Immigration... Whats wrong with the GOP?

Just gotta jump here with a question for you guys on BOTH sides of this wall/deporting deal..

Both parties view these people as an underclass.. You know -- the kind "that does the work Americans wont do."
Most everyone ASSUMES we have 20Mill day laborers, nursing home aides, fruit-pickin, burger flippers. But in that number (I HOPE it's in there) are the 2nd and already 3rd generation offspring. And I ASSURE YOU -- they are migrating into ALL LEVELS of employment. Including science , the law, arts, etc.. AND they are citizens.

You folks discuss this as those "the hordes" are a permanent UNDERCLASS.. They are not.. And it's the fault of ALL the politicians and media for not framing this issue correctly. The 2nd/3rd gen Hispanic scientists, techs, engineers I worked with in Silicon Valley were indistinguishable from the workforce UNTIL you attended a wedding down in the barrio and met their heritage. You guys need to get THAT picture and remove the Home Depot "day workers" out of your heads.

The government FAILED BIG TIME to get it's pants and address the border. But it's always late to put it's pants on when they invented too many things for themselves to do. And immigration is a PRIMARY CONSTITUTIONAL duty. YES -- we need to wake up to that.

And I said "I HOPED" that the 11 or 16 or 20 Mill number INCLUDES the 2/3/4th generation CITIZEN offspring of these folks.. OTHERWISE ---- you're talking about at LEAST AFFECTING 30/40/50 MILLION people by culling the herd of the "illegal" ones who are parents, grandparents, great-grandparents. But there's not a single BELIEVABLE number coming out of Wash D.C. for ANYTHING. Not immigration, not employment, not budget, not SocSec Trust Fund numbers, not Global Warming numbers, not even voting "records".

So I'm on board on this anti-establishment thing, but NOT on the Trump Train.. And I REQUIRE a leader who is gonna cut the SCOPE of the FEDS so they have a fucking chance of doing their PRIMARY constitutional duties.

But no one is gonna GO BACK and slice out ELDERLY Mexican from America's Hispanic families. American HISPANICS WANT BORDER PROTECTION.. They don't like the "different type" of immigrant that is crashing the boarder today anymore than we do.. That's why TRUMP carried many of the border counties in Texas with MAJORITY hispanic voters while losing the state. They are WITH US on fixing the border. But they are NOT gonna say Adios to Granny and PaPa and see them "wait in line" to come back...

Reagan granted amnesty once. If we do it again, they will know that they simply have to get here and eventually we will relent.

Even with our best efforts some will get thru. They have to understand that they will NEVER be citizens.

Mark

Thanks for the lively discussion, I had a tough day and felt like pissing some people off... The anti-immigrant crowd is always my favorite. Thanks for putting up with some of my nonsense... But seriously, think about it... We once had Man on the moon... Now we need the same effort in a massive jobs program... think about what we could build by engaging our private sector and utilizing our unemployed and 11 million illegals as a workforce. It could be epic... I'm out.

Think about how ridiculous your dream world is.

You want 11 million more people to be able to stay in this country legally which is an open invitation for more people to come here and break our laws. That of course would likely put Democrats in charge for generations which would insure more government dependents like those unemployed you speak of. Furthermore with their constant desire to "make those people pay their fair share" they would leave wealthy people little money to invest with, and chase many of them out of our country taking their jobs with them.

Why don't you think about this: President Trump gets rid of all these illegals for us. That opens up millions of job opportunities which in turn would create competition between employers to hire American workers. Because of that, jobs start paying more because employers would have no choice but to offer more, and eventually some of these people will find their way off of our social programs saving us billions. And who knows, we may even return to an all English speaking country again.

The worst part? Leaving them here and legalizing them will put the Democrat over the top, then you know what would happen? Open borders forever.

One world government is a leftist wet dream, and that is where we would be headed.

Mark

Gotta love someone worried about how much removing illegals will cost when the costs of maintaining them here over their lifetimes is far, far higher.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

That's how you know they're lying douche bags. They don't give a damn about how much it costs. They also don't give a damn about how much the wall costs. They're crocodile tears over "separating families" is also a great big con. They never shed a tear about separating the families of tax evaders. They just want to make sure some potential Democrats can remain in the country and eventually vote.

Not this time BriPat pal.. The separating families deal is not a con. This atrocious crap has been going on WAAAY too long and the 2nd/3rd generation offspring are now Mayors, doctors, lawyers, and engineers.. They are NOT walking the Home Depot parking lot waiting to climb trees for you. And you are talking about sending their aging parents/grandparents packing at a time when families need to be together.

Let's look at the REAL situation..

1A) Mom/Pop and the elderly gate crashers are not a HUGE labor threat. They are ILLEGAL -- they should STAY illegal. Don't need to do ANYTHING.. Do NOT extend them benefits. Do not reward them with citizenship.

1B) Anyone arriving here a mere 2 or 4 years ago or until the border is closed is FAIR GAME for deportation.

2) The kids and grandkids are Americans.. Like or not. Work to fix that situation for NEW gate-crashers. That was the law that ATTRACTED gramps/grammy here in the 1st place. Get on it.

3) Stop the flow. That's the source of labor competition for the low-paying jobs and the wage depression. Build a wall if ya want -- but you're gonna cut off the Rio Grande from the USA and there are issues there that haven't even been realized. And for crying out loud -- get rid of "sanctuary cities" and the benefits that CAUSE this invasion.

4) DO NOT elect Prez who offers blanket invitations to orphans and refugees from Central/South America to ride the Death Trains north and become day-care clients of hard - working Americans. We do not need to be the hemisphere baby sitter and foster parents.

Plenty to do here WITHOUT all the vitriol.. And there needs to be a realization how when the govt CREATES a multi-generational problem like this -- how we shouldn't ignore it for so long and then get all huffy with a bunch of 50/60 year old family members. We should be getting huffy with the 2 braindead parties that are politicizing the issue rather than engineering a solution..

Last edited:
Gotta love someone worried about how much removing illegals will cost when the costs of maintaining them here over their lifetimes is far, far higher.

That's how you know they're lying douche bags. They don't give a damn about how much it costs. They also don't give a damn about how much the wall costs. They're crocodile tears over "separating families" is also a great big con. They never shed a tear about separating the families of tax evaders. They just want to make sure some potential Democrats can remain in the country and eventually vote.

Not this time BriPat pal.. The separating families deal is not a con. This atrocious crap has been going on WAAAY too long and the 2nd/3rd generation offspring are now Mayors, doctors, lawyers, and engineers.. They are NOT walking the Home Depot parking lot waiting to climb trees for you. And you are talking about sending their aging parents/grandparents packing at a time when families need to be together.

1A) Mom/Pop and the elderly gate crashers are not a HUGE labor threat. They are ILLEGAL -- they should STAY illegal. Don't need to do ANYTHING.. Do NOT extend them benefits. Do not reward them with citizenship.

1B) Anyone arriving here a mere 2 or 4 years ago or until the border is closed is FAIR GAME for deportation.

2) The kids and grandkids are Americans.. Like or not. Work to fix that situation for NEW gate-crashers. That was the law that ATTRACTED gramps/grammy here in the 1st place. Get on it.

3) Stop the flow. That's the source of labor competition for the low-paying pay and the wage depression. Build a wall if ya want -- but you're gonna cut off the Rio Grande from the USA and there are issues there that haven't even been realized. And for crying out loud -- get rid of "sanctuary cities" and the benefits that CAUSE this invasion.

4) DO NOT elect Prez who offers blanket invitations to orphans and refugees from Central/South America to ride the Death Trains north and become day-care clients of hard - working Americans. We do not need to be the hemisphere baby sitter and foster parents.

Plenty to do here WITHOUT all the vitriol.. And there needs to be a realization how when the govt CREATES a multi-generational problem like this -- how we shouldn't ignore for so long and then get all huffy with a bunch of 50/60 year old family members.

Sorry, but all the illegals we are discussing came here After Reagan granted amnesty. They can all go back. If they have kids who were born here, they can leave them here or take them back with them. it's up to them. It's not our problem.

3) Stop the flow. That's the source of labor competition for the low-paying pay and the wage depression. Build a wall if ya want -- but you're gonna cut off the Rio Grande from the USA and there are issues there that haven't even been realized. And for crying out loud -- get rid of "sanctuary cities" and the benefits that CAUSE this invasion.

Plenty to do here WITHOUT all the vitriol.. And there needs to be a realization how when the govt CREATES a multi-generational problem like this -- how we shouldn't ignore for so long and then get all huffy with a bunch of 50/60 year old family members.

Sorry, but all the illegals we are discussing came here After Reagan granted amnesty. They can all go back. If they have kids who were born here, they can leave them here or take them back with them. it's up to them. It's not our problem.

Reagan granted amnesty and NONE of things that NEEDED to get done -- got done. Not only that, but it was a BLANKET amnesty without regard for time in the USA. Those "kids" are now maybe older than you and THEY ALREADY vote. So that ship has sailed.

I'm with you on first things first. You seal the holes and then you triage them out. But you don't need to be sending 50/80 yr old family members back across the wall..

Thanks for the lively discussion, I had a tough day and felt like pissing some people off... The anti-immigrant crowd is always my favorite. Thanks for putting up with some of my nonsense... But seriously, think about it... We once had Man on the moon... Now we need the same effort in a massive jobs program... think about what we could build by engaging our private sector and utilizing our unemployed and 11 million illegals as a workforce. It could be epic... I'm out.

You want 11 million more people to be able to stay in this country legally which is an open invitation for more people to come here and break our laws. That of course would likely put Democrats in charge for generations which would insure more government dependents like those unemployed you speak of. Furthermore with their constant desire to "make those people pay their fair share" they would leave wealthy people little money to invest with, and chase many of them out of our country taking their jobs with them.

Why don't you think about this: President Trump gets rid of all these illegals for us. That opens up millions of job opportunities which in turn would create competition between employers to hire American workers. Because of that, jobs start paying more because employers would have no choice but to offer more, and eventually some of these people will find their way off of our social programs saving us billions. And who knows, we may even return to an all English speaking country again.
Yours is just as much of a dream world as mine. Fix our border and immigration system, I'm fine with that. But we aren't going to rip 11 million people away from their jobs, families and communities... It just isn't going to happen. So we can keep fighting about it or we can work on productive solutions. That's my point.

Yours is just as much of a dream world as mine. Fix our border and immigration system, I'm fine with that. But we aren't going to rip 11 million people away from their jobs, families and communities... It just isn't going to happen. So we can keep fighting about it or we can work on productive solutions. That's my point.

The jobs and the communities aren't theirs. They're illegal. They have no right to any of those things. Why don't you think law breakers should have things taken from then that don't belong to them? As for their families, they can go back to Mexico with them or stay here. It's up to them. It's not my problem. The "productive solution" is to deport them, no matter how much douche bags like you object.

The jobs and the communities aren't theirs. They're illegal. They have no right to any of those things. Why don't you think law breakers should have things taken from then that don't belong to them? As for their families, they can go back to Mexico with them or stay here. It's up to them. It's not my problem. The "productive solution" is to deport them, no matter how much douche bags like you object.
it's a good thing that small Minded pricks like you are getting phased out of this country... Send me your address and I'll mail you the apprentice box set so you can keep your dream alive after the trump train barrels of the cliff it's headed for

Granny/Gramps are taking any American jobs. Shouldn't get benefits. Shouldn't vote. Why would you have a problem with them staying?

Granny/Gramps are taking any American jobs. Shouldn't get benefits. Shouldn't vote. Why would you have a problem with them staying?

We all know they will get to vote. The minute Congress makes them legal, the Dims will be demanding they get the right to vote. Furthermore, home many 80-year-old illegals do you think there are in this country? Reagan granted them all amnesty 30 years ago, that means no illegals can have been here more than 30 years. Illegals tend to be young. You'll seldom see any 50 year olds crossing the border.

it's a good thing that small Minded pricks like you are getting phased out of this country... Send me your address and I'll mail you the apprentice box set so you can keep your dream alive after the trump train barrels of the cliff it's headed for

We aren't going anywhere.

We all know they will get to vote. The minute Congress makes them legal, the Dims will be demanding they get the right to vote. Furthermore, home many 80-year-old illegals do you think there are in this country? Reagan granted them all amnesty 30 years ago, that means no illegals can have been here more than 30 years. Illegals tend to be young. You'll seldom see any 50 year olds crossing the border.

Ok -- so they are 50 or 60 or 70 years old. I said --- Dont' let them vote. Don't give them benefits. They will die here still illegal.. You got a problem with them dying in the country their American kids and grandkids live in now??? Just stop the leakage -- then deport the recent illegals..

The GOP is supposed to be the job friendly party that promotes free enterprise... When it comes to illegal immigration why is nobody proposing a way to create jobs and put 11 million immigrants to work? We have a tremendous opportunity to kickstart our industries and the workforce available to do it. Why not utilize it? Why does nobody explore this avenue instead of wasting years and billions of dollars fighting to send them back and shrink our economic potential?

They're stupid is what is wrong with them. There are 10K babyboomers entering Social Security/Medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 12 years. This results in another 87 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Back in the 50's the average family size was 4 kids, over the last several decades family sizes reduced to 2 or less kids.

IOW--There are not enough younger working people in this country to support these funds, and the Reich wing of the Republican party is too stupid to realize that we have to have immigration reform to keep those Social Security checks rolling in.

Here is a great article on the mentality of a Trump supporter, and why economists have stated immigration is GOOD to keep this economy going.
Column: Trump exploits rational political ignorance

keefe.jpg

never-underestimate-the-power-of-stupid-people-in-large-groups.jpg

The GOP is supposed to be the job friendly party that promotes free enterprise... When it comes to illegal immigration why is nobody proposing a way to create jobs and put 11 million immigrants to work? We have a tremendous opportunity to kickstart our industries and the workforce available to do it. Why not utilize it? Why does nobody explore this avenue instead of wasting years and billions of dollars fighting to send them back and shrink our economic potential?

They're stupid is what is wrong with them. There are 10K babyboomers entering Social Security/Medicare on a daily basis and this will continue for the next 12 years. This results in another 87 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Back in the 50's the average family size was 4 kids, over the last several decades family sizes reduced to 2 or less kids.

IOW--There are not enough younger working people in this country to support these funds, and the Reich wing of the Republican party is too stupid enough to realize that we have to have immigration reform to keep those Social Security checks rolling in.

Here is a great article on the mentality of a Trump supporter, and why economists have stated immigration is GOOD to keep this economy going.

Social Security isn't going to be kept afloat by Third World Immigrants making shit wages.

All we will do is buy a little time at the cost of vastly decreasing Social Capital and Cohesion.

And when the crunch comes anyways, we will be less able to with the crisis.

IOW--There are not enough younger working people in this country to support these funds, and the Reich wing of the Republican party is too stupid enough to realize that we have to have immigration reform to keep those Social Security checks rolling in.

Social Security isn't going to be kept afloat by Third World Immigrants making shit wages.

All we will do is buy a little time at the cost of vastly decreasing Social Capital and Cohesion.

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US, transcontinental transportation to make shipping and commerce faster and cheaper, increase and improve our water and agriculture systems, build industry that will increase exports... There are so many things that could create jobs, raise our GDP, bring people out of the shadows, off entitlements, and actually grow/improve our country. This conversation has been focused on all the wrong things

I'll stick to keep fighting about it because it''s worth the fight. We surrendered to these people once before hoping to solve the problem, and now....just a few decades later, we have the same problem again.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I don't know what Trump's plans are, but if it were up to me, we would have a law that states anybody living here illegally faces a minimum five years in prison, and see how fast we deport those 11 million people. They would scatter like rats. So don't tell me it can't be done--it can.

Why is nobody proposing a massive scale jobs initiative?? Build wind and solar farms across the US, transcontinental transportation to make shipping and commerce faster and cheaper, increase and improve our water and agriculture systems, build industry that will increase exports... There are so many things that could create jobs, raise our GDP, bring people out of the shadows, off entitlements, and actually grow/improve our country. This conversation has been focused on all the wrong things

So are you willing to pay twice as much for electricity from those wind farms? Neither am I.

But you are welcome to start anytime you desire. Build one of those industries yourself. See how fast you close down when you don't have any customers.

I'll stick to keep fighting about it because it''s worth the fight. We surrendered to these people once before hoping to solve the problem, and now....just a few decades later, we have the same problem again.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I don't know what Trump's plans are, but if it were up to me, we would have a law that states anybody living here illegally faces a minimum five years in prison, and see how fast we deport those 11 million people. They would scatter like rats. So don't tell me it can't be done--it can.
Insanity is also calling two different things the same. Your jailing idea sounds great to the tough guys but in reality will result in a complete waste of time and money, over crowded jails, mass protest, and an even larger back logged court system. Wasted energy pointed in the wrong direction.

We aren't going anywhere.

It appears he's trying to say that all of Trump's and Cruz's supporters are small minded pricks. In other words, the majority of Republicans are small minded pricks.

Ok -- so they are 50 or 60 or 70 years old. I said --- Dont' let them vote. Don't give them benefits. They will die here still illegal.. You got a problem with them dying in the country their American kids and grandkids live in now??? Just stop the leakage -- then deport the recent illegals..

You know the "don't let them vote, don't give them benefits" meme is never going to get through Congress. California passed a law denying them benefits and the courts overturned it. They'll do the same with the "don't let them vote" meme. Frankly, I think the number of illegals who are over 50 is in the dozens.

Forum List

Back