Zone1 I'm Currently An Agnostic

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
It seems like every time I put my faith and trust in God He winds up hurting me in the end. I don't really want to get into it all, but all I want is to be able to spend special time with Him, but apparently He's always busy because I have trouble feeling His presence and at this point I feel neglected and abandoned even after His promise that He would always be with me. I believe, I'm just hurt and questioning of where He's at in my life and does He even still care about me and love me?

It seems like every time I put my faith and trust in God He winds up hurting me in the end. I don't really want to get into it all, but all I want is to be able to spend special time with Him, but apparently He's always busy because I have trouble feeling His presence and at this point I feel neglected and abandoned even after His promise that He would always be with me. I believe, I'm just hurt and questioning of where He's at in my life and does He even still care about me and love me?
How long have you been praying over your current request? I am recalling the time I prayed for four years--and yes I, too, felt ignored and neglected after only a week. I can be stubborn so I kept on. And then one day...it all came together...and my prayer was answered in a way I did not expect. It was then I realized God had been working with me all along. There had been amazing coincidences that at the time I did not recognize had anything to do with my prayer request.

I learned that God's work does not happen in the time it takes for us to snap our fingers. He is a true artist who takes time and effort over every single detail.

The type of prayer that works best for me during the lonely times is contemplation. Contemplation is totally quieting the mind, thinking of nothing at all (as best that can be done) so that God has time to work in the peace and quiet. Sometimes you may be surprised how it refreshes you as well.

Keep the trust that God cares and loves even during the dry, dark times. I wish you peace, I wish you well.

How long have you been praying over your current request? I am recalling the time I prayed for four years--and yes I, too, felt ignored and neglected after only a week. I can be stubborn so I kept on. And then one day...it all came together...and my prayer was answered in a way I did not expect. It was then I realized God had been working with me all along. There had been amazing coincidences that at the time I did not recognize had anything to do with my prayer request.

I learned that God's work does not happen in the time it takes for us to snap our fingers. He is a true artist who takes time and effort over every single detail.

The type of prayer that works best for me during the lonely times is contemplation. Contemplation is totally quieting the mind, thinking of nothing at all (as best that can be done) so that God has time to work in the peace and quiet. Sometimes you may be surprised how it refreshes you as well.

Keep the trust that God cares and loves even during the dry, dark times. I wish you peace, I wish you well.

Thanks, but it's sort of like this... we have our special times where it's just one on one where He talks to me and I listen or vice versa and well I just haven't been hearing Him speak to me lately and let me know He's there and listening. I know it might be difficult for some people to believe but I have actually felt His presence, heard His voice, (mentally mostly but a few occasions audibly) and right now I just want His love and attention. Nothing special, just to be able to hear from Him and feel His love as it's made me feel so special in the past when we've had our one on one time.

Thanks, but it's sort of like this... we have our special times where it's just one on one where He talks to me and I listen or vice versa and well I just haven't been hearing Him speak to me lately and let me know He's there and listening. I know it might be difficult for some people to believe but I have actually felt His presence, heard His voice, (mentally mostly but a few occasions audibly) and right now I just want His love and attention. Nothing special, just to be able to hear from Him and feel His love as it's made me feel so special in the past when we've had our one on one time.
I understand, more than you might imagine. Saint John of the Cross (who wrote of the dark night he went through) would understand as well. Reading John is frustrating as he says things like to reach light, one must go by way of darkness; to reach fulfillment one must go by way of emptiness. So...not all that helpful in what you are facing now. However, some of his sentiments were put into song. Below is the link that speaks of this silence. May it bring some comfort during this time.

I am too. Agnosticism is the only honest intellectual position when it comes to faith. It doesn't mean one can't still believe a certain way, but nobody has any proof of anything.

I doubt that.

I understand, more than you might imagine. Saint John of the Cross (who wrote of the dark night he went through) would understand as well. Reading John is frustrating as he says things like to reach light, one must go by way of darkness; to reach fulfillment one must go by way of emptiness. So...not all that helpful in what you are facing now. However, some of his sentiments were put into song. Below is the link that speaks of this silence. May it bring some comfort during this time.

Thank you as most people like CarlinAnnArbor would just scoff at me that I actually have a really special relationship with God where we talk about just about anything like we're having a regular conversation right now. We actually became best friends... At least I thought so anyways. He revealed Himself to me in a much different way than I ever expected.

Thank you as most people like @CarlinAnnArbor would just scoff at me that I actually have a really special relationship with God where we talk about just about anything like we're having a regular conversation right now. We actually became best friends... At least I thought so anyways. He revealed Himself to me in a much different way than I ever expected.
All I can do is speak of my own experience, but it is possible God may be making preparations for the next level....And this may take a very long time. As the saying goes, Experiences may vary.

All I can do is speak of my own experience, but it is possible God may be making preparations for the next level....And this may take a very long time. As the saying goes, Experiences may vary.

You mean you can do what I can do? You can hear Him too? Pm me if you wish for it to be a private matter.

Thank you as most people like @CarlinAnnArbor would just scoff at me that I actually have a really special relationship with God where we talk about just about anything like we're having a regular conversation right now. We actually became best friends... At least I thought so anyways. He revealed Himself to me in a much different way than I ever expected.

Yeah, but you already said that.

Yeah, but you already said that.
Who NEEDS who?

God doesn't need you....merely wants you because He is kind.
However the reverse is not true. You do NEED God. Just because you want to have a tantrum doesn't negate your needs. What if God threw a tantrum? I don't think that the universe could withstand it.

Anytime I feel abandoned by God, which at some point in our lives we all do, it helps me to know that Jesus felt the same way as he begged the Father to spare him from the cross, if possible.

mormonjesusbleeding.jpg

He, he did not get an answer either as he just sat there and bleed.

This is sad, and distressing, but honestly--not that shocking. In my experience those who base their faith on how they feel mostly end up like this. Sadly.

Frankly, RR, our feelings are not to be trusted. What do you KNOW?

Where do you get the information that you know?

Maybe a good idea would be to stop expecting God to be special for you and rather meet Him where He is revealed, always--His Word. The knowledge and revelation that comes forth there is the kind that endures. :)

Forum List

Back