In Fort Benning, US Army Shuts Down Misogynist Trolls

In other words, they tweaked the training.

Unlikely
Lol..you've obviously had no dealing whatever with the military.

Only interaction I have with the military these days is receiving a pension check for 20 years service.
So you know how they never fuck with reality for PR purposes, eh?

Do you have any proof, any proof AT ALL, other than your opinion, that these ladies did NOT earn their status as a Ranger?

Technically they are only Ranger qualified at this moment.

Officially , they are US Army Rangers, but inside the Army they are only considered Rangers if they serve in a Ranger battalion.

Only interaction I have with the military these days is receiving a pension check for 20 years service.

Do you have any proof, any proof AT ALL, other than your opinion, that these ladies did NOT earn their status as a Ranger?
Well I think the fact that they're scrubbing social media of all suggestions to the contrary is a pretty good indication, myself.

Get some actual proof, and come back

Well I think the fact that they're scrubbing social media of all suggestions to the contrary is a pretty good indication, myself.
Let's see, if the comments are coming from Enlisted personel, that's a violation of Article 89 of the UCMJ (Disrespect toward superior commissioned officer)
And since the offending pages are contrary to good order and discipline, a violation of Article 134.

So can they remove criminal postings? Yep.

I'm sure the proof is available. Which is why they're scrubbing like crazy.

Are the scrubbing or are they removing misogynistic trolls?

These women are to be admired. West Point students, commission bound, Ranger trained. Awesome! Sux to be the trolls. What examples to American youth, girls and boys both.

"This coming Friday, two female lieutenants will become the first women to graduate from the US Army's grueling Ranger program—an honor that requires all candidates to complete an intense, 62-day training course at Fort Benning in Georgia.

Training includes running at least five miles several times a week, swimming for miles in a combat uniform, finishing a 15-mile march carrying a 65-pound pack, and doing an astonishing number of push-ups in two minutes. Women had been historically excluded from Ranger school because it was thought they lacked the strength and stamina to complete the program.

Like clockwork, Kristen Griest and Shaye Haver's history-making achievements have prompted skeptics to question whether their training might have been tweaked to defer to their feminine frailties. Did Griest and Hayer receive favorable treatment? Is the whole thing just some politically correct publicity stunt?

Thankfully, the individual behind the US Army Fort Benning's Facebook account is proving to be quite the dauntless social media staffer, expertly shutting down the misogynist trolls who have been commenting on the page."

imrs.php

This US Army Facebook page just shut down some misogynist trolls, and it was awesome.

They are West Point…about to graduate…..they get consideration during the final review process, they aren't going to have their careers ruined by other officers. Also, there are thoughts going around that they did not have to carry any of the heavy weapons during the patrol section of the class……...

They interviewed a soldier that completed training with her, and they said she did great
I bet he did.
I'm having a little trouble figuring out why anyone would resist this.
Resist what? Pussifying our military by making our elite programs less elite in order to accommodate women who are physically unable to meet the physical rigors of the programs?

Are they physically unable to meet the rigors of the programs? The closest thing you have to proof of that is that remarks from trolls have been deleted. No one with any actual knowledge of the training has said these two women had it any easier than the men do.

These women are to be admired. West Point students, commission bound, Ranger trained. Awesome! Sux to be the trolls. What examples to American youth, girls and boys both.

"This coming Friday, two female lieutenants will become the first women to graduate from the US Army's grueling Ranger program—an honor that requires all candidates to complete an intense, 62-day training course at Fort Benning in Georgia.

Training includes running at least five miles several times a week, swimming for miles in a combat uniform, finishing a 15-mile march carrying a 65-pound pack, and doing an astonishing number of push-ups in two minutes. Women had been historically excluded from Ranger school because it was thought they lacked the strength and stamina to complete the program.

Like clockwork, Kristen Griest and Shaye Haver's history-making achievements have prompted skeptics to question whether their training might have been tweaked to defer to their feminine frailties. Did Griest and Hayer receive favorable treatment? Is the whole thing just some politically correct publicity stunt?

Thankfully, the individual behind the US Army Fort Benning's Facebook account is proving to be quite the dauntless social media staffer, expertly shutting down the misogynist trolls who have been commenting on the page."

imrs.php

This US Army Facebook page just shut down some misogynist trolls, and it was awesome.

They are West Point…about to graduate…..they get consideration during the final review process, they aren't going to have their careers ruined by other officers. Also, there are thoughts going around that they did not have to carry any of the heavy weapons during the patrol section of the class……...

Does every member of a training class have to carry the heavy weapons?

And are these "thoughts" coming from people involved in the training, or just people who want to talk?

They interviewed a soldier that completed training with her, and they said she did great
I bet he did.
Resist what? Pussifying our military by making our elite programs less elite in order to accommodate women who are physically unable to meet the physical rigors of the programs?
Alright.........

I must admit......if I call the cops, because Road Warrior dudes are chasing me with torches.........I would prefer they send out steroid crazed alpha males.

I've always seen lady cops get thrown around like rag dolls when things get ugly.

But they're saying this one didn't get any advantages, so unless you can point out where she got special treatment, I'm having trouble finding the problem

They may indeed have had special consideration….from an article not realizing they are pointing out the special treatment…

How did these two women become the first to complete Army Ranger School?

Both female officers twice failed to clear the first phase but were allowed to start over. While many men also are allowed to redo a phase, it’s rare — though not unheard of — for soldiers to be allowed to start over from the beginning after failing the same phase twice.

I bet he did.
Alright.........

I must admit......if I call the cops, because Road Warrior dudes are chasing me with torches.........I would prefer they send out steroid crazed alpha males.

I've always seen lady cops get thrown around like rag dolls when things get ugly.

But they're saying this one didn't get any advantages, so unless you can point out where she got special treatment, I'm having trouble finding the problem
It's hard to point it out if they're scrubbing all references to it from the venues where you'd see it.

But I've no doubt we'll hear more. Women shouldn't be in our special forces. They don't have the physical strength. And if they do, either they aren't women, or the requirements have been changed.

They may indeed have had special consideration….from an article not realizing they are pointing out the special treatment…

How did these two women become the first to complete Army Ranger School?

Both female officers twice failed to clear the first phase but were allowed to start over. While many men also are allowed to redo a phase, it’s rare — though not unheard of — for soldiers to be allowed to start over from the beginning after failing the same phase twice.

That's not special treatment. The first few days are the assessment phase and it is intentionally hell and weeds out most people. Then they move on to the Darby phase. The ladies failed the Darby phase and were allowed to repeat it. They failed again and were offered a Day 1 restart. Most people refuse because you'd have to be an idiot to want to go through that again. The option has been available for years and few take it. Some of the men in the same class as the Lieutenants were offered and refused a Day 1 recycle.

The OFFER issn't unusual..it's the acceptance that is.

imrs.php

thoughts going around? whose thoughts? the interview i saw with some fellow graduates included a story where they helped carry the load of another soldier so he could make it through.
where are you getting your information?

While I congratulate the ladies on their achievement I will NEVER condone women in the military and will wonder what deserving Male candidates might have taken their spots at West Point and Ranger training.

While I congratulate the ladies on their achievement I will NEVER condone women in the military and will wonder what deserving Male candidates might have taken their spots at West Point and Ranger training.

Yup and the two they replaces will have to wait for the next go round.

Forum List

Back