🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 I'm Pretty Sure That This Isn't What God Had In Mind When It Comes To Sex and Marriage

Are you suggesting that self-professed Christians are no longer expected to obey the Law?

Also, why do you think that conservative Evangelicals haven't come out against those types of "reality TV shows?"

No and I have absolutely no idea, but I never said that we had a free pass to sin anywhere in this thread. In fact in post #10 I said the complete opposite.

No and I have absolutely no idea, but I never said that we had a free pass to sin anywhere in this thread. In fact in post #10 I said the complete opposite.
So you do understand how American conservative Evangelicals have compromised their witness, right?

If Christ put us under a better covenant, why on earth would anyone say to Him, "I'd rather have you judge me on how well I keep the 600+ rules/curse you gave the Jews"??? And if you put yourself under one Mosiaic Law then you are expected to keep ALL of them.
From Galatians:
The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." < (and die by them, unless you sacrifice the correct animal in your place regularly, for the sins you committed, according to the law.)
Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?
I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?

The Law keeps your eyes on yourself and your works, and takes your eyes off of Christ. It is a curse. It removes faith and resorts back to your own behavior. God considers your works as fruitless as a menstrual pad. < (filthy rag.) If you are wearing the rag, there is no fruit in the womb.
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith".

If there was a Law that could impart life, then righteousness would have come to us through the Law. No need for a cross. But it works the opposite way:
What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come,
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith
Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Don't worry. If you love your mother and father, you will honor them. If you love your neighbor, you will not steal from him. You will not kill him, you won't have sex with his wife. Because God's Laws will be written in your heart, not on a to do list. Love fulfills the Law.
Don't ask God to become your judge, based on your behavior. Let Him be the loving, constantly forgiving Father He started out being before the Jews boasted they could keep any laws He tossed their way...
Galatians explains it thoroughly... :)

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of sex and marriage as I looked more into this, both my fiancee and I have agreed that the fact that according to the Bible that he's supposed to "own me" is probably just part of the times because we think it's stupid and it sounds too much like being raped if one person wants to have sex and the other doesn't.

Forum List

Back