In Fort Benning, US Army Shuts Down Misogynist Trolls

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
These women are to be admired. West Point students, commission bound, Ranger trained. Awesome! Sux to be the trolls. What examples to American youth, girls and boys both.

"This coming Friday, two female lieutenants will become the first women to graduate from the US Army's grueling Ranger program—an honor that requires all candidates to complete an intense, 62-day training course at Fort Benning in Georgia.

Training includes running at least five miles several times a week, swimming for miles in a combat uniform, finishing a 15-mile march carrying a 65-pound pack, and doing an astonishing number of push-ups in two minutes. Women had been historically excluded from Ranger school because it was thought they lacked the strength and stamina to complete the program.

Like clockwork, Kristen Griest and Shaye Haver's history-making achievements have prompted skeptics to question whether their training might have been tweaked to defer to their feminine frailties. Did Griest and Hayer receive favorable treatment? Is the whole thing just some politically correct publicity stunt?

Thankfully, the individual behind the US Army Fort Benning's Facebook account is proving to be quite the dauntless social media staffer, expertly shutting down the misogynist trolls who have been commenting on the page."

imrs.php

This US Army Facebook page just shut down some misogynist trolls, and it was awesome.

• Banned
In other words, you have know idea about Ranger training. That's OK, very, very few do.

• Banned
Today is a day of celebration and the trolls are ignored. Way to go, Army.

I would not trust a single article that said the training wasn't tweaked. The men in the training program said that the training wasn't tweaked. Until there is further evidence, that's good enough for me.

Congrats to the ladies. They done good.

Having been there and done that, I wonder why the hell ANY woman would want to go to Ranger school, but I'm perfectly fine with the Army giving them the opportunity to do so.

Most people don't understand that simply going to Ranger school (or any other specialized school really) doesn't mean your job is going to be out being a , in this case, special forces operator.

Such schools play a huge part in the advancement of a soldier's career.

If you have two butter bars up for a slot and all else being equal one has a Tab and the other doesn't , the one with usually will get the nod.

In other words, they tweaked the training.

Unlikely
Lol..you've obviously had no dealing whatever with the military.

Only interaction I have with the military these days is receiving a pension check for 20 years service.
So you know how they never fuck with reality for PR purposes, eh?

Do you have any proof, any proof AT ALL, other than your opinion, that these ladies did NOT earn their status as a Ranger?

Unlikely

Only interaction I have with the military these days is receiving a pension check for 20 years service.

Do you have any proof, any proof AT ALL, other than your opinion, that these ladies did NOT earn their status as a Ranger?

Since when does this spiteful wench need evidence?

Unlikely

Well I think the fact that they're scrubbing social media of all suggestions to the contrary is a pretty good indication, myself.

Forum List

Back