Illinois politician Tom Cullerton arrested...hard to find out what party in the news coverage...

So your whine is that it wasn't in the first paragraph?

Frankly, these are kind of bullshit charges.... The guy has done really great work in our district.

I don't care what party he is for, I don't care if he did a bang up job for his state, city or even his block. If the accusations are true then run him through the court system and then directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00.

Corruption in Chicago politics?

No fucking way.

Next thing you’ll be telling me that Don Lemon is gay.

So your whine is that it wasn't in the first paragraph?

Frankly, these are kind of bullshit charges.... The guy has done really great work in our district.
Why do you lefties always support criminals and hate cops?

If the paper didn't identify this man as republican in the first paragraph it's a lead pipe cinch this politician is a democrat.
The media and the democrats have a symbiotic relationship like the plover bird and crocodile.
One lives off and in turn is serviced by the other.

I’m sure it’s nothing.

Indictments are handed out all the time. I’m sure it’s all a big misunderstanding.

I don't care what party he is for, I don't care if he did a bang up job for his state, city or even his block. If the accusations are true then run him through the court system and then directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00.

Do you actually know what the charges are?

The gist of it is that he collected a paycheck from the Teamsters where he had worked for years before becoming a state rep, for still doing organizing work for them. Most state legislators in IL have side businesses and other jobs...

The main witness against him is a corrupt Teamsters boss who was caught extorting a film studio.... He'd rat out his mother to get less time.

This is really no different than the case in NC in the last few years where two District Attorneys each "employed" the wife of the other one on their staffs. No-show jobs are a common form of embezzlement that are very hard to detect without a whistleblower.

This is really no different than the case in NC in the last few years where two District Attorneys each "employed" the wife of the other one on their staffs. No-show jobs are a common form of embezzlement that are very hard to detect without a whistleblower.

Then you should pass a hard and fast rule that if you serve in a public position, you can't hold down any other job.

Maybe if these guys realized how tough it is to make ends meet on one salary, they'd stop passing so many stupid laws allowing the rich to screw working people.

Then you should pass a hard and fast rule that if you serve in a public position, you can't hold down any other job.

Maybe if these guys realized how tough it is to make ends meet on one salary, they'd stop passing so many stupid laws allowing the rich to screw working people.

There is no need to pass such a law based on this. There is no reason he couldn't hve another job, but having a job requires that you show up and actually work. Apparently, he never really bothered to work despite drawing salary and benefits of a full time employee. That is embezzlement. Hell we had a bunch of city workers convicted locally of embezzlement just for buying stuff using the city discounted rates even though they were actually paying for it themselves because they were deemed to be stealing.

In the local news it is hard to find which party this corrupt politician belongs to......listening to the local news coverage they never mention he is a democrat.....

His party affiliation isn't mentioned in this story till paragraph 3......

State Sen. Tom Cullerton Indicted on Embezzlement Charges
And in other news....CA 50th District Representative Duncan Hunter was re-elected in 2018 even tho he was indicted and is facing trial on misuse of re-election funds for personal use.

And in other news....CA 50th District Representative Duncan Hunter was re-elected in 2018 even tho he was indicted and is facing trial on misuse of re-election funds for personal use.
Let me know how this ends. I know you will, unless Hunter is acquitted...and then we won't hear a thing from you at all.

Do you actually know what the charges are?

The gist of it is that he collected a paycheck from the Teamsters where he had worked for years before becoming a state rep, for still doing organizing work for them. Most state legislators in IL have side businesses and other jobs...

The main witness against him is a corrupt Teamsters boss who was caught extorting a film studio.... He'd rat out his mother to get less time.
I read the indictment. Perhaps you should too. It is much more then a simple paycheck.
I fail to see how bringing him into court and being tried is a bad thing. If he is tried and found not guilty then good. If he is found guilty then he goes to jail. Are you saying that he should not even go into court because of the party he is a member of? Or are you saying that you like something about his policies and therefore not be in court?

I read the indictment. Perhaps you should too. It is much more then a simple paycheck.
I fail to see how bringing him into court and being tried is a bad thing. If he is tried and found not guilty then good. If he is found guilty then he goes to jail. Are you saying that he should not even go into court because of the party he is a member of? Or are you saying that you like something about his policies and therefore not be in court?

I'm saying I wouldn't charge anyone and ruin his reputation based on the word of a crook.

Heck, I could offer immunity to a hundred crooks in Cook County Jail and they'd all tell me you confessed to kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.

I'm saying I wouldn't charge anyone and ruin his reputation based on the word of a crook.

Heck, I could offer immunity to a hundred crooks in Cook County Jail and they'd all tell me you confessed to kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.
It is perfectly fine to do things like that if it is not your party. Got you.
All you had to say is it was partisan. If you really think that they are going to indict anyone on hearsay evidence you really have no idea on how our justice system works. There must be at least something to back it up. Documents, other people.

All you had to say is it was partisan. If you really think that they are going to indict anyone on hearsay evidence you really have no idea on how our justice system works. There must be at least something to back it up. Documents, other people.

Must there be? Hellllooo.... this state put 13 people on death row who didn't do it.

Must there be? Hellllooo.... this state put 13 people on death row who didn't do it.
So you will deny he did anything wrong if he is convicted only because you are a partisan hack"

So you will deny he did anything wrong if he is convicted only because you are a partisan hack"

Well, I doubt he'll be convicted. All he has to do is march out folks from the Union who say, "Yeah, he did work for us." Done.

But the slander on his reputation will still be there.

Well, I doubt he'll be convicted. All he has to do is march out folks from the Union who say, "Yeah, he did work for us." Done.

But the slander on his reputation will still be there.
All you have to say is I don't want it to happen because I am partisan

Forum List

Back