I'm a teacher. Here's why I am cheering my new freedom from unions

I don't care about comparing that. We have SATs etc for colleges; such tests are enough.

The best judges of learning are the local people responsible for the kids. Curriculums were stronger and resulted in better educated students overall before the Feds ruined things.

Guess what? The federal government has not ever dictated curriculum. You don't understand the terms you are using.

So you think things are not better today than 40 years ago? When I attended school, we had no such thing as Advanced Placement classes, no dual enrollment programs with colleges, and we were lucky to have qualified teachers for the advanced math and science classes. The only computer was accessed via teletype in a one classroom.

I suggest a good dose of reality may soothe your cognitive dissonance.

Guess what - the Feds have overreached and interfered with education across the country via funding and then burdensome reporting and compliance.

Ever wonder why the growth of administrators has dwarfed that of in-classroom teachers?

Whoever said that states have to take federal funds? Don't like the rules? Don't take the money!

BTW, I never met an single administrator whose sole purpose was to meet federal requirements in 21 years as an educator.

The Federal government seizes money from the local district, then offers to give it back with conditions. How about the Federal government just not take our money in the first place.

To your previous post, we should NOT broad brush all school districts. Some districts are corrupt as hell, with teachers who are blatantly hostile to the taxpayers who pay their salaries. Some, not all.

How does the federal government take money from your district? Specifics please!

Stop with the education bashing talking points and learn the truth. You are just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

Taxes, bub.

I don't care about comparing that. We have SATs etc for colleges; such tests are enough.

The best judges of learning are the local people responsible for the kids. Curriculums were stronger and resulted in better educated students overall before the Feds ruined things.

Guess what? The federal government has not ever dictated curriculum. You don't understand the terms you are using.

So you think things are not better today than 40 years ago? When I attended school, we had no such thing as Advanced Placement classes, no dual enrollment programs with colleges, and we were lucky to have qualified teachers for the advanced math and science classes. The only computer was accessed via teletype in a one classroom.

Guess what - the Feds have overreached and interfered with education across the country via funding and then burdensome reporting and compliance.

Ever wonder why the growth of administrators has dwarfed that of in-classroom teachers?

Whoever said that states have to take federal funds? Don't like the rules? Don't take the money!

BTW, I never met an single administrator whose sole purpose was to meet federal requirements in 21 years as an educator.

The Federal government seizes money from the local district, then offers to give it back with conditions. How about the Federal government just not take our money in the first place.

To your previous post, we should NOT broad brush all school districts. Some districts are corrupt as hell, with teachers who are blatantly hostile to the taxpayers who pay their salaries. Some, not all.

How does the federal government take money from your district? Specifics please!

Stop with the education bashing talking points and learn the truth. You are just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.

You know full well where the federal government gets its tax revenue.

Accept responsibility for the bad apples in your profession.

Reasonable proficiency in reading and writing English, basic math literacy, an overview of the hard sciences, and a foundational understanding of history, including philosophy and the Englightenment Values which influenced the founding of the United States.

Our system of government is based on the Consent of the Governed, which requires an Informed Electorate. The Prog takeover of education has made many of the Electorate incredibly Uninformed.
I agree with all of that, but how do you measure it? One reason I do like standardized tests, is you can tailor for you needs, so you can see the curriculum very clearly, and we can do without the social justice crap and stay with real academic subjects, like you outlined.

You do realize that curriculum is how you teach, not what you teach. Right?

If you do, your post makes no sense.
I've always been aware it was the subjects you teach

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun
noun: curriculum; plural noun: curricula; plural noun: curriculums
  1. the subjects comprising a course of study in a school or college.
    synonyms: syllabus, course of study, program of study, subjects, modules
    "the curriculum choices for history students are extensive"

Tests don't show curriculum, which is what you claimed could be seen.
Sure they do. If it's a test on history, you can see what is being taught and what they consider the right answer. On math do they accept any answer to 2+2 or just 4. It allows us to see what they are trying to do. It also prevents them for injecting their shit into the tests. That's why a lot of activists hate them. It restricts them to what they can do, which is the point of a curriculum. It's like the constitution, you can only do certain things within it's framework (unless you believe in the bullshit living constitution)

You just had to prove me right, didn't you!

Those are called STANDARDS. Remember the constant BS about Common Core. That is what Common Core fixed!

Curriculum is how you teach that 2+2 = 4. You cannot see that in a test.

You said they take it from the school districts. That is a bald-faced lie. Now, correct yourself!

Taxes, bub.

What tax does a school district pay? You are proving with ever post that you have no clue as to the discussion.

I'm not saying you have to have a ton, but you need some. What is "real" education?

Reasonable proficiency in reading and writing English, basic math literacy, an overview of the hard sciences, and a foundational understanding of history, including philosophy and the Englightenment Values which influenced the founding of the United States.

Our system of government is based on the Consent of the Governed, which requires an Informed Electorate. The Prog takeover of education has made many of the Electorate incredibly Uninformed.
I agree with all of that, but how do you measure it? One reason I do like standardized tests, is you can tailor for you needs, so you can see the curriculum very clearly, and we can do without the social justice crap and stay with real academic subjects, like you outlined.

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun

A show of hands, who thinks teacher performance should be measured just like it is in any other job?

You said they take it from the school districts. That is a bald-faced lie. Now, correct yourself!

Nobody in my school district pays federal taxes? No business or individual pays federal taxes? Who's lying? :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun

A show of hands, who thinks teacher performance should be measured just like it is in any other job?

Now that you lost the argument, you are moving the goalposts. Are you sure you are not a closet liberal because you sure do like employing their tactics?

Nobody in my school district pays federal taxes? No business or individual pays federal taxes? Who's lying? :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

That is not a school district you dumbass! Stop the idiocy. You have already proven your IQ on this topic is room temp at best.

Taxes, bub.

Its pretty clear Admiral Rockwell refuses to believe there are any bad teachers or bad school districts, in spite of facts to the contrary.

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun

Now that you lost the argument, you are moving the goalposts. Are you sure you are not a closet liberal because you sure do like employing their tactics?

No we are discussing several topics related to schools and teachers. You are popping a gasket because we dare discuss these issues.

Taxes, bub.

Its pretty clear Admiral Rockwell refuses to believe there are any bad teachers or bad school districts, in spite of facts to the contrary.

I haven't said a word about that, have I? Moving the goalposts again? Don't strain your back!

That is not a school district you dumbass! Stop the idiocy. You have already proven your IQ on this topic is room temp at best.

Oh please enough with your stupidity you hack. You know full well where the Federal government gets it money, then offers that money back to school districts with conditions attached. Your argument is full of shit and everybody knows it. :eusa_hand:

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun

No we are discussing several topics related to schools and teachers. You are popping a gasket because we dare discuss these issues.

You can't stay on topic for three posts when I prove your ass wrong every time you post some stupid shit you "heard".

Taxes, bub.

I haven't said a word about that, have I? Moving the goalposts again? Don't strain your back!

The thread posters agree with me, and disagree with you, deal with it.

Oh please enough with your stupidity you hack. You know full well where the Federal government gets it money, then offers that money back to school districts with conditions attached. Your argument is full of shit and everybody knows it. :eusa_hand:

OK, I have a question for you!

How much, as a percentage, do federal funds account for the cost of public education in this country?

Taxes, bub.

Two morons who likely haven't been in a school in decades agree. Stop the presses folks! We have tomorrow's headlines!

cur·ric·u·lum
kəˈrikyələm/
noun

You can't stay on topic for three posts when I prove your ass wrong every time you post some stupid shit you "heard".

You have proven nothing more than your bias. :eusa_hand:

Taxes, bub.

Two morons who likely haven't been in a school in decades agree. Stop the presses folks! We have tomorrow's headlines!

blah blah blah so sleepy.....zzzzzzzz

You know nothing.

OK, I have a question for you!

How much, as a percentage, do federal funds account for the cost of public education in this country?

It varies, do you deny the Federal government takes from one districts and re-distributes to another?

Forum List

Back