Imagine if you were told you wouldn’t get your Social Security until you were 100?

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020

It seem the Federal Government has messed up not once but twice on this woman, and being 87 years old I hate to imagine the stress she is under…
When i was working for McDonnell Douglas over in Saudi Arabia, there was talk by the progressives that they were going to steal money from the SS fund to pay for their pet projects, while Hitlery was saying that there needed to be a SS lockbox to keep the funds there. Hitlery lost. There is no lockbox, but a general fund for all income and since the outgoing of government spending exceeds that of the income, it was warned that SS might just go away. So i invested heavily of my $70,000 annual income(tax free) and bought into HD while it was in the 30s and today with it being in the 300s i have increased my fortune 10 times. I rely on myself, and if SS is still there, i will not turn it down, as i have put in 40 years of SS, and those that didnt, shouldnt get shit.

andaronjim

Many people do not have the resources to do what you did, so they rely on Social Security to be their best egg while not understanding Social Security should be your third option in retirement money…

When i was working for McDonnell Douglas over in Saudi Arabia, there was talk by the progressives that they were going to steal money from the SS fund to pay for their pet projects, while Hitlery was saying that there needed to be a SS lockbox to keep the funds there. Hitlery lost. There is no lockbox, but a general fund for all income and since the outgoing of government spending exceeds that of the income, it was warned that SS might just go away. So i invested heavily of my $70,000 annual income(tax free) and bought into HD while it was in the 30s and today with it being in the 300s i have increased my fortune 10 times. I rely on myself, and if SS is still there, i will not turn it down, as i have put in 40 years of SS, and those that didnt, shouldnt get shit.
If anyone has to depend on SSI to eat, they made every financial mistake life could make

I started saving for retirement at 21...lololol

andaronjim

Many people do not have the resources to do what you did, so they rely on Social Security to be their best egg while not understanding Social Security should be your third option in retirement money…
I used the same resources that were available to any able bodied male who joined the services. So are you saying that not too many people were bright enough to think of their future and just listen to Uncle Sugar, that was going to take care of them?

Congress had been stealing from the social security fund to the tune of $500 billion every year for a long time till Obama was elected. He promptly stole $700 billion from it to pay for Obamacare and now they're stealing over a trillion every year to pay for pet projects.

andaronjim

Yes, most average American Males and Females and those that are confused are dumb and you can tell by how they vote…

So the average American does not save properly and then believe the Government should take care of them when they fail…

It seem the Federal Government has messed up not once but twice on this woman, and being 87 years old I hate to imagine the stress she is under…
According to the write up, she isn't get her social security because of a huge debt that may not even be hers to begin with. If she truly does not owe that money, how in the world did it end up on her plate?

God bless you and the lady always!!!

Holly

According to the write up, she isn't get her social security because of a huge debt that may not even be hers to begin with. If she truly does not owe that money, how in the world did it end up on her plate?

Holly
As usual some slacker in the government not double checking the computer glitch as usual and when caught they will claim it was a honest mistake but it never is!

I was born in 1960. It was pretty apparent to me, as an adult, that Social Security would likely not be there when I retired.

Like you, I planned and saved as if that were the only retirement I would have. Now I am retired and will start drawing Social Security next year. But my main source of income is what I put into my 401k and into savings.

Congress had been stealing from the social security fund to the tune of $500 billion every year for a long time till Obama was elected. He promptly stole $700 billion from it to pay for Obamacare and now they're stealing over a trillion every year to pay for pet projects.
and tramp stole and he is continuing the theft, and Bush Jr before that.

Hopefully, they will find out what the problem is and restore her benefits.

and tramp stole and he is continuing the theft, and Bush Jr before that.
Nonsense.
Trump had no authority to steal from the fund. Presidents cannot legally spend a dime without congressional approval.
Congress fought him tooth and nail on everything he did.
On the other hand Obama got away with theft because he was black and calling him a thief is racist.
Obama sent trillions to overseas banks and even sent over $100 billion to Iran claiming it belonged to them anyway.

Sounds like someone used her social and name for student "loans".........more than likely one of her kin btw statistically speaking.

Holly
And to think, Obamacare and other progressive projects are coming to be upon US soon. God help the US to survive the next 2 years.

I was born in 1960. It was pretty apparent to me, as an adult, that Social Security would likely not be there when I retired.

Like you, I planned and saved as if that were the only retirement I would have. Now I am retired and will start drawing Social Security next year. But my main source of income is what I put into my 401k and into savings.
Yet you vote for the very people who want to tax your retirements into oblivion. Maybe you should seek professional help on your mental state.

Pretty sad considering the fact that we both paid in excess of $300,000.00 into the fund that we won't get much return for.
If the fund were to disappear and the FICA tax removed, congress wouldn't have any money. It's a Ponzi scheme.
They've all been robbing us blind for 40+ years.

Yet you vote for the very people who want to tax your retirements into oblivion. Maybe you should seek professional help on your mental state.

You talk as if you know who I voted for.

And taxing my benefits doesn't bother me nearly as much as the federal gov't "borrowing" from Social Security. I put that in quotation marks because borrowing implies paying it back. And no administration, Republican or Democrat, has paid back a dime.

Nonsense.
Trump had no authority to steal from the fund. Presidents cannot legally spend a dime without congressional approval.
Congress fought him tooth and nail on everything he did.
On the other hand Obama got away with theft because he was black and calling him a thief is racist.
Obama sent trillions to overseas banks and even sent over $100 billion to Iran claiming it belonged to them anyway.
that was their money.

Forum List

Back