🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I'm Off the Fence; Going to Support Trump After He Called for National CCW Recognition

I cherish my gun and hunting rights. Although I play devil's advocate, I don't care how many CCW permits are issued - so long as they pass universal background checks. However, there is a problem with the UBC database. It's obvious that the NICS database needs to be improved - otherwise, federal background checks don't mean much. The following article contains some good information:

How They Got Their Guns

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

DETAILS: How They Got Their Guns - The New York Times

I agree mostly though I do not agree with classifying all cases of PTSD as mentally incompetent and thus failing the background check. This possibility discourages many from getting the help they need, and they suffer needlessly for that.

Also, a person should have a way of asking for a review of their classification to have themselves taken off the mental case list. They could have been put on it erroneously, they may have had a complete recovery, etc.

But also the biggest means of addressing our failure to control gun use and channel it into only legal activities is that the laws on the books are not consistently enforced, if enforced at all in many places.

Many judges can be blamed for lack of enforcement. Also, Douglas Country, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin refuses to enforce federal gun control laws.
Yeah, but why? What are the reasons given for the lack of enforcement? They got a feud with the feds?

The sheriff is an anti-gun control nut.

Oregon Sheriff no fan of gun control - CNN.com

He is saying that if he finds a law to be an offense to the second amendment in his opinion, he will not enforce that law. This is about the same thing as Obama is doing in regards to many of our duly passed laws on immigration and marijuana use, and I think drug laws should be dismantled, but there is a right way to go about it that respects our laws.

So if this guy is a nut for not enforcing all the laws then Obama has to be a nut as well, Lakhota.

Another big plus for Trump; he has emphasized that immigracy should be for the benefit of American workers, not corporations.

"We need to control the admission of new low-earning workers in order to: help wages grow, get teenagers back to work, aid minorities' rise into the middle class, help schools and communities falling behind, and to ensure our immigrant members of the national family become part of the American dream." -- Trump
Trump joins critical mass of other candidates in making LEGAL immigration numbers a big issue | NumbersUSA

01-gun-nut-cartoon.jpg
More mindless nonsense from the village useful idiot.

Trump Plan Calls For Nationwide Concealed Carry And An End To Gun Bans

“Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own,” Trump wrote.

"It’s not a departure from what he’s said on the trail this year, though it does mark a shift from a position he took in his 2000 book “The America We Deserve,” where Trump stated that he generally opposes gun control but that he supported a ban on assault weapons and a longer waiting period to get a gun.

“Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like ‘assault weapons’, ‘military-style weapons’ and ‘high capacity magazines’ to confuse people,” Trump wrote Friday. “What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans.”

"Trump said in the paper he has a concealed carry permit. The permits, which are issued by states, should be valid nationwide like a driver’s license, Trump said.

“If we can do that for driving — which is a privilege, not a right — then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege,” Trump said.

"Trump has apparently had a handgun permit for years; a 1987 Associated Press story said he had one at the time."

Trump is the only GOP candidate that is pushing the gun control bullshit back in the faces of the national Marxist Media. I have to support a man with this kind of courage and conviction.
. Donald Trump has remarkable timing. Hillary is about to announce her gun control measures which involve making gun sellers liable for any miss use of firearms they sell. That's insane and will cause gun shops to go out of business. Which is what liberals want.

Trump Plan Calls For Nationwide Concealed Carry And An End To Gun Bans

“Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own,” Trump wrote.

"It’s not a departure from what he’s said on the trail this year, though it does mark a shift from a position he took in his 2000 book “The America We Deserve,” where Trump stated that he generally opposes gun control but that he supported a ban on assault weapons and a longer waiting period to get a gun.

“Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like ‘assault weapons’, ‘military-style weapons’ and ‘high capacity magazines’ to confuse people,” Trump wrote Friday. “What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans.”

"Trump said in the paper he has a concealed carry permit. The permits, which are issued by states, should be valid nationwide like a driver’s license, Trump said.

“If we can do that for driving — which is a privilege, not a right — then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege,” Trump said.

"Trump has apparently had a handgun permit for years; a 1987 Associated Press story said he had one at the time."

Trump is the only GOP candidate that is pushing the gun control bullshit back in the faces of the national Marxist Media. I have to support a man with this kind of courage and conviction.
. Donald Trump has remarkable timing. Hillary is about to announce her gun control measures which involve making gun sellers liable for any miss use of firearms they sell. That's insane and will cause gun shops to go out of business. Which is what liberals want.

Donald Trump has remarkable timing.

naw he just knows how the libtard brain tics

i hope hillary keeps banging away at 2nd amendment rights

like she did today

saying she would go the executive order route for gun control laws

I am a Black belt, use feet also real men also own guns and actually understand the second amendment. Too bad libtards don't. Kiddo.

No, actually it is a damned good thing.

The far left has its armed thugs too, who are just waiting for the right time to launch their attacks. I have seen them in many places, from DC to Arlington Texas to Hawaii. They have enough radicals who are ready to fight and most of them are gang bangers from central America.

They still wont beat the 14 million + veterans that are like 95% conservative and ready to put those fags in the grave.

Why I would be honored to vote for Donald Trump! {A personal story}

"1) Standard of Excellence and Attention to Detail. I have never in my life before or since, encountered anyone or anything that is as detailed oriented as Donald Trump. His level of perfection and his standard of excellence - is the ultimate form of mastery. This is where his Midas touch comes from, this is his "IT" factor. There were details on the renovation that passed the scrutiny of the world's best architects, supervisors and managers. They would immediately be picked up by Donald Trump. They were corrected immediately and after that correction the job did not only look different, it felt different....
"2) Work Ethic and Tenacity. Like I said, I worked the night shift. Donald Trump himself would check up on the job often. But remember I said the night shift. He would sometimes come as late as 1 am in the morning to monitor the process. He would also show up as early as 6am. He was always present with the same energy level and a wherewithal like no one else I ever met. Never once did I not see him impeccably dressed. Always perfect, always on point, never anything other than excellent. ....
"I know as President, Donald Trump will be fully committed to his task at hand. He breeds success. He enjoys success, success is what makes him tick. It will never end. Donald Trump didn't want to build buildings in New York City. He wants to build the best buildings in the best city in the world. He does not merely want to be President, he wants to be the best President ever, for the best country ever in the history of the world. He will see to it that it gets done. ...
"3) Personality and Image. If I never watched an episode of the Apprentice, if I never read a Tabloid, I would have had a different opinion about Donald Trump. When Donald Trump would come to the job he would interact with all people in a very friendly and personable manner. He would smile, be polite, shake hands, and most importantly give credit where credit was due. He would also without hesitation immediately throw someone off the job if they didn't measure up. Prior to showing up to work. I would have an extra bounce in my step knowing I was being included with the best. I was excited to be a part of a "Donald Trump" project....
"Say what you want about Trump. Maybe you don't like his "ego." I will address that next. However, Trump, the word itself is used to describe a card that beats all others. Trump's personality and image will now be a governing force of the USA. We will now have a President that constantly reminds us, that we are the best, and what is wrong with that....
"4) Egomania, Bankruptcies. and other Controversies. Some people like to call Trump an egomaniac. Why should we fault Trump? Donald Trump is off the charts successful. He is the best. His buildings are the best. Everything he does is the best. He has the right to think highly of himself.
"OK you disagree? Donald Trump may have an oversize ego. Who do you think he will be dealing with on a day to day basis while President? Most leaders in most countries in the world have a ridiculously oversized ego. Do you think Vladmir Putin is not an egomaniac, who would destroy the USA if he could? How about the Islamic Jihadist's? They are hellbent on our annihilation. Donald Trump as President could deal with these guys as well as or even better than the best of them."

Good article and describes a lot of what I am feeling too. This nation can do so much better than it is, especially after a Third World Wannabe Dictator leaves office with the nation in the dump.

Forum List

Back