I'm a thiest fighting what so far has been a losing battle against determinism.

No problem. And thanks for the welcome. Moving to 'Philosophy' as you've suggested.
Welcome, G.A!

1651546600408.png

:welcome: I'm an atheist and I believe in determinism.
Thanks for the welcome. And don't get me wrong we would both have our beliefs determined is what I'd meant if my reply was confusing. But your hypothetical twin sister, it would be easy to see, has it would appear less choice, her position predetermined as anyone would need to accept given that environment. But less so in your case as you would believe you have made an intelligent choice and that's as an adult. So you need to consider that intelligent choice although real would also be predetermined. Leaving room for mistakes to be made.

Welcome aboard! USMB has quite a crew that cover a LOT of topics. Our moderators are best of class meaning you will not get flagged down if you just use common sense. Treat your fellow board members as you would want to be treated yourself & you will enjoy this board as it truly is a one of a kind board(best in class). Don't be afraid to dabble in various forums on USMB for as I said USMB has quite a crew. You will eventually find a forum that you will associate with the most. We'll meet again somewhere in the forums!
Holy cow, you should write a commercial for this place! :)

You have a lot of good questions there Gregory.

Have you ever thought that ET's may be the reasons behind those past questions?

My word skills are not all that good and my logic is even worse. But that said I've spent a fair bit of time going over the issue of determinism, and would like to think that there are people here who have the answers regardless of what it is they point to.

Otherwise, I'm an outsider from the other side of the world hoping to find others who will join in the battle against this demon that's if it can be beaten.

Hello,.. please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but what exactly are you talking about?

ello,.. please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but what exactly are you talking about?
Hello,.. please don't take this the wrong way or anything, but what exactly are you talking about?
We all like to believe that what we say is not something that has been in effect predetermined. That we have a degree of freewill. If not we are stuck with a demon in the form of determinism and we are only biological machines predestined to be at this place.

Forum List

Back