Immigration Nation on Netflix after failed effort of intimidation to prevent it.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
In 2017 a couple Documentary Filmmakers asked for permission to accompany Immigration officers and be embedded with the ICE agents during raids etc. This was agreed to since it would show off a cornerstone of the Trump Administration's Law and Order deport the illegals activities. Only, it shows much more.

According to reports, the miniseries is not due to be released until August, there are scenes of ICE agents breaking the law. These include lies to gain access to houses without a warrant. Picking locks during raids without a warrant.

Now it apparently shows the ICE agents cheering when they are told to step up the arrests. Not of Murderers and drug dealers and gang members as the Propaganda told us was happening. But of anyone they could find.

So why did the Administration want to block this? Well it might affect the election you see. But the documentary was authorized, and it isn't the fault of the filmmakers what is shown. It is the fault of those doing the bad things. If the Agents had been able to restrain their criminal impulses when the cameras were along, there would be only the propaganda the Administration wanted out there. But they could not. And the truth was not even close to the Propaganda. So they had to threaten and complain and demand to stop the Documentary. Counting down to the Lawsuit in 5... 4...

In 2017 a couple Documentary Filmmakers asked for permission to accompany Immigration officers and be embedded with the ICE agents during raids etc. This was agreed to since it would show off a cornerstone of the Trump Administration's Law and Order deport the illegals activities. Only, it shows much more.

According to reports, the miniseries is not due to be released until August, there are scenes of ICE agents breaking the law. These include lies to gain access to houses without a warrant. Picking locks during raids without a warrant.

Now it apparently shows the ICE agents cheering when they are told to step up the arrests. Not of Murderers and drug dealers and gang members as the Propaganda told us was happening. But of anyone they could find.

So why did the Administration want to block this? Well it might affect the election you see. But the documentary was authorized, and it isn't the fault of the filmmakers what is shown. It is the fault of those doing the bad things. If the Agents had been able to restrain their criminal impulses when the cameras were along, there would be only the propaganda the Administration wanted out there. But they could not. And the truth was not even close to the Propaganda. So they had to threaten and complain and demand to stop the Documentary. Counting down to the Lawsuit in 5... 4...

So who is Immigration and Customs Enforcement really going after?

Also, whatever ICE was caught doing illegally, we need to know, I’m sure this has been going on for decades, not just Trump. We also need to make sure our government works inside the law.

As far as ICE doing their jobs and keeping illegal activities and people in check, I have no problem.

Also, whatever ICE was caught doing illegally, we need to know, I’m sure this has been going on for decades, not just Trump. We also need to make sure our government works inside the law.

As far as ICE doing their jobs and keeping illegal activities and people in check, I have no problem.

One of the correct IMO arguments against Reparations is that I have never owned a slave. My Parents did not, my Grand Parents didn't. My Great Grandparents were immigrants, well after the Civil War. We never owned slaves. My ancestors came from Norway and England, primarily. They weren't rich, and they were not powerful. So blaming me, or my family, for Slavery is a little nonsensical.

I can't fix what happened before. I can't go back in time and correct a wrong. I can stop it now, and keep it from happening again. Ever again. And that is what we have to do regarding the abuses by police. We can stop it from happening again. We can punish those who are doing it NOW. We can hold those who are doing it accountable. Now, arguing it has always happened, is certainly true. But that doesn't make it right.

Another example. The Brady Rule violations that caused the Government to drop the charges against Flynn. Those who wanted him punished argued that those violations happen all the time. They shouldn't. We have a systemic problem we need to fix. We have wrongs we can right, but before we get to those, we have to address the problems now. We need to stop it.

Imagine if a patient arrived in the Emergency Room bleeding badly from a cut. Nobody puts a bandage on the cut because it was bleeding before he got there. The first thing is obvious. Stop the bleeding. Stop the problem from getting any worse. What happened before matters, but far less than stopping it now.

What you are saying is we should immediately start trying to affix blame because nobody bandaged the guy before he got there. Well, that isn't going to save the patient. That may affix some blame to a fellow, but it will not do us any good going forward.

One of the correct IMO arguments against Reparations is that I have never owned a slave. My Parents did not, my Grand Parents didn't. My Great Grandparents were immigrants, well after the Civil War. We never owned slaves. My ancestors came from Norway and England, primarily. They weren't rich, and they were not powerful. So blaming me, or my family, for Slavery is a little nonsensical.

I can't fix what happened before. I can't go back in time and correct a wrong. I can stop it now, and keep it from happening again. Ever again. And that is what we have to do regarding the abuses by police. We can stop it from happening again. We can punish those who are doing it NOW. We can hold those who are doing it accountable. Now, arguing it has always happened, is certainly true. But that doesn't make it right.

Another example. The Brady Rule violations that caused the Government to drop the charges against Flynn. Those who wanted him punished argued that those violations happen all the time. They shouldn't. We have a systemic problem we need to fix. We have wrongs we can right, but before we get to those, we have to address the problems now. We need to stop it.

Imagine if a patient arrived in the Emergency Room bleeding badly from a cut. Nobody puts a bandage on the cut because it was bleeding before he got there. The first thing is obvious. Stop the bleeding. Stop the problem from getting any worse. What happened before matters, but far less than stopping it now.

What you are saying is we should immediately start trying to affix blame because nobody bandaged the guy before he got there. Well, that isn't going to save the patient. That may affix some blame to a fellow, but it will not do us any good going forward.

I'm not sure how we ended up talking about reparations, the Brady bill and Emergency rooms, I thought we were talking about ICE.

“Although the project was approved by ICE leadership, the Trump administration sought to block the release of the final product until after the 2020 election — and to prevent the release of certain segments altogether.” ibid

Trump has as much contempt for the First Amendment as he does the rule of law.

The state seeking to silence journalists critical of the government is the fundamental reason why the Framers codified freedom of the press in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back