve of our report, most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, which was not a part of this review. Nonetheless, the suggestion in certain Russia-related text messages in August 2016 that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact presidential candidate Trump’s electoral prospects caused us to question the earlier Midyear investigative decisions in which Strzok was involved, and whether he took specificactions in the Midyear investigation based on his political views. As we describe Chapter Five of our report, we found that Strzok was not the sole decision maker for any of the specific Midyear investigative decisions we examined in that chapter.We further found evidence that in some instances Strzok and Page advocated for more aggressive investigative measures in the Midyear investigation."

Political Bias drove not only the Hillary exoneration but the Trump aggressiveness in investigation.... Damn....

We analyzed the Department’s declination decision according to the same analytical standard that we applied to other decisions made during the investigation. We did not substitute the OIG’s judgment for the judgments made by the Department, but rather sought to determine whether the decision was based on improper considerations, including political bias. We found no evidence that the conclusions by the prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations; rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors’ assessment of the facts, the law, and past Department practice.

giphy (3).gif

OK. I've been hearing that this report would be what finally gets Hillary locked up. Are they on the way to pick her up now?
Dumb...:aug08_031:

Yes. This report getting Hillary locked up has been a dumb claim all along.
Probably not going to get her. She destroyed evidence. Scrubbed server...smashed cell phones. She’s a bitch.

So, not any day now?
Nope, she will not be arrested in her home that is far,far, away from the Oval Office...and we can thank God for that geographic fact.

Forum List

Back