🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Immigration 'Reform' Bill Raises H1-B Visa Limit to 180,000

You free trade zealots are a bunch of fucking hypocrits. Yeah, you want free immigration to lower the wage scales, mean time the corporations have Congress putting laws in place that shelter them from foreign competition.

I know a guy that worked in India with the US State Department, and when he was told he was being sent back to the US he went out and bought a hole house full of teak furniture; 3 bedrooms, a living room, dining room and a library of all teak furniture and paid less than $1000 USD for it all. He then had it shipped home to America in diplomatic moving cargo bins.

What would happen to the rest of us if we did that? We would get busted for evading tariffs the corporations like Sears have in place to keep US citizens from going over seas and buying all that stuff at local prices.

So while corporations can shit-can our wages, we cant shit-can their fucking prices for anything.

You guys are being idiots.

No... our colleague JimBowie is correct.

We do not need one more H-1B visa coming into the country at this time.

Never mind 180,000 of them.

This is not about the pool of native/resident American talent.

This is about money.

And suppressing wages in various specialties.

And its impact upon Middle American workers and their families.

This is about corporate greed.

And the culpability of the US Federal Government in allowing that to continue to ravage the Middle Class, unchecked.

Last edited:
And in the next post you're going to bitch about all the unskilled, uneducated illegal immigrants here, right? Big picture time, champ.

And in the next post you're going to bitch about all the unskilled, uneducated illegal immigrants here, right? Big picture time, champ.
Of course.

Because we have 12,000,000 Illegal Aliens in this country already who, like a plague of locusts, low-ball American Workers and both steal jobs and depress wages in trades and specialties in which American Workers could formerly earn a decent living at a higher wage.

Oh, and, you've already gotten the Big Picture from me.

The undercutting of American Workers and the depressing of wages in a variety of American trades and professions and specialties and disciplines is doing vast and great harm to the American Working Class.

That is the Biggest Picture that is truly at stake here.

That is the Picture which signifies most.

The well-being of Americans and their families.

Other than profiteers and business owners taking advantage of this bargain-basement labor pool, and cold, calculating macro-economists who do not factor-in the human cost in their crystal-ball projections, I cannot imagine any American with any loyalty and care for his fellow countrymen, supporting either the Invasion of the 12,000,000, or more bargain-basement MBAs and MSEs, over the retraining and reequipping of his fellow countrymen.

Last edited:
A friend runs IT for a small non-profit. He has had a bitch of a time trying to find decent programmers.

A friend runs IT for a small non-profit. He has had a bitch of a time trying to find decent programmers.
That's odd... I spent years (in recent times) running IT for two very large nonprofits... on both the national and large-metro-area scales... and I have never had such troubles, with finding programmers, database analysts, web designers, network engineers, network admins, IT help-desk and machine-repair and cabling folk, etc. - and all of them Americans.

Your friend is either living in one of those rare talent-poor regions or he-or-she is looking in all the wrong places or paying dirt-cheap wages on a threadbare nonprofit budget.

Last edited:
It's a city of 200k with multiple universities. Pay isn't great but it is competitive with government. He had to bring in a semi- talented guy from another city who wound up staying for a few months before returning. He's had all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
It's a city of 200k with multiple universities. Pay isn't great but it is competitive with government. He had to bring in a semi- talented guy from another city who wound up staying for a few months before returning. He's had all sorts of problems.
I guess I've been spoiled living in the Chicago metro area with some 8,000,000 people across the City and the 'collar counties'.

I highlighted what I see as your friend's problems.

Change the latter and those problems go away.

Last edited:
I guess I've been spoiled living in the Chicago metro area with some 8,000,000 people across the City and the 'collar counties'.

Neither solves the problem.

The local economy is primarily government. Government doesn't pay because taxpayers think government employees shouldn't earn high private-sector salaries.

Neither solves the problem.

The local economy is primarily government. Government doesn't pay because taxpayers think government employees shouldn't earn high private-sector salaries.

That is, indeed, a third problem.

And, of course, it has always been thus with government.

Then again - fairly or unfairly - government does not have a stereotypical reputation for attracting the best and brightest talent.

Many a good project or program has been ruined by too much hands-on, on the part of some civil-service slug or another.

There are a great many good and motivated and sincere and damned hard-working people in government service.

There are also a great many slugs and calendar-watchers and clock-watchers and time-servers and pension-leaches who wouldn't lift a finger or go one iota beyond their job description.

But back to your friend's problem...

Happily, programming is something that can oftentimes be done remotely, nowadays.

If true in this instance, perhaps that helps to crack things wide-open a bit.

Tele-conference and/or video-conference calls to bring the hired-gun up to speed on requirements, then letting the programmer have-at-it, remotely, with appropriate quality and payment controls to ensure it's done right.

Also, the nonprofit sector has several consortia for obtaining both short and long-term technology expertise, so, if your friend's business or mission focus is not too far out in the stratosphere, chances are, your friend can find talent through one of those channels.

Also, don't rule out partnering with relevant companies, if the NPO's mission is sufficiently appealing, and the project lends itself to such, and Company A or B is on the lookout for a community-service project.

Also, don't rule out the Universities own IT Departments as a source of REFERRALS for recruiting local or other relevant talent.

One or more of those ideas may (or may not) prove to be of some use as a starting-point for your friend in his quest for programming talent.

Last edited:
Yeah, actually looking at our IT people what is happening is what you are saying, so you are correct. I work for an Environmental/Civil engineering firm and when it comes to the non Computer/IT engineering people we are always short.

Maybe 1B's need to be restricted to non IT high skilled, or maybe better defined. I dont want our need for engineers to be used to mess up american IT jobs.

H1B by definition are the jobs Americans do not fill. otherwise you can not get the labor department blessing and your employer can not petition for you.

Salaries are the same as Americans get - that is the law.

It is not IT jobs only - a big number of resident physicians in specialties and in residencies where Americans do not want to be are filled by H1B holders from all over the world.

Most of the internal medicine programs in so-called "malignant" residencies in NYC, Chicago. LA are filled by H1B holders.

Yeah, actually looking at our IT people what is happening is what you are saying, so you are correct. I work for an Environmental/Civil engineering firm and when it comes to the non Computer/IT engineering people we are always short.

Maybe 1B's need to be restricted to non IT high skilled, or maybe better defined. I dont want our need for engineers to be used to mess up american IT jobs.

H1B by definition are the jobs Americans do not fill. otherwise you can not get the labor department blessing and your employer can not petition for you.

Salaries are the same as Americans get - that is the law.

It is not IT jobs only - a big number of resident physicians in specialties and in residencies where Americans do not want to be are filled by H1B holders from all over the world.

Most of the internal medicine programs in so-called "malignant" residencies in NYC, Chicago. LA are filled by H1B holders.

Vox you have swallowed the official line, but that isn't how it really is.

If the law were followed then companies couldn't have their American staff train their H1-B replacements then get fired. It happens all the fucking time. And of course the H1-Bs get paid a hell of a lot less, are you kidding me?

Who the fuck are you to judge any damned body's talent?
Someone who's been in the industry for 20 years.

Management then, so you are one of those sleeze-balls who advance themselves with practices that are good for you personally but fuck the whole rest of the country.

Your time will come, bitch.

THE LAW SAYS THEY HAVE TO BE FOR AN INDUSTRY WHITH HIGH DEMAND AND THAT HAS ALREADY EXHAUSTED US TALENT.
You're probably still assuming you are talent.

I have awards from people I have worked for, and I am currently making a decent amount of money in my chosen career field.

But the internet is full of self-proclaimed talents.

It's the people like you who slip their mask and let the world know what a fucking jerk you are under the mask that is the real deal.

Enjoy your life. There are people who are tracking this who does what when where and how, and they have no sense of humor. And they do not forget. And they are getting stronger by the day.

As I said, your time will come, not by me, of course, just consider this a heads up. So if you are just yanking my chain, well, just keep in mind all the posts you make will be searchable till the end of Western civilization and afterwards.

Plenty of time for the Jacobins to build their case on you. And I am no Jacobin.

?????????????????????

Now this weirdo who wants US immigration policy to be all about his own personal weakness is casting bizarre threats?

Somebody's off their meds...

?????????????????????

Now this weirdo who wants US immigration policy to be all about his own personal weakness is casting bizarre threats?

Somebody's off their meds...

lol, I did not make a threat, I simply described a threat.

I know for a fact that there are a great number of people who are what can best be described as Jacobins who look forward to eating the rich, almost literally. These people hate the wealthy, especially the mercenary immigrants who have come here lately and take high end jobs.

I cannot imagine that they are not tracking who is naughty and nice from their perspective.

So don't shoot the messenger, lol.

As to economic and immigration policy goes, I think my time is about done, and so it isn't about me. It is about the kind of economy that I leave behind me to future American generations, and if people like you have their way I think there will be nothing left but a wasteland.

"...Most of the internal medicine programs in so-called 'malignant' residencies in NYC, Chicago. LA are filled by H1B holders."

This is an excellent observation.

However, rather than continuing to prop-up 'malignant residencies', would it not be best to cure the malignancy, and begin making it more attractive for our own peeps to engage?

Throwing H1B Folk at the problem merely buys the malignancy more time to dig-in like a tic and become (or continue as) an perpetual and institutional and accepted state of affairs, which, in the long run, is neither healthy, nor in the best interests of the nation and its People.

Last edited:
Management then, so you are one of those sleeze-balls who advance themselves with practices that are good for you personally but fuck the whole rest of the country.
No I'm not management, I'm a software developer.

Your time will come, bitch.
I'm not sure what this means.

I have awards from people I have worked for, and I am currently making a decent amount of money in my chosen career field.
Someone who calls themselves marginal, doubts they will ever get another job, and blames it on H1 allotments isn't likely very talented. Talented people can usually find work and they know it.

Enjoy your life. There are people who are tracking this who does what when where and how, and they have no sense of humor. And they do not forget. And they are getting stronger by the day.
Thanks, will do best to enjoy my life. Going to hang out on patio with wife tonight and sip beers, read the kindle.

Forum List

Back