I'll be doing more of this

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Liberals and Conservatives clean up their own backyards? Neither side wants to do it. Both are blind to their own faults. Attack! attack! attack! The winner is the side with the best spin doctors, the side that can sling the most mud, the side with the most verbal "zingers" Who cares about policy and solving problems "a more perfect union"?? Fu-k That!! Destroy the other side. :finger3: Don't ever think for yourself - your TV news show will tell you what to be angry about...and if you want a friend, get a dog!

Last night, the TV and computer stayed off, sat at my desk for 2 hours working through a chess tactics book. No angry noise, no childish name calling, no TV talking heads; just me, a cup of Earl Grey, the chess pieces, 64 squares, and some blessed silence. Woke up happier today. I'll be doing more of this from now on....

Last edited:
For you it's chess, for me it's writing music and watching sports. I fully agree that the less you watch the "news" the better off you will be. I mean let's get real, we have no "news". We have biased political spew thrown at the screen 24/7.

Liberals and Conservatives clean up their own backyards? Neither side wants to do it. Both are blind to their own faults. Attack! attack! attack! The winner is the side with the best spin doctors, the side that can sling the most mud, the side with the most verbal "zingers" Who cares about policy and solving problems "a more perfect union"?? Fu-k That!! Destroy the other side. :finger3: Don't ever think for yourself - your TV news show will tell you what to be angry about...and if you want a friend, get a dog!

Last night, the TV and computer stayed off, sat at my desk for 2 hours working through a chess tactics book. No angry noise, no childish name calling, no TV talking heads; just me, a cup of Earl Grey, the chess pieces, 64 squares, and some blessed silence. Woke up happier today. I'll be doing more of this from now on....
Actually, what you apparently mean by liberals are leftist swine, they're wrong about everything. They must be defeated.

Good for you. News channels are there to cause emotional reactions, that is all. Reading a book or being with family is much better for you then hearing some talking head on television talk about how America is in ruins

Liberals and Conservatives clean up their own backyards?
It's very telling when you see peoples' back yards and then look up their voter registration.

Damn near every scuzball is registered as a Democrat.

I won't even rent to a Democrat unless I plan on screwing them out of their life savings.

Last edited:
Good for you. News channels are there to cause emotional reactions, that is all. Reading a book or being with family is much better for you then hearing some talking head on television talk about how America is in ruins

So, I haven't watched television since the nineties, but the other day I watched clips of some of the political ads they're running these days. They are absolutely bonkers - like ads for b-grade horror movies or something.

Forum List

Back