Immigration... Whats wrong with the GOP?

The GOP is supposed to be the job friendly party that promotes free enterprise... When it comes to illegal immigration why is nobody proposing a way to create jobs and put 11 million immigrants to work? We have a tremendous opportunity to kickstart our industries and the workforce available to do it. Why not utilize it? Why does nobody explore this avenue instead of wasting years and billions of dollars fighting to send them back and shrink our economic potential?

They're stupid is what is wrong with them. There are 10K babyboomers entering Social Security/Medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 12 years. This results in another 87 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Back in the 50's the average family size was 4 kids, over the last several decades family sizes reduced to 2 or less kids.

IOW--There are not enough younger working people in this country to support these funds, and the Reich wing of the Republican party is too stupid enough to realize that we have to have immigration reform to keep those Social Security checks rolling in.

Here is a great article on the mentality of a Trump supporter, and why economists have stated immigration is GOOD to keep this economy going.
Column: Trump exploits rational political ignorance

Social Security isn't going to be kept afloat by Third World Immigrants making shit wages.

All we will do is buy a little time at the cost of vastly decreasing Social Capital and Cohesion.
And when the crunch comes anyways, we will be less able to with the crisis.

Do the math.. Even 4 million shit wage illegals paying into SS/Medicare is about $4Bill per year. SS real cash flow has already gone in the red since 2010.. That's ain't kibble. Partly the reason no one wants to acknowledge that the crisis is NOW !!!!

And adding people to grow that crisis does what, exactly? Kick the can down the road until the entire ponzi scheme becomes unmanageable?

Mark

The GOP is supposed to be the job friendly party that promotes free enterprise... When it comes to illegal immigration why is nobody proposing a way to create jobs and put 11 million immigrants to work? We have a tremendous opportunity to kickstart our industries and the workforce available to do it. Why not utilize it? Why does nobody explore this avenue instead of wasting years and billions of dollars fighting to send them back and shrink our economic potential?

They're stupid is what is wrong with them. There are 10K babyboomers entering Social Security/Medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 12 years. This results in another 87 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Back in the 50's the average family size was 4 kids, over the last several decades family sizes reduced to 2 or less kids.

IOW--There are not enough younger working people in this country to support these funds, and the Reich wing of the Republican party is too stupid enough to realize that we have to have immigration reform to keep those Social Security checks rolling in.

Here is a great article on the mentality of a Trump supporter, and why economists have stated immigration is GOOD to keep this economy going.

Social Security isn't going to be kept afloat by Third World Immigrants making shit wages.

All we will do is buy a little time at the cost of vastly decreasing Social Capital and Cohesion.

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US, transcontinental transportation to make shipping and commerce faster and cheaper, increase and improve our water and agriculture systems, build industry that will increase exports... There are so many things that could create jobs, raise our GDP, bring people out of the shadows, off entitlements, and actually grow/improve our country. This conversation has been focused on all the wrong things

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US,

Of course, expensive, unreliable energy is a sure way to boost our economy.
It's like talking to stubborn children... So propose an idea that will boost our economy and improve our country. I'm proposing an discussion of ideas, a change in thinking. The best businesses are those that have the least amount of waste. If illegal immigrants and our unemployed are considered the "waste "then we are better off finding ways to utilize the waste to everybodies advantage rather than spending a ton of time and energy trying to throw it away

You think it's so easy, so why can't you propose it? It's your idea, so show us all how easy it is. For that matter, if it's so easy, then why aren't you rich? Why can't you personally provide all these new jobs? Trump provides thousands of jobs in this country, but even he doesn't think it's possible to employ all these people without penalizing Americans.

Immigrants aren't considered "waste." They are considered to be invaders who take American jobs.

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US, transcontinental transportation to make shipping and commerce faster and cheaper, increase and improve our water and agriculture systems, build industry that will increase exports... There are so many things that could create jobs, raise our GDP, bring people out of the shadows, off entitlements, and actually grow/improve our country. This conversation has been focused on all the wrong things

Wind and solar farms won't increase jobs. They destroy jobs. They are boondoggles that increase taxes and increase the cost of energy. Both those things destroy jobs.

What do you propose to make shipping and commerce cheaper other than more government boondoggles that never give a return on investment? If there was industry that could make a profit from exporting, it would already exist. Investors are always searching for ways to make a profit. What makes you think they haven't already investigated every conceivable scheme?

You act like making money is easy. If it was, then why aren't you rich? What is stopping you from creating all these jobs that are so easy to create?

In the meantime illegals are taking jobs from Americans and driving their wages down. It's time to send them packing.
I've started 8 businesses bootstrapping, not raising any start up funds, I've found moderate success given the limited means I started with. The government and private sector have endless resources. Like I said before... They put a man on the moon. We are America and we are becoming more and more dependent on foreign imports than on our won industries... I'm not saying I have all the answers, but our leaders should be working on the right kind of solutions. If my business had over 11 million people wanting to work for me and I had the funds to build the infrastructure, I'd hope I could find a way to use that and become the biggest and best company in the world. Not invest my time and money into stopping people from applying and kicking them off my land

Not this time BriPat pal.. The separating families deal is not a con. This atrocious crap has been going on WAAAY too long and the 2nd/3rd generation offspring are now Mayors, doctors, lawyers, and engineers.. They are NOT walking the Home Depot parking lot waiting to climb trees for you. And you are talking about sending their aging parents/grandparents packing at a time when families need to be together.
They can take their kids with them, are you trying to insinuate the family tree?

Let's look at the REAL situation..

1A) Mom/Pop and the elderly gate crashers are not a HUGE labor threat. They are ILLEGAL -- they should STAY illegal. Don't need to do ANYTHING.. Do NOT extend them benefits. Do not reward them with citizenship.
Since there are very few of those elderly like that, why not simply deport them?

1B) Anyone arriving here a mere 2 or 4 years ago or until the border is closed is FAIR GAME for deportation.
Why not make it since the last amnesty?

2) The kids and grandkids are Americans.. Like or not. Work to fix that situation for NEW gate-crashers. That was the law that ATTRACTED gramps/grammy here in the 1st place. Get on it.
At best the children born here may be US Nationals. There are very, very few illegals that are here that are grandma and grandpa.

3) Stop the flow. That's the source of labor competition for the low-paying jobs and the wage depression. Build a wall if ya want -- but you're gonna cut off the Rio Grande from the USA and there are issues there that haven't even been realized. And for crying out loud -- get rid of "sanctuary cities" and the benefits that CAUSE this invasion.
Wall, fence, barrier, better guarding, it's a ll the same thing, only demagogues exclaim "wall"

4) DO NOT elect Prez who offers blanket invitations to orphans and refugees from Central/South America to ride the Death Trains north and become day-care clients of hard - working Americans. We do not need to be the hemisphere baby sitter and foster parents.
Exactly

Plenty to do here WITHOUT all the vitriol.. And there needs to be a realization how when the govt CREATES a multi-generational problem like this -- how we shouldn't ignore it for so long and then get all huffy with a bunch of 50/60 year old family members. We should be getting huffy with the 2 braindead parties that are politicizing the issue rather than engineering a solution..
Very, very few 50-60 yo family members here illegally. Hyperbole.

You must be from that party that cares so much about "family values".. So much compassion -- I must be right about that..

There are a LOT of 50/60 year family members here illegally. SW and California Mexican families go back 4 or more generations. And MANY folks came over the border to join with Granny/Gramps who were GIVEN amnesty (now American) back in the 1980s. It's a fluid movement between families separated by a border.

When you plan on CLOSING that border -- best you take into account the actual picture of who you want to toss out..

Just gotta jump here with a question for you guys on BOTH sides of this wall/deporting deal..

Both parties view these people as an underclass.. You know -- the kind "that does the work Americans wont do."
Most everyone ASSUMES we have 20Mill day laborers, nursing home aides, fruit-pickin, burger flippers. But in that number (I HOPE it's in there) are the 2nd and already 3rd generation offspring. And I ASSURE YOU -- they are migrating into ALL LEVELS of employment. Including science , the law, arts, etc.. AND they are citizens.

You folks discuss this as those "the hordes" are a permanent UNDERCLASS.. They are not.. And it's the fault of ALL the politicians and media for not framing this issue correctly. The 2nd/3rd gen Hispanic scientists, techs, engineers I worked with in Silicon Valley were indistinguishable from the workforce UNTIL you attended a wedding down in the barrio and met their heritage. You guys need to get THAT picture and remove the Home Depot "day workers" out of your heads.

The government FAILED BIG TIME to get it's pants and address the border. But it's always late to put it's pants on when they invented too many things for themselves to do. And immigration is a PRIMARY CONSTITUTIONAL duty. YES -- we need to wake up to that.

And I said "I HOPED" that the 11 or 16 or 20 Mill number INCLUDES the 2/3/4th generation CITIZEN offspring of these folks.. OTHERWISE ---- you're talking about at LEAST AFFECTING 30/40/50 MILLION people by culling the herd of the "illegal" ones who are parents, grandparents, great-grandparents. But there's not a single BELIEVABLE number coming out of Wash D.C. for ANYTHING. Not immigration, not employment, not budget, not SocSec Trust Fund numbers, not Global Warming numbers, not even voting "records".

So I'm on board on this anti-establishment thing, but NOT on the Trump Train.. And I REQUIRE a leader who is gonna cut the SCOPE of the FEDS so they have a fucking chance of doing their PRIMARY constitutional duties.

But no one is gonna GO BACK and slice out ELDERLY Mexican from America's Hispanic families. American HISPANICS WANT BORDER PROTECTION.. They don't like the "different type" of immigrant that is crashing the boarder today anymore than we do.. That's why TRUMP carried many of the border counties in Texas with MAJORITY hispanic voters while losing the state. They are WITH US on fixing the border. But they are NOT gonna say Adios to Granny and PaPa and see them "wait in line" to come back...

Reagan granted amnesty once. If we do it again, they will know that they simply have to get here and eventually we will relent.

Even with our best efforts some will get thru. They have to understand that they will NEVER be citizens.

Mark
There were a total of 7 amnesties counting the one Reagan talked people into, with Reagans being the first.

Reagan didn't talk anyone into it. Kennedy did.
Reagan wasn't out there telling the public it was the thing to do and then he didn't change policy 2 times for those that weren't covered under the amnesty bill?

Do the math.. Even 4 million shit wage illegals paying into SS/Medicare is about $4Bill per year. SS real cash flow has already gone in the red since 2010.. That's ain't kibble. Partly the reason no one wants to acknowledge that the crisis is NOW !!!!
Illegals that are here in PRUCOL status (DACA) can obtain SS later in life, many who worked illegally in the US can if they went back to their own countries via Totalization Agreements. So then the US is sending SS to people who have worked in the US whether they were working legally or illegally.

Last edited:

Wind and solar farms won't increase jobs. They destroy jobs. They are boondoggles that increase taxes and increase the cost of energy. Both those things destroy jobs.

What do you propose to make shipping and commerce cheaper other than more government boondoggles that never give a return on investment? If there was industry that could make a profit from exporting, it would already exist. Investors are always searching for ways to make a profit. What makes you think they haven't already investigated every conceivable scheme?

You act like making money is easy. If it was, then why aren't you rich? What is stopping you from creating all these jobs that are so easy to create?

In the meantime illegals are taking jobs from Americans and driving their wages down. It's time to send them packing.
I've started 8 businesses bootstrapping, not raising any start up funds, I've found moderate success given the limited means I started with. The government and private sector have endless resources. Like I said before... They put a man on the moon. We are America and we are becoming more and more dependent on foreign imports than on our won industries... I'm not saying I have all the answers, but our leaders should be working on the right kind of solutions. If my business had over 11 million people wanting to work for me and I had the funds to build the infrastructure, I'd hope I could find a way to use that and become the biggest and best company in the world. Not invest my time and money into stopping people from applying and kicking them off my land

No, the private sector and the government do not have "endless resources." The government is $19 trillion in debt and can't pay its bills. All the resources the private sector has is already tied up in other ventures.

You admitted that you only had "moderate success. You admit that you are unable to do it, but somehow you expect others to wave a magic wand and make the gold rain down from heaven. If government was capable of doing that, don't you think it would already be doing it? If private industry had some great ideas for making huge profits, don't you think it would already be doing that?

You plan is a fantasy. It's not even a real plan.

You must be from that party that cares so much about "family values".. So much compassion -- I must be right about that..
Look at that, how cute, play that "family values" card. SMFH

There are a LOT of 50/60 year family members here illegally. SW and California Mexican families go back 4 or more generations. And MANY folks came over the border to join with Granny/Gramps who were GIVEN amnesty (now American) back in the 1980s. It's a fluid movement between families separated by a border.
Then those that came over afterwards need to go back, gramma and grampa can get a visa to go visit or their offspring can get a visa to come here. Now if they are Visa Overstay then they can still apply to adjust status here.

When you plan on CLOSING that border -- best you take into account the actual picture of who you want to toss out..
Who said to close the border? Don't project ignorance, it just shows you have no viable argument.

Last edited:

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US,

It's like talking to stubborn children... So propose an idea that will boost our economy and improve our country. I'm proposing an discussion of ideas, a change in thinking. The best businesses are those that have the least amount of waste. If illegal immigrants and our unemployed are considered the "waste "then we are better off finding ways to utilize the waste to everybodies advantage rather than spending a ton of time and energy trying to throw it away

THey are not "waste", they are an oversupply of labor that our economy does not generate demand for, and thus reduces price of labor, ie wages.

Your idea of just making jobs with government spending would be flawed and shortsighted, IF we were not already spending deeply into the Red to start with.

As it is, with US already drowning in Red INk, massive new spending would be suicide.

Entitlement spending per year was over 2 trillion dollars in 2010.

Do the math.

Third World Immigrants making shit wages will NOT keep Social Security/Medicaid/Medicare afloat.

No, the private sector and the government do not have "endless resources." The government is $19 trillion in debt and can't pay its bills. All the resources the private sector has is already tied up in other ventures.

You admitted that you only had "moderate success. You admit that you are unable to do it, but somehow you expect others to wave a magic wand and make the gold rain down from heaven. If government was capable of doing that, don't you think it would already be doing it? If private industry had some great ideas for making huge profits, don't you think it would already be doing that?

Jeeeesussss, do i need to start using CAPS? IM TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE CONVERSATION SO THAT PRODUCTIVE PLANS CAN BE EXPLORED. Your defeatist attitude stating that if there was a jobs solution then our genius government and private sector would already be doing it is Bullshit, I think deep down you know that. Progress is slowed to a crawl partly because of partisan debates that just spin in circles and our leader now go to Washington to block the opposition rather than proposing solutions.

Our debt isn't like your credit card, a fee that we need to pay off, it is a reflection of investments and securities in our economy. Google "What is our national debt" and educate yourself. If we put a fraction of what we put into the war we have plenty of funds to build something productive. The problem with your thinking is you fail to understand that we are in a diverse democracy with half the country having opposite ideas and viewpoints as yourself. Trying to fight to do everything your way is never going to happen. Understanding the problems and the viewpoint of your opposition to then find solutions that have a chance of being implemented and making a difference is what needs to happen... Otherwise its just going to be a bunch of squabbling.

Jeeeesussss, do i need to start using CAPS? IM TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE CONVERSATION SO THAT PRODUCTIVE PLANS CAN BE EXPLORED. Your defeatist attitude stating that if there was a jobs solution then our genius government and private sector would already be doing it is Bullshit, I think deep down you know that. Progress is slowed to a crawl partly because of partisan debates that just spin in circles and our leader now go to Washington to block the opposition rather than proposing solutions.

Our debt isn't like your credit card, a fee that we need to pay off, it is a reflection of investments and securities in our economy. Google "What is our national debt" and educate yourself. If we put a fraction of what we put into the war we have plenty of funds to build something productive. The problem with your thinking is you fail to understand that we are in a diverse democracy with half the country having opposite ideas and viewpoints as yourself. Trying to fight to do everything your way is never going to happen. Understanding the problems and the viewpoint of your opposition to then find solutions that have a chance of being implemented and making a difference is what needs to happen... Otherwise its just going to be a bunch of squabbling.

Diverse democracy? Nope. Diverse republic. Thankfully, we are NOT a democracy.

THey are not "waste", they are an oversupply of labor that our economy does not generate demand for, and thus reduces price of labor, ie wages.

Your idea of just making jobs with government spending would be flawed and shortsighted, IF we were not already spending deeply into the Red to start with.

As it is, with US already drowning in Red INk, massive new spending would be suicide.
Don't put words in my mouth... I said a combined effort between our government and our private sector. There is nothing wrong with the government investing in jobs and the infrastructure of our country...

Do the math.

Third World Immigrants making shit wages will NOT keep Social Security/Medicaid/Medicare afloat.
Good, you can identify the problem... now onto solutions

Diverse democracy? Nope. Diverse republic. Thankfully, we are NOT a democracy.
Good one.

Don't put words in my mouth... I said a combined effort between our government and our private sector. There is nothing wrong with the government investing in jobs and the infrastructure of our country...

We are broke. More than Broke. Deep in debt and losing ground massively ever single second.

Do the math.

Who says there is one?

That's called fascism or crony capitalism. It doesn't work. None of the schemes leftists propose to have government "invest" in the economy ever work. They are all enormous boondoggles. They just drag the economy down with mal-investment.

We are broke. More than Broke. Deep in debt and losing ground massively ever single second.
You show little understanding of how our nations economics work. Do some homework then you can join the discussion

Do the math.

Who says there is one?
There are always solutions. Perhaps not perfect of full proof ones, but they exist.

Forum List

Back