Illegal to pay for sex in France

It is France, making sense is optional, actually more or less discouraged. As I understood it, prostitution is legal and paying for it is now illegal.

The only sense I can make of it is you're suppose to slide your debt card through the slot...?

It is France, making sense is optional, actually more or less discouraged. As I understood it, prostitution is legal and paying for it is now illegal.

I know!...so the guy gets arrested...well it only requires him to go to a class :lmao:...but the girl can keep right on soliciting. Hilarious.

Hey the Johns need to organize a union. Then the French will have no choice but to repeal the law...probably help fund the union with taxpayer money.

So by definition, isn't that saying prostitution has just been made illegal? Do we still call it prostitution if it's free? That's just Saturday night, isn't it?

You know, I've been to France, as well as Spain and Italy during the 80's and 90's while I was in the Navy, and all of those countries had legalized prostitution. And, to tell you the truth, it was kind of an interesting experience to visit those places. When you walked in, girls would come up to you while you had a drink at the bar, they would discuss business for about 2 min, and then, after the negotiation was agreed to, she sat there and talked to you like you'd just met at the bar, and when you were done with your drink, she'd take you upstairs to the rooms.

Once in the room, she would show you her permit, which also showed the last time she had a health exam, and if you didn't like what it said, or if it appeared to be out of date, you could refuse to continue. If you read the health card and were satisfied with it, then she would wash you down and put a condom on you.

Business would then occur and be concluded, she would scrub you down again, you got dressed and left.

If they make it illegal for those places to operate, I fear that the control and the safety (from regular health inspections), would evaporate and there would be a large increase in the amount of STD's.

Leave it legal.

Matter of fact, if they regulated and taxed prostitution over here like they do over there, there would be a lot less trafficking of women, prostitutes would have legal recourse to go after those who steal from them or beat them up, and the government could get more tax revenue.

Oh this is funny...they don't confiscate the money either.
Sooo...the guy gets arrested, has to attend classes or go to jail...and the hooker just keeps right on soliciting.
You can't make this sh*t up.

Theoretically paying for it has always been illegal:

Solicitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's the other issue known as "Kerb Crawling" which is illegal....I don't know what you call "Kerb Crawling" in America, but the below link explains what it is:

Kerb crawler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting that Kerb crawling didn't become illegal until 2001.

Is the whole world getting a bit more repressed about things like sex?

Yes it is interesting that Kerb Crawling was only made illegal in 2001.

Personally I'm for making Street Prostitution illegal and instead having Legalised Brothels. This gets the girls off the streets, walking the streets and getting into strangers cars involves a variety of risks, one being the man could be a psycho.

Also Legalised Brothels would ensure not only that the girls are safe, but also would have frequent health checks.

Personally I'm for making Street Prostitution illegal and instead having Legalised Brothels. This gets the girls off the streets, walking the streets and getting into strangers cars involves a variety of risks, one being the man could be a psycho.

Also Legalised Brothels would ensure not only that the girls are safe, but also would have frequent health checks.

Like I said, when I was in the military I visited legal brothels in many countries.

And yeah, the environment was safe (especially in Catania Sicily, because the police patrolled the red light district), and the women were checked on a regular basis, because all of them had their permits on their mirrors in their rooms.

Prostitution isn't a "sin", it's a way for people to make a living if they want. Prostitutes have been with us since the beginning of time. Legalize it already.

Like I said, when I was in the military I visited legal brothels in many countries.

And yeah, the environment was safe (especially in Catania Sicily, because the police patrolled the red light district), and the women were checked on a regular basis, because all of them had their permits on their mirrors in their rooms.

Prostitution isn't a "sin", it's a way for people to make a living if they want. Prostitutes have been with us since the beginning of time. Legalize it already.

I agree, I have nothing against Prostitution per se and it's referred to as "The World's Oldest Profession" for a reason. Legalised Brothels should be in every nation, also if you legalise everything, they have to pay tax on it, so the Government gets some money from it, and if the Madame's who own the Brothels wanted to they could even float them on the Stock Market etc.

Yeah..................but unfortunately, prostitution will never be legalized. Too many religious people out there who think it's a sin.

And.............adultery isn't so much about sex as it is about taking the love that your significant other gives you and then giving that love to someone else without your SO knowing about it.

I'd be more upset about my SO having coffee every Wed. with someone else and discussing her dreams and hopes and fears with them when she never discusses them with me than if she had a quick roll in the hay with someone she never saw again.

But then again, sex and love aren't the same thing to me.

Forum List

Back