🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Immigration 'Reform' Bill Raises H1-B Visa Limit to 180,000

by your response it is clear you do not know what is considered malignant residency :D

I suggest you check out what it is. Location of the hospital might give you a clue. Those hospitals which train residents would not be able to function without them.

You are correct. I have never encountered the term before.

I assumed that we were talking about overworked inner city hospitals who lean on Residents like some businesses lean on business interns - and I seem to have hit close to the mark, using simple deductive reasoning, and winging-it, rather than looking it up.

You're still talking about Wages and Appeal and Incentives - or the lack thereof.

Correct the deficiencies - especially with respect to Wages and Incentives - and you attract more American students into such programming and specialities, yes?

That' doesn't mean that there's no room for foreign students or clinicians.

It just means that we should not continue to allow ourselves to be dependent upon them in such large quantities on a regular and ongoing basis.

you missed the main point - ALL residents, Americans or immigrants are payed THE SAME - they are basically employed by the government ( not directly, but to simplify).
Business incentives do not work in that system.

You can not correct the deficiencies - if American medical graduates consider internal medicine as a specialty not to be cost-beneficiary, they will not choose it. If American medical graduate does not want to go to residency program in an inner city ghetto hospital - they would not go there.

Still those positions have to be filled and the job has to be done. The unfilled positions by Americans are filled by immigrants.

lol, this is hilarious.

You really think that if the salaries and benefits weren't good enough no American would take those jobs?

Shit, I guess we deserve to be impoverished for having so many things distracting us from defending our own interests.

Did you even watch either of the videos or read any of the links?

:doubt:

All this "path to citizenship" talk for people who entered this country illegally. We should shorten the path for people who want to come here LEGALLY, who bring useful skills and positive cultural practices and who work hard and within the rules.

Illegal immigration is a problem, and those who are here illegally shouldn't be. But some people are clearly just opposed to immigration in general (ignorant, un-American people) and should have the backbone to come out and say so directly so they can be set straight, or given the disdain they are due.

The H1-B program is a problem in and of itself because the fucking crooks are into it now and they are running roughshod over the working class.

As the videos demonstrate, the whole thing is crooked from top to bottom.

Maybe you and JoeB can get together and bemoan the fact that the workers of the world haven't united behind your banner yet. You, like him, are just projecting your own weakness.

The day will come when an angry generation of Americans will take back what has been stolen from them, but it will first require that we heal the artificial divisions the corporate owned media has put into the American work force to divide us against ourselves.

Are you sharpening your pitchfork, or just hoping that blowing smoke out your ass will be weapon enough in your fantasy scenario?

All this "path to citizenship" talk for people who entered this country illegally. We should shorten the path for people who want to come here LEGALLY, who bring useful skills and positive cultural practices and who work hard and within the rules.

Illegal immigration is a problem, and those who are here illegally shouldn't be. But some people are clearly just opposed to immigration in general (ignorant, un-American people) and should have the backbone to come out and say so directly so they can be set straight, or given the disdain they are due.

It is a very long, expensive and arduous process to become a citizen. I believe it is a competitive disadvantage.

Lol, you are a fool, dumbshit.

But you cant say no one warned ya.
Thanks for the warning then, it is much appreciated.

When talentless hacks with mental issues who blame their misfortunes on the H1B visa demon warn me about the watchers who are noting what I saw on message boards and will someday eat me, I take it seriously.

You are correct. I have never encountered the term before.

I assumed that we were talking about overworked inner city hospitals who lean on Residents like some businesses lean on business interns - and I seem to have hit close to the mark, using simple deductive reasoning, and winging-it, rather than looking it up.

You're still talking about Wages and Appeal and Incentives - or the lack thereof.

Correct the deficiencies - especially with respect to Wages and Incentives - and you attract more American students into such programming and specialities, yes?

That' doesn't mean that there's no room for foreign students or clinicians.

It just means that we should not continue to allow ourselves to be dependent upon them in such large quantities on a regular and ongoing basis.

you missed the main point - ALL residents, Americans or immigrants are payed THE SAME - they are basically employed by the government ( not directly, but to simplify).

You can not correct the deficiencies - if American medical graduates consider internal medicine as a specialty not to be cost-beneficiary, they will not choose it. If American medical graduate does not want to go to residency program in an inner city ghetto hospital - they would not go there.

Still those positions have to be filled and the job has to be done. The unfilled positions by Americans are filled by immigrants.

lol, this is hilarious.

You really think that if the salaries and benefits weren't good enough no American would take those jobs?

Shit, I guess we deserve to be impoverished for having so many things distracting us from defending our own interests.

I do not have to THINK and rely on some dumb videos - I KNOW. Both the immigration law and the situation from inside.

Seems like illegals in the count of 12 million do not bother you at all, but highly skilled professionals who ARE paying all taxes ( otherwise your immigration process can not be completed) and are very beneficiary to the society in the amount of 180K per year cause severe heartburn.

The question is - WHY?

Last edited:

It is a very long, expensive and arduous process to become a citizen. I believe it is a competitive disadvantage.

it is not that long, reasonably expensive( affordable for ANY immigrant, otherwise immigration lawyers would not survive) and a secure path to citizenship.

The cost is about 5-20K ( very dependent on your profession and the willingness of your employer to sponsor you) in a 2-3 year frame( often much shorter now, depends on location) to obtain your green card. Citizenship is 5 years after that.

Vox you have swallowed the official line, but that isn't how it really is.

If the law were followed then companies couldn't have their American staff train their H1-B replacements then get fired. It happens all the fucking time. And of course the H1-Bs get paid a hell of a lot less, are you kidding me?

it is the reality and it how it really IS. you are posting a bunch of nonsense which does not holds together at all.

I have been on H1B myself. And I know the process from the very beginning.

And have TONS of friends and just people I know that have been on it as well. Nobody is payed less than Americans and nobody took the job from American - it is against the law - and no stupid company will fire an American to get sued for millions if they hire an H1B visa holder instead - that can be easily checked. Do you remember that we live in a society which does EVERYTHING through a lawsuit?

The jobs were unfilled. the salaries are the same ( unless we are talking about the low-end jobs like nannies, caregivers, etc, but they still have to provide an income above poverty level to be eligible for adjustment of status - and that is an ultimate goal of being on H1B)

Lol, you are hopeless, but for the sake of the lurkers out there:

H-1B Skilled-Worker Visas Under Fire | @pritheworld

So, why does the US need to import labor for this lower-skilled work? Matloff says it has to do with wages and immobility. He argues that since employers sponsor H-1Bs visas, foreigners have a limited ability to negotiate higher salaries or switch jobs. If they do manage to change employers, it means they must restart any green card applications. Matloff says these realities “handcuff” H-1B visa holders to their employers.

Ardit Bajraktari, a 32-year-old from Albania, has another phrase for it: indentured servitude.

Bajraktari is a highly sought after mobile developer in Silicon Valley. He has been programming software for mobile phones since the early 2000s, back when touch screens were still the sci-fi fantasies of Star Trek fans.

Like many programmers in the Bay Area, Bajraktari has hopped around—working at places like MobiTV, Yammer, and Amazon. “If you want to keep your skill set up to date,” he says, “you have to move companies.”

But unlike his US co-workers, every time Bajraktari switches jobs he loses his visa sponsorship and risks deportation. “It’s like you have a sword on your neck,” he says, “you have to find a job.”....

Salaries can also get complicated. Because the company controls the visa process, employees can feel forced to remain silent about unequal pay or else risk their immigration status. It happened to Bajraktari at his first job, and it’s happening to Steve now. “I’m being paid less,” he says, “which sucks for me, and it also sucks for American developers because I am a threat to them. I am cheaper.”

Steve requested not to use his real name. If he is fired, he could be deported back to the UK. He says that not long after signing on to California software firm, he noticed that he was paid 10 to 20 percent less than his American co-workers doing the same job. “Maybe it’s just naivety on my part,” he says, “but definitely feel like they low-balled me and I was just like, ‘Oh, sure, okay.”

Norm Matloff says the first reform for H-1Bs should be to ensure that foreign employees receive competitive salaries, high enough to prove that companies need them. Matloff also advocates to end the handcuffing. Bajraktari agrees. “The H-1B holder should be able to do the green card petition himself, so you’re not the slave of your company,” he says.

In the meantime, Bajraktari is once again looking for a new employer.

what a bunch of baloney LOL

if all those losers have been hopping from company to company starting in the arly 2000 and STILL did not get their green card, then they are not that "brilliant" after all or have major communication problem.
You might encounter a fraudulent employer ONCE ( bad luck) but if that happens as a system - something is wrong with YOU.

And, btw, the guy is lying - you can not be on H1B more than 6 years - you either have to leave the country or adjust your status.

So just by time frame - the stories are not reliable.

=============

As I thought - a bunch of media "shocker stories" which, if one wants to do REAL investigation, will turn out to be something totally different

Last edited:

It most certainly is.

Lol, you are a fool, dumbshit.

But you cant say no one warned ya.
Thanks for the warning then, it is much appreciated.

When talentless hacks with mental issues who blame their misfortunes on the H1B visa demon warn me about the watchers who are noting what I saw on message boards and will someday eat me, I take it seriously.

No you won't, lol, you are too fucking greedy, and greedy men are well known to pursue the last copper and lose their lives in the attempt they are so greedy.

You are your own worst curse, and the Jacobins will just be chickens coming home to roost, dipshit.

It most certainly is.

Good then they should go home and leave room for people who want to come here to be citizens, even though the H1-B is not an immigration visa, it is the foot in the door.

it is the reality and it how it really IS. you are posting a bunch of nonsense which does not holds together at all.

I have been on H1B myself. And I know the process from the very beginning.

And have TONS of friends and just people I know that have been on it as well. Nobody is payed less than Americans and nobody took the job from American - it is against the law - and no stupid company will fire an American to get sued for millions if they hire an H1B visa holder instead - that can be easily checked. Do you remember that we live in a society which does EVERYTHING through a lawsuit?

The jobs were unfilled. the salaries are the same ( unless we are talking about the low-end jobs like nannies, caregivers, etc, but they still have to provide an income above poverty level to be eligible for adjustment of status - and that is an ultimate goal of being on H1B)

Lol, you are hopeless, but for the sake of the lurkers out there:

H-1B Skilled-Worker Visas Under Fire | @pritheworld

So, why does the US need to import labor for this lower-skilled work? Matloff says it has to do with wages and immobility. He argues that since employers sponsor H-1Bs visas, foreigners have a limited ability to negotiate higher salaries or switch jobs. If they do manage to change employers, it means they must restart any green card applications. Matloff says these realities “handcuff” H-1B visa holders to their employers.

Ardit Bajraktari, a 32-year-old from Albania, has another phrase for it: indentured servitude.

Bajraktari is a highly sought after mobile developer in Silicon Valley. He has been programming software for mobile phones since the early 2000s, back when touch screens were still the sci-fi fantasies of Star Trek fans.

Like many programmers in the Bay Area, Bajraktari has hopped around—working at places like MobiTV, Yammer, and Amazon. “If you want to keep your skill set up to date,” he says, “you have to move companies.”

But unlike his US co-workers, every time Bajraktari switches jobs he loses his visa sponsorship and risks deportation. “It’s like you have a sword on your neck,” he says, “you have to find a job.”....

Salaries can also get complicated. Because the company controls the visa process, employees can feel forced to remain silent about unequal pay or else risk their immigration status. It happened to Bajraktari at his first job, and it’s happening to Steve now. “I’m being paid less,” he says, “which sucks for me, and it also sucks for American developers because I am a threat to them. I am cheaper.”

Steve requested not to use his real name. If he is fired, he could be deported back to the UK. He says that not long after signing on to California software firm, he noticed that he was paid 10 to 20 percent less than his American co-workers doing the same job. “Maybe it’s just naivety on my part,” he says, “but definitely feel like they low-balled me and I was just like, ‘Oh, sure, okay.”

Norm Matloff says the first reform for H-1Bs should be to ensure that foreign employees receive competitive salaries, high enough to prove that companies need them. Matloff also advocates to end the handcuffing. Bajraktari agrees. “The H-1B holder should be able to do the green card petition himself, so you’re not the slave of your company,” he says.

In the meantime, Bajraktari is once again looking for a new employer.

what a bunch of baloney LOL

if all those losers have been hopping from company to company starting in the arly 2000 and STILL did not get their green card, then they are not that "brilliant" after all or have major communication problem.
You might encounter a fraudulent employer ONCE ( bad luck) but if that happens as a system - something is wrong with YOU.

And, btw, the guy is lying - you can not be on H1B more than 6 years - you either have to leave the country or adjust your status.

So just by time frame - the stories are not reliable.

=============

As I thought - a bunch of media "shocker stories" which, if one wants to do REAL investigation, will turn out to be something totally different

Wow, you are so determined to not believe the Truth about theH1-B visa program you will just dismiss it all as 'not reliable'!

Which of the half- dozen sources I gave were not reliable? All of them? Wow, what are the odds? Of course, you find them reliable for one reason only; you don't want to believe it.

Even the videos by Dobbs and one of the sheister lawyers that gave tips on how to cheat the system wont persuade you?

ROFLMAO!

pathetic

lol, this is hilarious.

I do not have to THINK and rely on some dumb videos - I KNOW.

Lol, you are hopeless.

Yeah, the corporations aren't interested in FORMER indentured servants, they want current indentured servants.

Of course, they would really prefer slaves, but they cant get quite there just yet, lol.

Wow, you are so determined to not believe the Truth about theH1-B visa program you will just dismiss it all as 'not reliable'!

Which of the half- dozen sources I gave were not reliable? All of them? Wow, what are the odds? Of course, you find them reliable for one reason only; you don't want to believe it.

Even the videos by Dobbs and one of the sheister lawyers that gave tips on how to cheat the system wont persuade you?

ROFLMAO!

pathetic

because they are NOT reliable.

shuster lawyers video is doctored to fit the agenda.

it is bs.

you know what is also BS ( it is a totally different area but it is also about immigration - it just proves you how much BS is around)?
It is the claim about a DREAM act and media jumping all around it - let's give path to legalization all those illegal children, now adults who serve in the US military!!!

One can not join the military if one is not a legal permanent resident - check the military eligibility. So how the heck such a provision which is nonsensical gets to be trumped all over the media and even gets to the proposed law?

Same crap here.

I don't know who and why are spewing these lies, since the amount of the H1B visas is miniscule in the whole pool of immigration problems ( and those are not the IT only jobs, BTW) - 65K for the last several years and in it's full bloom during Bush years when unemployment was 5% it was never higher than 450K per year.
and a big number of those visas goes to workers like nannies and caregivers - which most certainly are not the highly fought after by Americans.

H1B visas are issued for those who filled the positions unfilled and undesired by Americans.
Sure, there can be some fraud on the sideways - for example an employer does not want to pay for your process and you have to pay yourself ( it's illegal, but it happens all the time).

But telling that somebody has to hop from one job to another for the last 10 minimum and complaining "poor me" ( and media running with it) - is pure bullshit, since nobody can be on H1B more than 6 years - it's the law.

So forgive me, that I call the links baloney.

I just know the law and the situation not from the perspective of sensationalist journalists and naive public.

Last edited:
No you won't, lol, you are too fucking greedy, and greedy men are well known to pursue the last copper and lose their lives in the attempt they are so greedy.
You're again making things up as you go along, just like your "you are management" line of attack from earlier that was equally nonsensical. I'm just a another tech worker doing my thing punching the clock, you seem to be relating anyone who isn't some despairing flailing displacement loser like yourself as wealthy and greedy.

You are your own worst curse, and the Jacobins will just be chickens coming home to roost, dipshit.
Noted, your tin-hat secret society who watches all posts on message boards will have observed my disdain for your blaming visa quotas for your insecurities and will come eat me someday. Do they have a mental health forum here for you?

I submit since you said you're making good money and win awards (lol) the Jacobins will be coming for you, perhaps they'll eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

It most certainly is.

Good then they should go home and leave room for people who want to come here to be citizens, even though the H1-B is not an immigration visa, it is the foot in the door.

Do you even know what you are talking about anymore, or have you completely lost it?

News : H1B Visa ? Immigration Reform 2013 ? Cap Increase 65K to 110K ? Passes Senate Judiciary committee

◾The annual H1B Visas cap for highly skilled workers will be increased from 65,000 per year to 110,000 per year.
◾The advanced degree H1B cap for STEM degree holders from US schools, will be increased from 20,000 to 25,000 visas.
◾There are provisions mentioned in the bill that the H1B cap could be potentially increased to 180,000 per year, if there is extreme demand for highly skilled workers that fiscal year.

The weasel word 'extreme' is a loophole that the IT companies will drive a MAc truck through and EVERY year will be an extreme year.

I remember when almost every IT guy I met was a Republican. Now, very few will have that parties name associated with them.

Who looks out for the interests of American workers any more? No one.

Its not just IT. I'm an Engineer and I like working with people here on H1-B visas. We dont produce enough engineering grads, and the H1-B's pick up the slack. The ones from countries with English based education systems, in particular, are excellent.

And I find alot of the engineers I see on H1-B's to be very conservative. Its the reason they often leave thier home countries in the first place (or one of the reasons)

IT, of course may be different.

Oh yeah? What country of origin are most of these workers?

News : H1B Visa ? Immigration Reform 2013 ? Cap Increase 65K to 110K ? Passes Senate Judiciary committee

The weasel word 'extreme' is a loophole that the IT companies will drive a MAc truck through and EVERY year will be an extreme year.

I remember when almost every IT guy I met was a Republican. Now, very few will have that parties name associated with them.

Who looks out for the interests of American workers any more? No one.

Its not just IT. I'm an Engineer and I like working with people here on H1-B visas. We dont produce enough engineering grads, and the H1-B's pick up the slack. The ones from countries with English based education systems, in particular, are excellent.

And I find alot of the engineers I see on H1-B's to be very conservative. Its the reason they often leave thier home countries in the first place (or one of the reasons)

IT, of course may be different.

Oh yeah? What country of origin are most of these workers?

lol, 1. India, 2. China, 3. ????

Forum List

Back