Imo, Omar is an anti-Semite, but I don't see what she's said about America that's so bad

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
it seems to me that what she's being criticized for is not repeating what people on the right, and Islam haters, want her to say.

I actually am asking for examples. and I don't intend this as bait.

it seems to me that what she's being criticized for is not repeating what people on the right, and Islam haters, want her to say.

LOL. The democrats have been up her arse as well. Even Nancy Pelosi criticized her earlier this year for saying by implication that the COngress was bought off by Israel lobbyist.

LOL. The democrats have been up her arse as well. Even Nancy Pelosi criticized her earlier this year for saying by implication that the COngress was bought off by Israel lobbyist.
Well yah, but like I said imo she is an anti-Semite, and when she said American Jews make politicians sign pledges to Israel was offensive and bigoted, and non-factual. If the Pales were ever honestly for a peace, I think most Israelis and almost all American Jews would be for it.

But the quotes I've read from her seem more like she's an immigrant who is grateful to be here, despite America not being perfect.

Well yah, but like I said imo she is an anti-Semite, and when she said American Jews make politicians sign pledges to Israel was offensive and bigoted, and non-factual. If the Pales were ever honestly for a peace, I think most Israelis and almost all American Jews would be for it.

But the quotes I've read from her seem more like she's an immigrant who is grateful to be here, despite America not being perfect.

I was just pointing out that this is not just "people on the right, and Islam haters" she is pissing off. She has also attacked the democratic leadership for not doing more to help immigrants in the border situation (which I agree with her on that at least).

As for what is pro-American or anti-American is largely in the eye of the beholder.

Any candidate aspiring to occupy the White House, regardless of political party, must pass muster in front of the AIPAC crowd and pledge to defend Israel to the last drop of U.S. soldiers blood. .... :cool:

I was just pointing out that this is not just "people on the right, and Islam haters" she is pissing off. She has also attacked the democratic leadership for not doing more to help immigrants in the border situation (which I agree with her on that at least).

As for what is pro-American or anti-American is largely in the eye of the beholder.
jmo but she's offbase on Israel .. and I'm not a likud fan btw. But aside from that, I just don't see the beef with the lady.

She said we were pretending to send aid to Venezuela just so we can go to war with them. She asked for leniency for ISIS. She said Al Qaeda shouldn’t have the same stigma as the US military. She described 9/11 as some people did something.

I am intrigued with the "American jews make politicians sign pledges to Israel...." ????? they do? like WRITTEN PLEDGES???? anyone
have an stuff on this allegation?

some people did some things....
That's the illustration. Trump took it out of context to make it sound as if she trivialized 9-11. She didn't. She was saying that when Christians to a terror attack on muslims, people don't condemn Chrisitanity as a whole. But when some muslims "do something" against Christians, people like Trump and the Trumpanzees sieze the opportunity to display bigotry towards Islam as a whole. The vast maj of muslims are just trying to live their lives as I am trying to live mine.
Rep. Ilhan Omar's 9/11 Comments in Context - FactCheck.org

She said we were pretending to send aid to Venezuela just so we can go to war with them. She asked for leniency for ISIS. She said Al Qaeda shouldn’t have the same stigma as the US military. She described 9/11 as some people did something.
Did Rep. Ilhan Omar Call for Lighter Sentences for Would-Be ISIS Recruits?
Again, you perpetuate falsehoods.

You're just not very bright. It happens.

That's the illustration. Trump took it out of context to make it sound as if she trivialized 9-11. She didn't. She was saying that when Christians to a terror attack on muslims, people don't condemn Chrisitanity as a whole. But when some muslims "do something" against Christians, people like Trump and the Trumpanzees sieze the opportunity to display bigotry towards Islam as a whole. The vast maj of muslims are just trying to live their lives as I am trying to live mine.

The fact is she trivialized the worst attack on American soil in the history of our country. There’s no amount of spin that can change that.

Snopes is full of shit.

She asked for leniency for 9 would be ISIS members. Even Snopes doesn’t deny that.

I am intrigued with the "American jews make politicians sign pledges to Israel...." ????? they do? like WRITTEN PLEDGES???? anyone
have an stuff on this allegation?
Ilhan Omar Accuses Israel Hawks of ‘Allegiance to a Foreign Country’

Imo you have to read the entire column to get the context. But she did say
Later she stated, “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”

As Chait writes, she accuses people of dual loyalties. I'm not saying no American Jew doesn't serve Israel as well as America, and Israel is unique in how it grants citizenship. BUT if you're going to suggest an American took actions against America .... put up the evidence.

Still, as I tried to say in the OP, I think she's got an Israel problem. I'd agree the US treats Israel with more support in accepting their reason for force than the Pales, but I think that we are justified by facts. The Israelis have tried peace before, notably with the Oslo Accords and Barak, and the Pales choose to continue hostilities.

She asked for leniency for 9 would be ISIS members. Even Snopes doesn’t deny that.
And I stayed in Mississippi to work for equal rights, and believe a cross burner was correctly shown leniency. So sue me.

because she never came out after that to clarify herself i dont by that.....someone was doing damage control....

"Imo, Omar is an anti-Semite, but I don't see what she's said about America that's so bad"

In your opinion, but not in fact.

Indeed, warranted, legitimate, justified criticism of Israel and its policies is not to be ‘anti-Semitic.’

And Omar has said nothing ‘anti-American’ as well.

"Imo, Omar is an anti-Semite, but I don't see what she's said about America that's so bad"

In your opinion, but not in fact.

Indeed, warranted, legitimate, justified criticism of Israel and its policies is not to be ‘anti-Semitic.’

And Omar has said nothing ‘anti-American’ as well.

Some people did something......

That statement alone should bar her from political office if not the country.

Forum List

Back