I'm Finally Ashamed Of My Country

I hate to tell you this... but the 4th of July isn't about the military. It's about the Independence of the Country.

We have Veteran's Day. We have Memorial Day. We have V-Day. I'm sure I'm missing more to support troops, but that isn't what the 4th of July is about.

I hate to tell you this but you are a Tard with TDS...

You sure aren't too bright. I'm being serious when I say this, I have NEVER, since you have joined this forum, seen you make a single post with any type of coherent message that had anything to do with the actual discussion. At this point I don't think I should respond to you with any type of insult, because I seriously think you are mentally handicapped.

You're a Tard, case closed...….

You are all full of SHIT....

Validation complete. :thup:

I hate to tell you this... but the 4th of July isn't about the military. It's about the Independence of the Country.

We have Veteran's Day. We have Memorial Day. We have V-Day. I'm sure I'm missing more to support troops, but that isn't what the 4th of July is about.

I hate to tell you this but you are a Tard with TDS...

You sure aren't too bright. I'm being serious when I say this, I have NEVER, since you have joined this forum, seen you make a single post with any type of coherent message that had anything to do with the actual discussion. At this point I don't think I should respond to you with any type of insult, because I seriously think you are mentally handicapped.

You're a Tard, case closed...….

You are all full of SHIT....

Validation complete. :thup:

I’m glad you agree with me....

This is a good first step in your recovery from Tardism......

I’m sure it will be a long tough road for you but just hang in there.

One day you might actually be sane.

Wow, excellent comment and a fantastic USMB bitch slap.

The list of things America “can’t” do is endless.

Universal health care
$15 minimum wage
Quality public school education for ALL, not just schools in wealthy neighbourhoods
Safe and secure drinking water for all
Infrastructure
Clean cities
End homelessness
Retraining for unskilled workers
Maternity leave and job security for pregnant women

All things that every other First World country provides for its people. Americans provide for the military, the corporations and the wealthy. The remaining 75% of the populations have to make do on the scraps the oligarchs throw them: earned income credits, instead of a living wage: food stamps; stigmatizing and shaming them with every purchase, and Medicaid, which many hospitals and doctors can refuse.
Other countries can afford this shit because they don't maintain military might to defend themselves in case of being attacked. They rely on the US to defend them. We need to pull our troops out of countries they shouldn't be in and force those countries to defend themselves. It is time we stop supplementing the defense of our allies with our troops. If they want our troops then they need to pay for their cost plus profit for having them.

Who is going to attack us? Canada hasn't BEEN attacked since 1812
For God's sake, what has Canada anything to be attacked over? You can't GIVE the place away. The USA could have TAKEN "Canada" if it wanted, but all you have up there is snow, bad weather and boreal forests and lakes! 90% of your country is vacant. It is the Western Siberia. That's why anyone who is anything comes south to America.
Where in Canada have you visited?
Here's some fun. I thought of some more important military dates. Let's see how many these civics dounces can get.

November 11th?
December 7th?
September 11th? :eek:
Last Monday in May?
May 8th?
November 10th?
June 14th?

Have at it. Notice July 4th isn't on there.

Nobody cares what you think. You have an overinflated opinion of your opinion.
Here's some fun. I thought of some more important military dates. Let's see how many these civics dounces can get.

November 11th?
December 7th?
Last Monday in May?
May 8th?
November 10th?
June 14th?

Speak for yourself, leo. Lewdog makes a very valid point that nobody has reasonably rebutted except to resort to ad hominem attacks. I read toobys OP and just knew it would a very short time before he started calling folks names.

Yeah his point really isn't all that valid because the declaration of Independence was a simple piece of paper which would have been totally meaningless without the firepower to back it up.

SMFH. No it was not just a simple piece of paper and Lewdogs point still stands.

Neither Lewdog's point North Lewdog would be standing at all without the fire power behind the paper. The English would have wiped their ass with that piece of paper just before they massacred the colonies if there was no military to backup the intentions written in that declaration.

Move away from this country to a place that is not supported by a military. the brave man the military did for you but you are too much of a coward to do for yourself.

Lewdog, and his painted nails and his women's clothing along with this companions like you live in a fairytale world quite apart from the reality that thinking people live in.

My guess is that you're both on substances of some kind either bought off the street but prescribed by a illegal drug dealer.

Anyone who can't see the connection between the military and the freedom that was bought lives of millions of American soldiers over the centuries of our existence is not only obtuse and stupid but childish to the point where they deserve none of the rights of an adult.

Jo

Last edited:
The Democrats finally did it. They made me ashamed of the United States. They made me ashamed that on the 4th of July celebrating the greatness of America, our many heroes and our magnificent military with not one word about himself or any actual politics:
  • That only one of five network channels in my area even covered it.
  • That every democrat panned the event as "political."
  • That many in the MSM claimed they "hated it."
  • That every Democrat candidate attacked our president for championing the history and greatness of our fine nation and many key historical turning points and battles on its birthday as being "political" and a "threat" or as an "ego trip" while they were actually out politically CAMPAIGNING to be president themselves and using the day for politics!
  • That I have to share my country with so many people filled with so much blind hatred, envy and contempt for a man, that they cannot even stop to celebrate their nation's birthday, put down the partisanship for just 5 minutes to unite as Americans in reveling in the glory of our country.
  • That the partisan Left was so afraid that Trump might actually look good to and score points with the voters holding this glorious event that they would rather lampoon it rather than celebrate it.
Joe Biden says Trump's July 4th event is designed 'to stroke his ego' - CNNPolitics

2020 Democrats use July 4 to storm early contest states

I'm ashamed that I have to breathe the same air as democrats who would effectively try to boycott a celebration of our nation's birthday and its history by its president paying homage to great astronauts, heroes of medicine and our branches of the military as they saluted our jets flying overhead to the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

It was enough to bring a tear to one's eye.

I'm sorry to have to share the same sky with loathsome mongrels who would call a mere 2 Bradley fighting vehicles and tanks almost lost in the crowd a "threat" to their Resistance aimed at "dictatorial suppression."

I'm shocked that on one CNN program, where a guest said he thought it was cool and great to see a showcase of all this great military weaponry as the best of all fireworks, that all he got back from his CNN anchors was cold glares.

I regret having to walk the same soil as a bunch of unpatriotic cowards who would try to spin the many great displays of our finest in the military, marching bands and others. For those who missed it, here are links to Trump's speech, the flyovers, the modest parades and other demonstrations as well as the fireworks later on:

SALUTE TO AMERICA: President Trump HISTORIC Lincoln Memorial speech

These are the terrible events that CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC were too ashamed and didn't want you to see because they feared it might score Trump brownie points. The place there was literally PACKED. Not one more person could squeeze in. What a fabulous welcome sight as thousands actually proudly cheered: USA! USA! USA! USA! One of my favorite parts was as the crowd was able to go right up to a Bradley tank and put their hands on it. One fellow had his baby on his shoulders so he could see it.

Donald Trump: A total win.

View attachment 267839
View attachment 267840
View attachment 267841

Honoring our militsary:

Are we to forget trasdhing John McCain'sservice

Trashing the service of POWs
Trashing a Gold Star family
Calling a soldier's widow a liar on the day she met his casket at the airport
Comparing the service of Vietnam vets to his concern with stds
Mocking our general by claiming he knew more about ISIS than they did

And you, you voted for him after he did these things.

Speaking at this event might have meant something if the real planners of these July 4th celebrations asked Trump to speak. But him forcing himself in the program is pure political horseshit. Like giving tickets to the RNC.

The guy who almost sank a US Aircraft Carrier, that guy?

The guy you are lying about when you blame him for that accident.
While your Fat Assed orange buddy was living in luxury, John McCain was flying attack missions in Nortj Vietnam under heavy anti-aircraft fire.

Burt hey, you join your military hating buddy & mock a military hero.,

Once again he almost sank a US Air craft carrier

And if his daddy wasn't an admiral he would of been Forrest Gump.

Once again, It was an accident.

If nit for Daddy, Trump would be on welfare.

The list of things America “can’t” do is endless.

Universal health care
$15 minimum wage
Quality public school education for ALL, not just schools in wealthy neighbourhoods
Safe and secure drinking water for all
Infrastructure
Clean cities
End homelessness
Retraining for unskilled workers
Maternity leave and job security for pregnant women

All things that every other First World country provides for its people. Americans provide for the military, the corporations and the wealthy. The remaining 75% of the populations have to make do on the scraps the oligarchs throw them: earned income credits, instead of a living wage: food stamps; stigmatizing and shaming them with every purchase, and Medicaid, which many hospitals and doctors can refuse.
Other countries can afford this shit because they don't maintain military might to defend themselves in case of being attacked. They rely on the US to defend them. We need to pull our troops out of countries they shouldn't be in and force those countries to defend themselves. It is time we stop supplementing the defense of our allies with our troops. If they want our troops then they need to pay for their cost plus profit for having them.

For God's sake, what has Canada anything to be attacked over? You can't GIVE the place away. The USA could have TAKEN "Canada" if it wanted, but all you have up there is snow, bad weather and boreal forests and lakes! 90% of your country is vacant. It is the Western Siberia. That's why anyone who is anything comes south to America.

November 11th?
December 7th?
Last Monday in May?
May 8th?
November 10th?
June 14th?

November 11th?
December 7th?
Last Monday in May?
May 8th?
November 10th?
June 14th?

Speak for yourself, leo. Lewdog makes a very valid point that nobody has reasonably rebutted except to resort to ad hominem attacks. I read toobys OP and just knew it would a very short time before he started calling folks names.

Yeah his point really isn't all that valid because the declaration of Independence was a simple piece of paper which would have been totally meaningless without the firepower to back it up.

SMFH. No it was not just a simple piece of paper and Lewdogs point still stands.

Neither Lewdog's point North Lewdog would be standing at all without the fire power behind the paper. The English would have wiped their ass with that piece of paper just before they massacred the colonies if there was not military to backup the intentions written in that declaration.

Move away from this country to a place that is not supported by a military. the brave man the military did for you but you are too much of a coward to do for yourself.

Lewdog, and his painted nails and his women's clothing along with this companions like you live in a fairytale world quite apart from the reality that thinking people live in.

My guess is that you're both on substances of some kind either bought off the street but prescribed by a illegal drug dealer.

Anyone who can't see the connection between the military and the freedom that was bought lives of millions of American soldiers over the centuries of our existence is not only obtuse and stupid but childish to the point where they deserve none of the rights of an adult.

Jo

Why glorify the military? They don’t fight to protect our freedom. They fight to protect the interests of the 1%.

Of course my posting this immediately makes me a traitor, by the millions of duped Americans.

If not for Daddy, Trump would be on welfare.

Who the fuck gives a shit? It was your Kenyan ass boy who said that none of the riches of the wealthy were legitimate in the first place. Did you forget that nitwit?
Trump is there now I don't care if it was an accident, an appointment by demons or mad scientist from Russia who put him there.... I'm damn glad he's there and I'm damn glad he's going to get another 4 years.

Jo

[

The issue in all this is all the Trump supporters can't defend what Trump did,

You are confused Moon Bat.

Trump made a great patriotic speech and it was a great celebration. Much better than anything that filthy ass Muslim President ever did.

You American hating Moon Bats don't think this country is great and you hate any celebration of that greatness. You prefer that asshole apologizing to the rest of the world for America.

In addition, you are sick with TDS, which makes you confused about everything.

Neither Lewdog's point North Lewdog would be standing at all without the fire power behind the paper. The English would have wiped their ass with that piece of paper just before they massacred the colonies if there was not military to backup the intentions written in that declaration.

Jo

Why glorify the military? They don’t fight to protect our freedom. They fight to protect the interests of the 1%.

Of course my posting this immediately makes me a traitor, by the millions of duped Americans.

Wake up and smell the coffee dude. I'll take our 1% over the 1% in China or Iran.

No military no freedom.

I understand the concept of a banker's war.

I also understand that this is the only place on Earth where people may Express themselves freely without fear being jailed is a political enemy. It's not a perfect but I'll take it over any other system on this planet.

The only way you get to keep it is if you can keep it.

Jo

Wake up and smell the coffee dude. I'll take our 1% over the 1% in China or Iran.

No military no freedom.

I understand the concept of a banker's war.

I also understand that this is the only place on Earth where people may Express themselves freely without fear being jailed is a political enemy. It's not a perfect but I'll take it over any other system on this planet.

The only way you get to keep it is if you can keep it.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the many foreign wars our criminal political class has started.

You are terribly confused.

So what do you think about the Declaration of Indepedence, huh? 'Sup Commie faggot.

You're exactly right, now what? Believe me, I thought this same exact thing yesterday as someone went off on a diatribe, but I didn't say a word because they're my elder. There were no lies spoken, my ancestors have fought for the freedom of the USA, But July 4th is about Independence Day.

Are you drunk?

The 4th of July is a celebration of the birth of the United States of America and to promote emotional nationalism. The military is a part of the country, and as has been said by pretty much every poster in this thread, deserves to be respected and honored. HOWEVER, they aren't some kind of shiny toy that is supposed to be shown off as an extension of the President like Trump did. If you know ANYTHING about history and George Washington,he believed the United States, a collective that includes EVERYONE, is what should be celebrated.

The issue in all this is all the Trump supporters can't defend what Trump did, so as usual they just want to say if you disagreed with Trump as he is measuring dick sizes with other countries by putting the military on display for the 4th, competing with France... North Korea... and are attacking what he did, you are actually attacking the military and disrespecting them. That's bullshit. No one is doing that.

You sure like using the term faggot, is that who you hang out with all the time? I'm sure certain information in secret was shared with you which is against forum rules, but yes it is true, and yes something was taken care of. So don't pull shit like that anymore, I don't take it lightly and it isn't a joke. End of story.

Apparently they need to be shown off more often for the likes people like yourselves whose heads so far up their ass all you can actually see is your own intestinal tract.

Did it ever occur to you that the men and women of the military are eager to show themselves in that particular light and need reaffirmation from us that their sacrifices are actually worth the effort?

There's not a damn thing wrong with showing them off with a great big pat on the back from the man who is the commander and chief after all.

what a refreshing change from the format asshole who did nothing but shit and piss on the military for his entire 8 years.

You're 0bligatory courtesy in this post doesn't fool me dipshit. I know what you are and I know what you are not.

Jo

What a load of horse shit. You said we fought England because they were socialist. Since then, you have done nothing but try to misdirect from that statement. Can't you keep your mind on one subject Barney?

You've got 5 minutes to fix where you misquoted me before I report you.

Sorry, the quote got screwed up, I think I corrected it. It was not intentional I would NEVER attribute what I say to you believe me!! :10:

BTW I said: "He was a Monarchist which is a socialist by a different name." I DID NOT say: "we fought England because they were socialist" YOU made that up. You got 5 minutes to correct it. :21::1peleas:

Still too arrogant to look up the definition of socialism, aren't you?

How is it I’m “arrogant” for not agreeing with you? And, you lied about what I said.

No. I never lie. I have been mistaken before, but I freely acknowledge that as soon as proof is presented. You said we fought for independence from socialism. That's bat-shit crazy.

We fought for independence from imperialism, not socialism.

What a load of horse shit. You said we fought England because they were socialist. Since then, you have done nothing but try to misdirect from that statement. Can't you keep your mind on one subject Barney?

You've got 5 minutes to fix where you misquoted me before I report you.

Sorry, the quote got screwed up, I think I corrected it. It was not intentional I would NEVER attribute what I say to you believe me!! :10:

BTW I said: "He was a Monarchist which is a socialist by a different name." I DID NOT say: "we fought England because they were socialist" YOU made that up. You got 5 minutes to correct it. :21::1peleas:

Still too arrogant to look up the definition of socialism, aren't you?

How is it I’m “arrogant” for not agreeing with you? And, you lied about what I said.

No. I never lie. I have been mistaken before, but I freely acknowledge that as soon as proof is presented. You said we fought for independence from socialism. That's bat-shit crazy.

We fought for independence from imperialism, not socialism.
And now we have Imperialism all by ourselves.

and July 4 is NOT about King 'shit head' Trump
You didn't watch the Fox news broadcast of Trump's DC New Years bash or you would know he didn't make it about him. He didn't say "I" once.

Trump was up there running his fucking yap in front of the cameras; he didn't need to say "I"

[

The issue in all this is all the Trump supporters can't defend what Trump did,

You are confused Moon Bat.

Trump made a great patriotic speech and it was a great celebration. Much better than anything that filthy ass Muslim President ever did.

You American hating Moon Bats don't think this country is great and you hate any celebration of that greatness. You prefer that asshole apologizing to the rest of the world for America.

In addition, you are sick with TDS, which makes you confused about everything.

Love how you are so corrupt and dishonest that you have to edit out a sentence fragment from my whole post. Good job Mr. Broken Record. You remind me of that guy with brain damage in the movie 50 First Dates.

Im not ashamed of my country,I love my country,I am ashamed of the people in america how they let america become the facist dictatership that it has and ignore how BOTH parties are corrupt,that they are one in the same disguised as two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected unable to use any logic and common sense that a third party candidate will NEVER get elected because he would follow the constitution and serve the people instead of the bankers as both parties do. as long as we have this corrupt one party system we have,the future of america scares me and makes me feel sorry for the younger generation they will have to face.its only going to get worse,not better as long as we have this corrupt two party system of demopublicans and reprocrats.hey both suck balls.

I am ashamed at how stupid so many Americans have become; brain dead basically.

That's funny tard. I didnt hear, "I" or "me" in his speech.

You have him confused with your Kenyan

Even the left wing pro-Obama media had to admit Obama used "I", "me", 'myself" so many times it became embarrassing. More times than any other President or major politician in our lifetime or probably ever. He's still doing it by the way. He's taking full credit for the Trump economy himself. (Once more, I get so tired of everything bad happening under Obama being George W. Bush's fault, and everything good happening in the Trump Administration is Obama's doing. How stupid do people think we are?)

I don't recall a single instance yesterday in which President Trump made any reference to himself or took credit for anything. I don't know if he said it yesterday, but he keeps removing the credit from himself and transferring it to the people saying things like: "I didn't do that. You did it. And that's why we will keep on being the greatest nation in the world."

But they pull one minor misspeak from a really great hour-long speech and I have seen thread after thread started holding that up as all the speech was. How hateful is that?

The 4th of July is to celebrate the Independence of our country from a tyrannical king, won at terrible cost of blood and treasure. It began with the signing of the Declaration of Independence, but was accomplished with fire and fury and muskets and swords. To not acknowledge the role of the military in the independence of the United States of America is as silly as thinking Memorial Day has nothing to do with fallen soldiers.

What happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

BD10267_.gif
Five signers were captured by the British as traitors and tortured before they died.

BD10267_.gif
Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.

BD10267_.gif
Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army, another had two sons captured.

BD10267_.gif
Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

John Q. Adams, son of John Adams, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, wrote: “Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedoms. I hope you will make good use of it.”

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners: men of means, well educated. But they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

BD10267_.gif
In early September 1776, the British burned the home of Francis Lewis and seized his wife. Held in prison with no bed and no changes of clothing, she was finally released after two years of suffering and her health gone. She died soon after her release.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas McKean was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the
Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

BD10267_.gif
John Hart was driven from his wife’s bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his grist-mill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later he died from exhaustion and a broken heart.

BD10267_.gif
Lewis Morris’ New Jersey home was looted and burned and his grist mills destroyed. While he eluded capture by sleeping in caves and forest, his ailing wife died and his 13 children were scattered. His failing health forced him to leave the New Jersey legislature in 1779, and he died less than three years after the Declaration was signed.

BD10267_.gif
Richard Stockton rushed home to Princeton, New Jersey, in 1776 to rescue his family from approaching British troops. He was captured and thrown into prison, where he was repeatedly beaten and kept near starvation. The British also destroyed his home and burned his papers. As a result of mistreatment, he became an invalid and died in 1781.

BD10267_.gif
John Morton was criticized by many of his Pennsylvania neighbors for breaking the tie vote of the Pennsylvania delegation in favor of independence. The criticism depressed him deeply. Early in 1777 he became ill and died.

BD10267_.gif
Philip Livingston’s 150,000 acre estate was seized by the British, but he continued to contribute his dwindling fortune to Congress for the war effort. The strain of the revolutionary struggle also depleted his health, and he died less than two years after signing.

BD10267_.gif
Robert Morris issued over one million dollars of personal credit to finance the war effort, and raised $200,000 to defeat the British at Yorktown. In 1798, his personal finances collapsed. Never reimbursed by the country, he spent three years in debtor’s prison.

BD10267_.gif
Joseph Hewes of North Carolina gave tirelessly of himself to create a navy and help General Washington. Working long hours without adequate food and rest, he lost his health and died in 1779 at age 49.

BD10267_.gif
Philip Livingston’s 150,000 acre estate was seized by the British, but he continued to contribute his dwindling fortune to Congress for the war effort. The strain of the revolutionary struggle also depleted his health, and he died less than two years after signing.

BD10267_.gif
Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships sunk or captured by the British Navy. Although he lost his wealth and was forced to sell his land, he continued to serve in the Virginia Legislature. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts and died in poverty.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas Heyward, Jr. served in the army and was taken prisoner. The British raided his plantation while he was in prison and burned his buildings. His wife became ill and died before he was released.

BD10267_.gif
Williams Hooper of North Carolina was hunted by the British. He fled, and they burned his home and lands.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas Nelson, Jr. served as governor of Virginia and distributed large sums of his money to the families of his soldiers. At the Battle of Yorktown, he led 3,000 Virginia militia against the British. Although the British took refuge in homes belonging to Virginians, Nelson’s troops shelled them away. At the battle of Yorktown, he noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.
The Personal Cost of Signing The Declaration of Independence

That and the brave men and women who gave their blood and treasure to win the war is what the 4th of July--Independence Day--is all about.

So one more time, this is entirely appropriate for the occasion yesterday and EVERY media organization should have reported it:

Trump takes credit for every positive & blames Democrats for what is not good.

Remember Obama whining for 8 years about the "Bush economy"????

Links?

So what do you think about the Declaration of Indepedence, huh? 'Sup Commie faggot.

You're exactly right, now what? Believe me, I thought this same exact thing yesterday as someone went off on a diatribe, but I didn't say a word because they're my elder. There were no lies spoken, my ancestors have fought for the freedom of the USA, But July 4th is about Independence Day.

Are you drunk?

The 4th of July is a celebration of the birth of the United States of America and to promote emotional nationalism. The military is a part of the country, and as has been said by pretty much every poster in this thread, deserves to be respected and honored. HOWEVER, they aren't some kind of shiny toy that is supposed to be shown off as an extension of the President like Trump did. If you know ANYTHING about history and George Washington,he believed the United States, a collective that includes EVERYONE, is what should be celebrated.

The issue in all this is all the Trump supporters can't defend what Trump did, so as usual they just want to say if you disagreed with Trump as he is measuring dick sizes with other countries by putting the military on display for the 4th, competing with France... North Korea... and are attacking what he did, you are actually attacking the military and disrespecting them. That's bullshit. No one is doing that.

You sure like using the term faggot, is that who you hang out with all the time? I'm sure certain information in secret was shared with you which is against forum rules, but yes it is true, and yes something was taken care of. So don't pull shit like that anymore, I don't take it lightly and it isn't a joke. End of story.

Apparently they need to be shown off more often for the likes people like yourselves whose heads so far up their ass all you can actually see is your own intestinal tract.

Did it ever occur to you that the men and women of the military are eager to show themselves in that particular light and need reaffirmation from us that their sacrifices are actually worth the effort?

There's not a damn thing wrong with showing them off with a great big pat on the back from the man who is the commander and chief after all.

what a refreshing change from the format asshole who did nothing but shit and piss on the military for his entire 8 years.

You're 0bligatory courtesy in this post doesn't fool me dipshit. I know what you are and I know what you are not.

Jo

You must not know a whole lot of people in the military if you think they want to go parading around like a dog and pony show, as toys to be played with by Draft Dodger Trump. You don't know shit about me, and it's pretty obvious you also don't know how many broken promises Trump has to the military that he says he loves and respects so much.

Even the left wing pro-Obama media had to admit Obama used "I", "me", 'myself" so many times it became embarrassing. More times than any other President or major politician in our lifetime or probably ever. He's still doing it by the way. He's taking full credit for the Trump economy himself. (Once more, I get so tired of everything bad happening under Obama being George W. Bush's fault, and everything good happening in the Trump Administration is Obama's doing. How stupid do people think we are?)

I don't recall a single instance yesterday in which President Trump made any reference to himself or took credit for anything. I don't know if he said it yesterday, but he keeps removing the credit from himself and transferring it to the people saying things like: "I didn't do that. You did it. And that's why we will keep on being the greatest nation in the world."

But they pull one minor misspeak from a really great hour-long speech and I have seen thread after thread started holding that up as all the speech was. How hateful is that?

The 4th of July is to celebrate the Independence of our country from a tyrannical king, won at terrible cost of blood and treasure. It began with the signing of the Declaration of Independence, but was accomplished with fire and fury and muskets and swords. To not acknowledge the role of the military in the independence of the United States of America is as silly as thinking Memorial Day has nothing to do with fallen soldiers.

BD10267_.gif
Five signers were captured by the British as traitors and tortured before they died.

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif
Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army, another had two sons captured.

BD10267_.gif
Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

John Q. Adams, son of John Adams, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, wrote: “Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedoms. I hope you will make good use of it.”

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners: men of means, well educated. But they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

BD10267_.gif
In early September 1776, the British burned the home of Francis Lewis and seized his wife. Held in prison with no bed and no changes of clothing, she was finally released after two years of suffering and her health gone. She died soon after her release.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas McKean was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the
Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

BD10267_.gif
John Hart was driven from his wife’s bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his grist-mill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later he died from exhaustion and a broken heart.

BD10267_.gif
Lewis Morris’ New Jersey home was looted and burned and his grist mills destroyed. While he eluded capture by sleeping in caves and forest, his ailing wife died and his 13 children were scattered. His failing health forced him to leave the New Jersey legislature in 1779, and he died less than three years after the Declaration was signed.

BD10267_.gif
Richard Stockton rushed home to Princeton, New Jersey, in 1776 to rescue his family from approaching British troops. He was captured and thrown into prison, where he was repeatedly beaten and kept near starvation. The British also destroyed his home and burned his papers. As a result of mistreatment, he became an invalid and died in 1781.

BD10267_.gif
John Morton was criticized by many of his Pennsylvania neighbors for breaking the tie vote of the Pennsylvania delegation in favor of independence. The criticism depressed him deeply. Early in 1777 he became ill and died.

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif
Robert Morris issued over one million dollars of personal credit to finance the war effort, and raised $200,000 to defeat the British at Yorktown. In 1798, his personal finances collapsed. Never reimbursed by the country, he spent three years in debtor’s prison.

BD10267_.gif
Joseph Hewes of North Carolina gave tirelessly of himself to create a navy and help General Washington. Working long hours without adequate food and rest, he lost his health and died in 1779 at age 49.

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif
Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships sunk or captured by the British Navy. Although he lost his wealth and was forced to sell his land, he continued to serve in the Virginia Legislature. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts and died in poverty.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas Heyward, Jr. served in the army and was taken prisoner. The British raided his plantation while he was in prison and burned his buildings. His wife became ill and died before he was released.

BD10267_.gif
Williams Hooper of North Carolina was hunted by the British. He fled, and they burned his home and lands.

BD10267_.gif
Thomas Nelson, Jr. served as governor of Virginia and distributed large sums of his money to the families of his soldiers. At the Battle of Yorktown, he led 3,000 Virginia militia against the British. Although the British took refuge in homes belonging to Virginians, Nelson’s troops shelled them away. At the battle of Yorktown, he noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

That and the brave men and women who gave their blood and treasure to win the war is what the 4th of July--Independence Day--is all about.

So one more time, this is entirely appropriate for the occasion yesterday and EVERY media organization should have reported it:

Trump takes credit for every positive & blames Democrats for what is not good.

Nice attempt at deflecting from the content of a post. Do you people really sleep well at night? I can't imagine being the kind of person who would post that kind of hatefulness and sleeping well at night.

The President legitimately states how the policies are working and what is being accomplished and what still needs to be done. And he legitimately blames the Democrats for refusing to do their jobs that would help solve a lot of problems. And he legitimately blames the media for refusing to do their jobs and for deliberately misrepresenting the facts. But his speeches are about all of us, everybody. Not about himself.

Example./

Trump's policies created the mess at the border & the number of children being held. The conditions there are his reponsibility.

Trump blames Obama.

So shoibe your crap yup your ass you lying fuck

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

BD10267_.gif

Trump conflated the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, thinking that the Star Spangled Banner was written during the Revolutionary War. He told the crowd the Revolutionary Soldiers had "captured the airports".

Trump is a total laughingstock around the world for that one. What good is a speech which honours your history, if the dumbass you elected President, can't even give a proper speech and get his facts straight?

Disgraceful, but highly funny. You VOTED for this loser.

Last edited:
The Democrats finally did it. They made me ashamed of the United States. They made me ashamed that on the 4th of July celebrating the greatness of America, our many heroes and our magnificent military with not one word about himself or any actual politics:
  • That only one of five network channels in my area even covered it.
  • That every democrat panned the event as "political."
  • That many in the MSM claimed they "hated it."
  • That every Democrat candidate attacked our president for championing the history and greatness of our fine nation and many key historical turning points and battles on its birthday as being "political" and a "threat" or as an "ego trip" while they were actually out politically CAMPAIGNING to be president themselves and using the day for politics!
  • That I have to share my country with so many people filled with so much blind hatred, envy and contempt for a man, that they cannot even stop to celebrate their nation's birthday, put down the partisanship for just 5 minutes to unite as Americans in reveling in the glory of our country.
  • That the partisan Left was so afraid that Trump might actually look good to and score points with the voters holding this glorious event that they would rather lampoon it rather than celebrate it.
Joe Biden says Trump's July 4th event is designed 'to stroke his ego' - CNNPolitics

2020 Democrats use July 4 to storm early contest states

I'm ashamed that I have to breathe the same air as democrats who would effectively try to boycott a celebration of our nation's birthday and its history by its president paying homage to great astronauts, heroes of medicine and our branches of the military as they saluted our jets flying overhead to the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

It was enough to bring a tear to one's eye.

I'm sorry to have to share the same sky with loathsome mongrels who would call a mere 2 Bradley fighting vehicles and tanks almost lost in the crowd a "threat" to their Resistance aimed at "dictatorial suppression."

I'm shocked that on one CNN program, where a guest said he thought it was cool and great to see a showcase of all this great military weaponry as the best of all fireworks, that all he got back from his CNN anchors was cold glares.

I regret having to walk the same soil as a bunch of unpatriotic cowards who would try to spin the many great displays of our finest in the military, marching bands and others. For those who missed it, here are links to Trump's speech, the flyovers, the modest parades and other demonstrations as well as the fireworks later on:

SALUTE TO AMERICA: President Trump HISTORIC Lincoln Memorial speech

These are the terrible events that CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN and MSNBC were too ashamed and didn't want you to see because they feared it might score Trump brownie points. The place there was literally PACKED. Not one more person could squeeze in. What a fabulous welcome sight as thousands actually proudly cheered: USA! USA! USA! USA! One of my favorite parts was as the crowd was able to go right up to a Bradley tank and put their hands on it. One fellow had his baby on his shoulders so he could see it.

Donald Trump: A total win.

View attachment 267839
View attachment 267840
View attachment 267841

While I appreciate your thread and OP, I am not ashamed of my country. Because the bitterly angry, hateful, hyper-partisan/ideological unAmerican jerks who make up most of the leadership of the Democrat party and the media are NOT representative of America. You cannot dismiss the tens of thousands who stood in the pouring rain to celebrate America and all it stands for with President Trump yesterday, or all of us who would have been with them had we been able. And mind you this is in one of the bluest, most fanatically left wing cities in the country.

The haters don't represent the vast majority of us. God forbid that we become like them.

What the alphabet media would not report yesterday:

If you were paying attention, you'd see that most of the vile and hateful posts on usmb are from the right wing including quite a few that pretend to be christians. In the meantime, explain why every republican president in this century went out of their way to not put their time in the military when they had the opportunity and their nation was at war.

I haven't seen that and I do pay attention.

And whether or not anybody served in the military is not the topic of this thread. But President Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, George HW Bush, and George W. Bush all served in the military. Donald Trump did not but then neither did Bill Clinton or Barack Obama. So if you are going to throw stones. . .

We are talking about dodging the draft & then having the nerve to insult the military service of others.

Forum List

Back