IL bans self service gas?

I live in NJ and we ban self serve

Best thing we ever did
Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen!

It’s been years since I stopped for gas in NJ because of that nonsense.
Your loss

I’ll sit in my car, you run around in the rain and cold
And when the gas attendant gets chronic lung disease from pumping gas all day..............you'll say what..........should have gotten a better job........OH WELL........

\We don't get hardly any exposure.......the gas attendants will............because they will be doing it all day.........

Do you want them to use the PROPER PPE then.....and wear Respirators all day due to long term exposure........

hmmm

You demodumbass clowns sure do reach a long way to grasp at straws. LOL
I'm not a Dem.............Work in a Refinery.........for a long time...

So I repeat my question on Full Service.............Is there LONG TERM CHRONIC problems to pumping gas all day long..........

Why is that question so difficult for you...........hmmm

Why would anybody in their right mind want to pump gas if they didn’t have to?

To save money. That's how self serve got started in the first place.
Back When Gas Was 35 Cents A Gallon
What's It Now, After We've Been Made To Pump It Ourselves For 45yrs

Gas Lines.jpg

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

Yeah, one of the reasons I hate driving through Jersey. No self service....anywhere. I always cringe a bit when I have to hand that credit card to the attendant.

Gasoline Fact Sheet

What are the health effects of gasoline exposure?
Many adverse health effects of gasoline are due to individual chemicals in gasoline, mainly BTEX, that are present in small amounts. Breathing small amounts of gasoline vapors can lead to nose and throat irritation, headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion and breathing difficulties. Symptoms from swallowing small amounts of gasoline include mouth, throat and stomach irritation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and headaches. Some effects of skin contact with gasoline include rashes, redness and swelling. Being exposed to large amounts of gasoline can lead to coma or death.

The health effects of being exposed to gasoline over long periods of time are not well known. This is because people exposed to gasoline are usually exposed to many other things that also can cause health effects. Some workers who are exposed to gasoline every day in their jobs have suffered memory loss and decreased muscle function. At very high levels, some of the chemicals in gasoline, such as benzene, are known to cause cancer. Current evidence, however, does not show that exposure to low levels of gasoline causes cancer in humans.

Does inhaling gasoline fumes hurt us? | SiOWfa14 Science in Our World: Certainty and Cont

Over years of inhaling gasoline at a abnormal rate people will experience lung problems, organ failure or damage, pressure on the heart , permanent nerve damage, exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide and possibly brain damage. The high levels of hydrocarbon components that make gasoline dangerous are being inhaled and cause irreversible damage to the body. Inhaling gasoline for a long period of time and at larger amounts could also lead to death. Those toxins are not good for our body and should be avoided at all costs. That is why people die from staying in a inclosed place with their car running , the gas has harmful effects on our body. The safest way to not be affected by the substance is to not purposely sniff it and to stay away from heavily gaseous areas like near exhaust pipes or in a enclosed place with engine running. The occasional gas pump will not cause extremely harmful effect to the human body so don’t worry.

We are in that highlighted area as we don't pump it very often.........A Gas Station attendant is NOT IN THE SAME SITUATION.........

Back in the day, when America was great, people didn’t pump their own gas.

I saw this on Bulls and bears yesterday so, I was looking for the threads about this stunt but I haven't found one yet

Yeah, one of the reasons I hate driving through Jersey. No self service....anywhere. I always cringe a bit when I have to hand that credit card to the attendant.

Yeah, the new scheme today is take your cell phone and snap a picture of both sides of that credit card. A couple of months ago some Burger King employee was caught doing that at the drive-thru window and got busted.

Why would anybody in their right mind want to pump gas if they didn’t have to?

To save money. That's how self serve got started in the first place.
Back When Gas Was 35 Cents A Gallon
What's It Now, After We've Been Made To Pump It Ourselves For 45yrs

View attachment 306706

They did studies between gasoline (back then) and compared them to other products that we use today. Believe it or not, they found that gasoline had one of the slowest growth in prices.

Years ago they had three or four blends of gasoline. Today with all the pollution BS, it costs much more to refine gasoline. The more you take out of oil, the less gallons of gasoline you get per barrel.

Ray From Cleveland said:
They did studies between gasoline (back then) and compared them to other products that we use today. Believe it or not, they found that gasoline had one of the slowest growth in prices.

Years ago they had three or four blends of gasoline. Today with all the pollution BS, it costs much more to refine gasoline. The more you take out of oil, the less gallons of gasoline you get per barrel.
Plus They're Forcing 'Bio' (Ethanol)
Making The Fuel Less Efficient And More Corrosive Than Ever

Ray From Cleveland said:

Which all that did was increase our grocery bill. Ethanol was and is a scam. What did they think would happen when we burn up our own food supply?

Back in the day, when America was great, people didn’t pump their own gas.

I worked in a gas station in 1970 part time while going to college.

I made $1.25 /hr.

Not exactly the best job in world the but helped me get through college debt free.

This stupid thing in Illinois will cause the price of gas to increase .50 cents a gallon. Dumbest thing anybody could think to do. But of course Illinois is run by Democrats and they are not exactly the best and brightest. Democrats always screw up everything they touch.

Ray From Cleveland said:

Oh that's a twofer for the asshole pandering political assholes.
It makes the eviro whacks happy and it provides a way to get rid of a lot of the subsidized corn we don't need so the farmers are happy too.

Ray From Cleveland said:

Oh that's a twofer for the asshole pandering political assholes.
It makes the eviro whacks happy and it provides a way to get rid of a lot of the subsidized corn we don't need so the farmers are happy too.

But they didn't know that making ethanol was worse for the environment than just using gasoline? It was all a scam. They knew it all along.

When ethanol was first introduced, I was trading commodities. My broker advised me to put my money into ethanol. I did some research on it and didn't like what I found. Boy was that a mistake. I could have made a ton of money on it.

Oregon has had no self service gas stations...like for ever. If you go to pump your own by habit
they get really pissed off at you.
Used to be so..now a few counties allow self-service..as of 2 years ago.

Oregonians Aren't Pumped About New Law Allowing Self-Service Gas Stations

"Many Oregonians were outraged this week when a new law took effect allowing motorists in rural counties to pump their own gas, representing a shift in the state's decades-long history of requiring an attendant to pump gas for drivers.

As of Jan. 1, gas stations in counties with a population of less than 40,000 are permitted to offer self-service. While the change in the law is expected to affect a small number of people, Oregonians took to social media to express their discontent – and were subsequently mocked by residents of the other 48 states that allow self-service. New Jersey is the only other state that prohibits drivers from pumping their own gas.

It makes sense for these rural counties to allow self-service because there are so few motorists on the road, especially at night, Lizzy Acker, a reporter for The Oregonian, tells Here & Now's Meghna Chakrabarti.

"We're talking about really rural counties," she says. "If you live in one of these places, it doesn't make sense to have someone working at a gas station all night when there might not be anyone showing up."

Since 1951, Oregon law has required all gas stations to have attendants; but for the past two years, stations in certain rural counties have been permitted to offer self-service from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m."

Who cares if a state has self service or not? Makes no difference to me. If someone wants to pump my gas so be it.

Oregon has had no self service gas stations...like for ever. If you go to pump your own by habit
they get really pissed off at you.
Used to be so..now a few counties allow self-service..as of 2 years ago.

Oregonians Aren't Pumped About New Law Allowing Self-Service Gas Stations

"Many Oregonians were outraged this week when a new law took effect allowing motorists in rural counties to pump their own gas, representing a shift in the state's decades-long history of requiring an attendant to pump gas for drivers.

As of Jan. 1, gas stations in counties with a population of less than 40,000 are permitted to offer self-service. While the change in the law is expected to affect a small number of people, Oregonians took to social media to express their discontent – and were subsequently mocked by residents of the other 48 states that allow self-service. New Jersey is the only other state that prohibits drivers from pumping their own gas.

It makes sense for these rural counties to allow self-service because there are so few motorists on the road, especially at night, Lizzy Acker, a reporter for The Oregonian, tells Here & Now's Meghna Chakrabarti.

"We're talking about really rural counties," she says. "If you live in one of these places, it doesn't make sense to have someone working at a gas station all night when there might not be anyone showing up."

Since 1951, Oregon law has required all gas stations to have attendants; but for the past two years, stations in certain rural counties have been permitted to offer self-service from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m."
Makes sense. Why should a small station run by a small business owner, man a pump in the middle of night that is essentially easy to operate by the customer with the swipe of a credit card.
I remember years ago my parents worried about getting gas from the rural part of state driving home to cities late and hoping to catch gas station before it closed.
Now late night, 24 hour pumps, no need to keep entire station open all night.

Forum List

Back