IL bans self service gas?

Hasnt been passed yet but yeah Illinois residents are too stupid to figure out how to pump gas and just too dangerous.
Everyone Should Demand These Companies Hire Employees
It's Time We Stopped Working For Conglomerates For Free With-Out Benefits !!
I Refuse To Use Self Check-Outs In Stores For The Same Reason
We Are Eliminating Good Jobs For Our Fellow Citizens

They Are Creating Profits, Dividends, And Potential Jobs
But You Are Helping Them Cut Their Need For Paid Labor

And You're Doing Their Work For Free
Meh.
Based on the level of skill most display at the Wal-mart cashiers. I will use self checkout so I can quickly leave store. I hate waiting and prefer to bag things myself in a fashion so I can unpack my goods in a manner that makes sense when I get home.
They just throw everything all mixed up and waste more bags.
Wife is now actually using pick up from online ordering for our groceries. Still takes workers to fill orders and load cars. Just a shift of labor.
The bank still has tellers despite atm's and encourages those with simple deposits to use the atm so tellers can concentrate on more complicated banking transactions.

No reason to make a small mom and pop gas station add to labor cost as most gas stations are actually just a franchise of the larger corporation.

Harmful Outcome of Occupational Exposure to Petrol: Assessment of Liver Function and Blood Parameters among Gas Station Workers in Kermanshah City, Iran

Exposure to petrol is known to contribute to neurological, inhalation, and teratogenic disorders.[3,5] Some people are at higher risk of exposure to gasoline vapors including those working in gas station, truck drivers, and refinery workers.[3]

Gas station is identified to play important roles in occupational exposures.[6] In fact, chronic exposure to petroleum due to inhalation of aromatic hydrocarbons seems to be a significant contributing factor to such problems.[7] Kerosene and petrol are distilled from crude petroleum including aliphatic, aromatic, and a variety of other branched, both saturated and unsaturated, hydrocarbons.[4] Occupational disease due to exposure to petrol in gas station workers is known as one of the worldwide health issue and its fatal and nonfatal incidents are rising constantly in both developing and developed countries.[5] Based on the Nancy's report, urinary toluene was found to be a useful biomarker for toluene exposure. In addition to the Tanasorn's results, gasoline workers have high chances of cancer risk from daily exposure to benzene and formaldehyde.[8]

toomuchtime_ said:
What is the argument in favor of banning self service pumps?
What Is The Argument In Favor Of Out-Sourcing American Jobs Over-Seas ??
Same Principle, Same Effect

But Here's The Argument For Self-Service Anything:
"If We Don't Suck The Shit Straight Out Of Their Ass, They'll RAISE PRICES !!
"So Please, Mahstah
Let Po' Share-Cropper Do The Work With-Out Pay Or Benefits"

Last edited:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...nts_A_study_of_fuel_service_stations_in_Ghana

The only study conducted on safety issues
FSS in Ghana suggested that inadequate provision of
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to pump attendants
leads to exposure to harmful fuel fumes.

I seem to remember States going away from Full Service Stations because of Chronic exposure to gas fumes.........................We only pump gas occasionally...........so we get VERY LIMITED EXPOSURE............Someone who pumps gas all day long will get Chronic Exposure to the fumes.........Unless they start wearing Respirators................Organic Vapors........

The SWORD cuts both ways folks......

toomuchtime_ said:
What is the argument in favor of banning self service pumps?
What Is The Argument In Favor Of Sending American Jobs Over-Seas ??
Same Principle, Same Effect

But Here's The Argument For Self-Service Anything:
"If We Don't Suck The Shit Straight Out Of Their Ass, They'll RAISE PRICES !!
"So Please, Mahstah
Let Po' Share-Cropper Do The Work With-Out Pay Or Benefits"

I look at it differently, anything I can do for myself is a point of positivity.

I was telling my dentist, I only go to him because I don't know how to drill my own teeth

Polishprince said:
I look at it differently, anything I can do for myself is a point of positivity.

I was telling my dentist, I only go to him because I don't know how to drill my own teeth
I Said Before
You Make That Call Only For Yourself

It Is Not Your Call
To Declare What Is Or Isn't A Good Job For Someone Else
#60 IL bans self service gas?

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did

What's so fantastic about it?
They found a way to employ the lowest IQ of their population. That deserves a kudos.

I think you may have just stumbled on and hit the nail on the head.
They're looking for a place for all of the soon to be unemployed democratic politicians to work and it had to be something really simple that doesn't take much in the way of smarts to pull off.
That's it!

Oregon has had no self service gas stations...like for ever. If you go to pump your own by habit
they get really pissed off at you.
I Bought Gas In Oregon
Was Like A Return To Service Stations
They Even Had A Repair Garage

We leased Penske trucks and they have their own fuel stations you can use. It's full serve all the time. It took me back quite a few years, but when the wind is blowing and the snow is slamming the side of the truck, I just sit there in my nice warm cab feeling bad for the attendant.

I think if full service ever came back, I might use it depending on the price difference.

Why would anybody in their right mind want to pump gas if they didn’t have to?

Best thing we ever did
Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen!

It’s been years since I stopped for gas in NJ because of that nonsense.
Your loss

I’ll sit in my car, you run around in the rain and cold
And when the gas attendant gets chronic lung disease from pumping gas all day..............you'll say what..........should have gotten a better job........OH WELL........

\We don't get hardly any exposure.......the gas attendants will............because they will be doing it all day.........

Do you want them to use the PROPER PPE then.....and wear Respirators all day due to long term exposure........

hmmm

CWayne said:
They found a way to employ the lowest IQ of their population. That deserves a kudos.
For People That Can't Rise Above That Level
They Need Those Jobs Even More
With It Comes The Self-Respect
Even For Stupid Little Nobodies Of Honest Work
And Providing For Themselves To The Best Of Their Humble Abilities

You Snobs

Best thing we ever did
Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen!

It’s been years since I stopped for gas in NJ because of that nonsense.
Your loss

I’ll sit in my car, you run around in the rain and cold
And when the gas attendant gets chronic lung disease from pumping gas all day..............you'll say what..........should have gotten a better job........OH WELL........

\We don't get hardly any exposure.......the gas attendants will............because they will be doing it all day.........

Do you want them to use the PROPER PPE then.....and wear Respirators all day due to long term exposure........

hmmm

You demodumbass clowns sure do reach a long way to grasp at straws. LOL

Forum List

Back