In Florida not even government contractors need to check legal employment status.

Your article is dated OCTOBER 13, 2021, and it has a picture of Mayorkas on it.

Authorities raided seven Mississippi poultry plants on Wednesday, arresting 680 people suspected of living in the country illegally. So far, no charges have been brought against the five companies that run the plants, although federal officials say that could change as the investigation is ongoing.

No charges were brought against any of the processing plants.

they want too much money to do that job. You still don't get it.
You want people to pick crops then pay a very good wage. I fully get it and condone paying people a good wage to pick crops. Otherwise let them rot in the field. Always side with laborers.

Authorities raided seven Mississippi poultry plants on Wednesday, arresting 680 people suspected of living in the country illegally. So far, no charges have been brought against the five companies that run the plants, although federal officials say that could change as the investigation is ongoing.

No charges were brought against any of the processing plants.

20what a cheapskate company. Trying to get labor for next to nothing. That's anti american

I have to chuckle at those who believe DeSantis is the guy that will do anything about illegals working here. I posted the day on this and here we are again. A government contractor employing illegals and even after it was discovered the government contracts continue coming. Is the business raided? Of course not, the government needs to get the work completed.

Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration has paid more than $8 million to a construction contractor since authorities found it had hired several undocumented workers — including two men who have been charged in connection with the death of a Pinellas County deputy.

The state contractor, Archer Western-De Moya Joint Venture, has a standing contract with the Florida Department of Transportation to do work on the Gateway Expressway in the Tampa Bay area. Records show the payments, which are part of a multi-year half-billion dollar contract, have not stopped since the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office announced the findings.

State pays millions to company employing undocumented workers linked to deputy’s death

DeSantis may be the biggest fraud in politics.
DeSantis is a fraud alright, but I agree with the policy. Businesses shouldn't be tasked with enforcing the law.

DeSantis is a fraud alright, but I agree with the policy. Businesses shouldn't be tasked with enforcing the law.

Enforcing? Abiding by. Businesses don't enforce laws. By not poring waste in a river they are not enforcing law, they are abiding by the law.

You want people to pick crops then pay a very good wage. I fully get it and condone paying people a good wage to pick crops. Otherwise let them rot in the field. Always side with laborers.
I merely answered your question

Enforcing? Abiding by. Businesses don't enforce laws. By not poring waste in a river they are not enforcing law, they are abiding by the law.
What?? I'm just saying employers shouldn't be held responsible for the crimes committed by their employees. Why would we want that? Do you really want your boss looking over your shoulder making sure you're abiding by the law? I don't.

What?? I'm just saying employers shouldn't be held responsible for the crimes committed by their employees.

It's supposed to be a crime to hire someone here illegally.

Who is responsible when the employer pays below a legal wage when they know they are hiring people here illegally who are not going to complain?

Why would we want that? Do you really want your boss looking over your shoulder making sure you're abiding by the law? I don't.

Of course I do (did). I use to work in a chemical plant.

It's supposed to be a crime to hire someone here illegally.

Who is responsible when the employer pays below a legal wage when they know they are hiring people here illegally who are not going to complain?

Of course I do (did). I use to work in a chemical plant.
Federal government

Forum List

Back