🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I'm Off the Fence; Going to Support Trump After He Called for National CCW Recognition

GunControlComparisonSwissHonduras_zpsfr6wmkmv.jpg

I cherish my gun and hunting rights. Although I play devil's advocate, I don't care how many CCW permits are issued - so long as they pass universal background checks. However, there is a problem with the UBC database. It's obvious that the NICS database needs to be improved - otherwise, federal background checks don't mean much. The following article contains some good information:

How They Got Their Guns

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

DETAILS: How They Got Their Guns - The New York Times

I cherish my gun and hunting rights. Although I play devil's advocate, I don't care how many CCW permits are issued - so long as they pass universal background checks. However, there is a problem with the UBC database. It's obvious that the NICS database needs to be improved - otherwise, federal background checks don't mean much. The following article contains some good information:

How They Got Their Guns

Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used.

I agree mostly though I do not agree with classifying all cases of PTSD as mentally incompetent and thus failing the background check. This possibility discourages many from getting the help they need, and they suffer needlessly for that.

Also, a person should have a way of asking for a review of their classification to have themselves taken off the mental case list. They could have been put on it erroneously, they may have had a complete recovery, etc.

But also the biggest means of addressing our failure to control gun use and channel it into only legal activities is that the laws on the books are not consistently enforced, if enforced at all in many places.

How They Got Their Guns

I agree mostly though I do not agree with classifying all cases of PTSD as mentally incompetent and thus failing the background check. This possibility discourages many from getting the help they need, and they suffer needlessly for that.

Also, a person should have a way of asking for a review of their classification to have themselves taken off the mental case list. They could have been put on it erroneously, they may have had a complete recovery, etc.

But also the biggest means of addressing our failure to control gun use and channel it into only legal activities is that the laws on the books are not consistently enforced, if enforced at all in many places.

Many judges can be blamed for lack of enforcement. Also, Douglas Country, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin refuses to enforce federal gun control laws.

How They Got Their Guns

Many judges can be blamed for lack of enforcement. Also, Douglas Country, Oregon Sheriff John Hanlin refuses to enforce federal gun control laws.
Yeah, but why? What are the reasons given for the lack of enforcement? They got a feud with the feds?

How They Got Their Guns

Federal gun laws... Waste of time and money. They are about control not saving lives.

See hope and change

How They Got Their Guns

Yeah, but why? What are the reasons given for the lack of enforcement? They got a feud with the feds?

The sheriff is an anti-gun control nut.

letterVPBiden.jpg

Oregon Sheriff no fan of gun control - CNN.com

Forum List

Back