🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois Gun Sale Background Checks Expanded To All Purchases In Bill Signed By Gover

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Illinois Gun Sale Background Checks Expanded To All Purchases In Bill Signed By Governor

The more we can make seller criminally liable for not doing their due diligence -- the better.

CHICAGO, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Illinois Governor Pat Quinn signed a gun-control measure into law on Sunday that expands background checks to cover all firearms purchases in the state, closing what he said was a loophole that exempted gun sales between private parties.

The new law also requires all gun owners to report any lost or stolen firearms to local police within 72 hours.

This will slow down traffickers in state -- but it does nothing to stop the criminally negligent states like Indiana and Mississippi who have the worst gun safety laws in the nation.

I expect that the law passed will be soon be in courts.

Illinois had to be ordered by the courts to write the law, so they wrote a bad law.

I won't reply with anything of substance until Hazel starts a third thread about the same law...

Only one more to go, Hazel...

I'm a resident of Illinois, and his gun control crap is just that! He's personally a nice guy, but otherwise he's a biased ignoramus!

I'm sure the murder rate in Chicago will plummet as a result of this legislation.

No doubt. I'm a county just west off Cook, the clicks on off were audible.

Not. The problems with Chicago rates has 0 to do with legislation, everything to do with how the city polices and enforces.

Forum List

Back