I'll never fly American Airlines again!

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Check this out. American Eagle has a pilot training program in partnership with the US Aviation Academy. They recruit pilot trainees, bring them onboard and promise a job when the training is finished.

US Flight Academy Partner Regional Airline Pipeline Program | 866-383-2400 | US Aviation Academy | 4850 Spartan Drive, Denton, TX 76207

Ok, great you say, right? Not necessarily. Here's a blurb from the local paper about US Aviation Academy graduating it's first class:

"DENISON, TX-- The US Aviation Academy held their first annual graduation at the North Texas Regional Airport Wednesday afternoon, where leaders made a big announcement for the program.

The Aviation Academy is partnering with American Eagle Airlines, a branch of American Airlines. The partnership brings more opportunities to instructors within the program, as well as new opportunities to the Airport. Right now, the program is specifically designed for students who come from China, but the Aviation Academy says they hope to expand that student base to other countries as well as domestic students..."

Local Aviation School Announces Expansion - KTEN.com - No One Gets You Closer

Hey, American Airlines! Gotta problem with American pilots? What? They won't work as cheaply as Chinese? Tough. The last thing we need to do is be training Chinese pilots for American jobs.

You've damn sure lost MY business.

That is weird beyond belief: there MUST be more to that story!

I wonder if China is actually fronting the money, so as to get training for citizens they want to come back and fly planes there?

I agree, though, it doesn't sound safe to me, either. Should there be war.........

It looks like their first class happened to be Chinese, but the agreement with American Eagle happened at that class' graduation. More to the story:

The flight school announced the deal with American Eagle during the graduation ceremony of its first class to complete training at NTRA. The 15 graduating pilots celebrated 12 months of work to complete their training. The group of students, all from China, will return to jobs with a Chinese airliner.

U.S. Aviation Academy announces agreement with American Eagle | Herald Democrat

Since the point of the American Eagle agreement is to help comply with new FAA rules, training non-US citizens or at least those without a green card would seem to make little sense.

That is weird beyond belief: there MUST be more to that story!

I wonder if China is actually fronting the money, so as to get training for citizens they want to come back and fly planes there?

I agree, though, it doesn't sound safe to me, either. Should there be war.........

I intend to find out if any AMERICAN GOVERNMENT money is involved in this. It wouldn't surprise me if either the school or AE has access to government job-training programs.

It looks like their first class happened to be Chinese, but the agreement with American Eagle happened at that class' graduation. More to the story:

The flight school announced the deal with American Eagle during the graduation ceremony of its first class to complete training at NTRA. The 15 graduating pilots celebrated 12 months of work to complete their training. The group of students, all from China, will return to jobs with a Chinese airliner.

U.S. Aviation Academy announces agreement with American Eagle | Herald Democrat

Since the point of the American Eagle agreement is to help comply with new FAA rules, training non-US citizens or at least those without a green card would seem to make little sense.

Apparently, the program allows AE pilots to qualify for the right hand seat by working both for the airlines and for the school as an instructor.

However, I noted on the linked website that candidates for this position must be legally able to work in the United States and be able to read, speak and understand English. That does NOT exclude foreign pilots being hired and trained by AE at a time when millions of American's are out of work.

Why you upset OldGuy? You support Free Trade Agreements right? You upset that Yellow People are coming here and taking advantage of schooling that fat, lazy American kids won't?

Remember this OldGuy: This is what you fought in Vietnam for.

I work with a guy who has an ATP Cert. He left the Airlines because they don't pay enough. He gets offers every once in a while for 2 or 3 month jobs but he never accepts. He says he'll probably never go back to the Airlines.

Check this out. American Eagle has a pilot training program in partnership with the US Aviation Academy. They recruit pilot trainees, bring them onboard and promise a job when the training is finished.

US Flight Academy Partner Regional Airline Pipeline Program | 866-383-2400 | US Aviation Academy | 4850 Spartan Drive, Denton, TX 76207

Ok, great you say, right? Not necessarily. Here's a blurb from the local paper about US Aviation Academy graduating it's first class:

"DENISON, TX-- The US Aviation Academy held their first annual graduation at the North Texas Regional Airport Wednesday afternoon, where leaders made a big announcement for the program.

The Aviation Academy is partnering with American Eagle Airlines, a branch of American Airlines. The partnership brings more opportunities to instructors within the program, as well as new opportunities to the Airport. Right now, the program is specifically designed for students who come from China, but the Aviation Academy says they hope to expand that student base to other countries as well as domestic students..."

Hey, American Airlines! Gotta problem with American pilots? What? They won't work as cheaply as Chinese? Tough. The last thing we need to do is be training Chinese pilots for American jobs.

Oh gosh..really?

:evil:

Taliban and al Qaeda pilots fly for real cheap. Janet Napolitano wil bring them here, even provide them with welfare checks while they're learning to fly. Remember that foreign airline pilot who pushed the nose over and flew the plane straight down into the ocean somewhere off of Nova Scotia a few years back, before 9/11 chanting "Allhu akhbar" all the way down. Everybody was all shocked and bent out of shape when that was the suggested cause of the incident? "No it can't be".
After the tail markings of a few AA planes are spotted sticking out of the sides of a few buildings some shyster lawyer will convince a jury that AA's hiring practices really weren't in the best interest of the flying public and contributed to the public littering. But you know, that's what corporations have insurance companies for, to pay for little slips and falls like that.

You want a Global economy, or you don't want a Global economy? Make up your minds...

Taliban and al Qaeda pilots fly for real cheap. Janet Napolitano wil bring them here, even provide them with welfare checks while they're learning to fly. Remember that foreign airline pilot who pushed the nose over and flew the plane straight down into the ocean somewhere off of Nova Scotia a few years back, before 9/11 chanting "Allhu akhbar" all the way down. Everybody was all shocked and bent out of shape when that was the suggested cause of the incident? "No it can't be".
After the tail markings of a few AA planes are spotted sticking out of the sides of a few buildings some shyster lawyer will convince a jury that AA's hiring practices really weren't in the best interest of the flying public and contributed to the public littering. But you know, that's what corporations have insurance companies for, to pay for little slips and falls like that.

9/11 happened on Bush's watch before the DHS and after the Conservatives blocked new regulations on airport security.

9/11 happened on Bush's watch before the DHS and after the Conservatives blocked new regulations on airport security.

It was the Clinton administration that stopped intel sharing between agencies there hero, let's make sure we give credit where it is due.

You jumped the gun. Those Chinese students are not taking American jobs. They are going back to China to fly. And the school is planning on training domestic students.

Does this change your opinion about flying American Airlines?

Forum List

Back