Immigrants who refuse to assimilate. What should we do with them?

What should we do with Immigrants who refuse to assimilate?

• Does this include Jews?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does this include Americans with diual citizenship?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... Do these immigrants above have to learn English ...in order to successfully make a living for themselves and their family in this country? ....

Everyone needs to learn English if they want to succeed in America.

What's keeping English from becoming the official language that every immigrant must fluently learn, exactly? Ever seen the signs over in California or listen to the language options linked to federal agencies, such as MVA or unemployment?

Jews? Um since when were Jews a threat to anyone but haters assh*les? And, uhhm, other groups, Jews have done a damn fine job of acclimating. I don't see/hear bilingual announcements in English-Hebrew. It's some other language of Latin derivation. I don't hear about violent narco smuggler culture JEWISH crime. Anyone? Me neither. Tilting at the wrong windmill here, gringo.

Jews? Um since when were Jews a threat to anyone but haters assh*les? And, uhhm, other groups, Jews have done a damn fine job of acclimating. I don't see/hear bilingual announcements in English-Hebrew. It's some other language of Latin derivation. I don't hear about violent narco smuggler culture JEWISH crime. Anyone? Me neither. Tilting at the wrong windmill here, gringo.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. All I know is if I were a German, Russian, or of some Asian decent trying to come in this country to make it in the United States, I'd be pissed to think I had to make a harder effort and not simply had those conveniences allotted to me.

Question for the thread....................

We're worrying about those that don't assimilate into this country, and worry that they won't adopt our ideals or way of life, because they are Muslim.

What about the Amish? They don't assimilate, nor do they follow our laws, because they think their way of life is the right way.

Since Amish don't assimilate, should we kick them out of the country as well? Remember, they are a branch of Christianity.
Where do you get this notion that Amish don't follow our laws? They most certainly have to follow the States Laws and the Federal Laws, the only thing they have is freedom of religion. So what laws is it you think they don't follow?

Last edited:
You know, I define assimilation as following the rules of the country or society you are in, learning the native language, and having at least a passing understanding of the political situation there as well.

What should we do if people refuse to assimilate? Well, if they are breaking our laws, they should be treated like any other criminal and put in jail or fined for whatever law they broke.

Criminals also refuse to assimilate in our society, should they be deported as well?

Listen ignorant white dude. An immigrant is never going to assimilate enough to where you people consider them Americans like you.

You'll have to wait for them to have kids. And even their kids will stay connected to their native land. Maybe so will their grandkids. But eventually they will loose that connection to their homeland.

It usually ends when they marry one of your son's or daughters

We're worrying about those that don't assimilate into this country, and worry that they won't adopt our ideals or way of life, because they are Muslim.

What about the Amish? They don't assimilate, nor do they follow our laws, because they think their way of life is the right way.

Since Amish don't assimilate, should we kick them out of the country as well? Remember, they are a branch of Christianity.
Where do you get this notion that Amish don't follow our laws? They most certainly have to follow the States laws and the Federal Laws, the only thing they have is freedom of religion. So what laws is it you think they don't follow?

They don't serve in the military, can't be part of a draft, they don't pay into social security, Medicare, or Medicaid,

I don't see what that has to do with anything. All I know is if I were a German, Russian, or of some Asian decent trying to come in this country to make it in the United States, I'd be pissed to think I had to make a harder effort and not simply had those conveniences allotted to me.
Accents? Wow, you have really deep grasp of this issue. Failure to acclimate...?

Accents? Wow, you have really deep grasp of this issue. Failure to acclimate...?

Actually some do have a failure to acclimate, when we have to give special treatment to one group of immigrants being catered to with phone options offered in their language. I have a lot more respect for those foreigners who come here to be a citizen and actually learn our language, forcing themselves to adapt to our customs without those certain "privileges" being offered to them.

Where do you get this notion that Amish don't follow our laws? They most certainly have to follow the States laws and the Federal Laws, the only thing they have is freedom of religion. So what laws is it you think they don't follow?

They don't serve in the military, can't be part of a draft, they don't pay into social security, Medicare, or Medicaid,
There is no requirement to serve in the military, they still had to register for the draft until recently, now they register under the MVS which is recognized by Selective Service. SS is not a requirement, neither is Medicare or Medicaid if they do not receive payroll checks. The other side of that coin is they can not draw upon those services either.

So I'll ask you again, what laws do they not follow?

Actually some do have a failure to acclimate, when we have to give special treatment to one group of immigrants being catered to with phone options offered in their language. I have a lot more respect for those foreigners who come here to be a citizen and actually learn our language, forcing themselves to adapt to our customs without those certain "privileges" being offered to them.
Just because they may come to live here does not mean they want or need to become citizens, they can remain here as Legal Permanent Residents to which there is also no requirement to learn our language. I think everybody respects foreigners who come here as Legal Residents or to become citizens and they attempt to and learn our language and customs, since that is what they will be inundated with for the rest of their time here.

You know, I define assimilation as following the rules of the country or society you are in, learning the native language, and having at least a passing understanding of the political situation there as well.

What should we do if people refuse to assimilate? Well, if they are breaking our laws, they should be treated like any other criminal and put in jail or fined for whatever law they broke.

Criminals also refuse to assimilate in our society, should they be deported as well?

Listen ignorant white dude. An immigrant is never going to assimilate enough to where you people consider them Americans like you.

You'll have to wait for them to have kids. And even their kids will stay connected to their native land. Maybe so will their grandkids. But eventually they will loose that connection to their homeland.

It usually ends when they marry one of your son's or daughters

Who the fuck do you think you're speaking for, idiot?

Forum List

Back