In honor of Black History month

Dr. Henry T. Sampson

Inventor of Cell Technology.

The Cell Phone Turned 40 Years-Old Today. Meet The Black Man Dr. Henry T. Sampson Who Created It

If it wasn’t for Dr. Henry T. Sampson we wouldn’t have cell phone technology today. Isn’t it funny how the mainstream media hasn’t made him a icon based off of his invention?

Henry T. Sampson, the Black man who invented the cell phone On July 6th, 1971, Henry T. Sampson invented the “gamma-electric cell”, which pertains to Nuclear Reactor use. According to Dr. Sampson, the Gamma Electric Cell, patented July 6, 1971, Patent No. 3,591,860 produces stable high-voltage output and current to detect radiation in the ground.

tumblr_inline_mv1idvGM7w1qb38bc.jpg

Cell Technology? That's not even a real field of science.

Um, whoever wrote that article needs to take a science class. Gamma radiation has nothing at all to do with cellular technology. Did someone see the word "cell" and assume it meant cell phone?

Martin Cooper is actually the person who invented the cell phone. He also is believed to be the first person to make a hand held cellular phone call.

Berhnard Gross has a patent from 1964, #3122640, where he also worked with gamma radiation converting into electrical output so Mr. Sampson is certainly not the first to do that.

He's still a brillant man, but come on...don't lose credibilty by trying to give credit for something not even related to his field of expertise.

Last edited:
Because they practice more stupid.

No, blacks have a physical advantage at a lot of sports, look at running. The 100 meter guys who win are always black. Just pointing out a fact. Probably from all the millennia of chasing food in Africa.

Are you saying Black people are superior to whites?

In a physiological way, yes, they are better adapted to certain sports/physical activities. That's pretty obvious.

Dr. Henry T. Sampson

Inventor of Cell Technology.

The Cell Phone Turned 40 Years-Old Today. Meet The Black Man Dr. Henry T. Sampson Who Created It

If it wasn’t for Dr. Henry T. Sampson we wouldn’t have cell phone technology today. Isn’t it funny how the mainstream media hasn’t made him a icon based off of his invention?

Henry T. Sampson, the Black man who invented the cell phone On July 6th, 1971, Henry T. Sampson invented the “gamma-electric cell”, which pertains to Nuclear Reactor use. According to Dr. Sampson, the Gamma Electric Cell, patented July 6, 1971, Patent No. 3,591,860 produces stable high-voltage output and current to detect radiation in the ground.

tumblr_inline_mv1idvGM7w1qb38bc.jpg

Um, whoever wrote that article needs to take a science class. Gamma radiation has nothing at all to do with cellular technology. Did someone see the word "cell" and assume it meant cell phone?

Martin Cooper is actually the person who invented the cell phone. He also is believed to be the first person to make a hand held cellular phone call.

Berhnard Gross has a patent from 1964, #3122640, where he also worked with gamma radiation converting into electrical output so Mr. Sampson is certainly not the first to do that.

He's still a brillant man, but come on...don't lose credibilty by trying to give credit for something not even related to his field of expertise.

Yes you are right about Martin Cooper but wrong about saying it was not related to the cell technology. I dont have a reason to lie. If anything it would be a mistake on my part. There is cell technology unless you are saying I should have type "cellular" all the way out. From the FCC.

For Consumers: Glossary of Telecommunications Terms

CELLULAR TECHNOLOGY
This term, often used for all wireless phones regardless of the technology they use, derives from cellular base stations that receive and transmit calls. Both cellular and PCS phones use cellular technology.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/People/Awards/Institutional/DEA/DEA_2013/Sampson

Henry T. Sampson remembers a career day at Morehouse College that changed his life and, “Contrary to what you read on the Internet, I had nothing to do with the cell phone,” but was a pioneer in the technology now used in cell phones.

Last edited:
No, blacks have a physical advantage at a lot of sports, look at running. The 100 meter guys who win are always black. Just pointing out a fact. Probably from all the millennia of chasing food in Africa.

In a physiological way, yes, they are better adapted to certain sports/physical activities. That's pretty obvious.

i guess you don't realize that thinking is a physical process do you? There are these things called synapse that have physical reactions and are directly related to thinking and learning. I guess you also don't realize your ancestors were Black?

i guess you don't realize that thinking is a physical process do you? There are these things called synapse that have physical reactions and are directly related to thinking and learning. I guess you also don't realize your ancestors were Black?
:confused: Are you saying that blacks aren't physically adapted to thinking and learning? Could be.

:confused: Are you saying that blacks aren't physically adapted to thinking and learning? Could be.

No. I'm saying that if you think Blacks are better physiologically then you are admitting they are your superior all the way around. Along with that physiological advantage comes the ability to react, learn, and think faster. Luckily for you your ancestors were Black so you get to be equal. In your case maybe your genes mutated to the point you and a chimp are competing for second place.

Yes you are right about Martin Cooper but wrong about saying it was not related to the cell technology. I dont have a reason to lie. If anything it would be a mistake on my part. There is cell technology unless you are saying I should have type "cellular" all the way out. From the FCC.

CELLULAR TECHNOLOGY
This term, often used for all wireless phones regardless of the technology they use, derives from cellular base stations that receive and transmit calls. Both cellular and PCS phones use cellular technology.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/People/Awards/Institutional/DEA/DEA_2013/Sampson

Henry T. Sampson remembers a career day at Morehouse College that changed his life and, “Contrary to what you read on the Internet, I had nothing to do with the cell phonebut was a pioneer in the technology now used in cell phones.

Ah good to know thanks for the information on that. I was not saying you were lying, nor trying to take away from Sampson's scientific brillians, just pointing out that I though the direction of the article was implying that he was not given credit for the cell phone. Which in ffact he does not get credit for the cell phone, but he should still get credit for his scientific discoveries.

Still important.

Henry T. Sampson remembers a career day at Morehouse College that changed his life and, “Contrary to what you read on the Internet, I had nothing to do with the cell phone,” but was a pioneer in the technology now used in cell phones.

Ah good to know thanks for the information on that. I was not saying you were lying, nor trying to take away from Sampson's scientific brillians, just pointing out that I though the direction of the article was implying that he was not given credit for the cell phone. Which in ffact he does not get credit for the cell phone, but he should still get credit for his scientific discoveries.

Still important.

It was giving that impression after I reread it. I could see how it could easily turn into he invented the cell phone. There are some sites that are claiming just that.

Last edited:

No. I'm saying that if you think Blacks are better physiologically then you are admitting they are your superior all the way around. Along with that physiological advantage comes the ability to react, learn, and think faster. Luckily for you your ancestors were Black so you get to be equal. In your case maybe your genes mutated to the point you and a chimp are competing for second place.
Blacks are better at some sports that are related to their ancestry, like running after food. I never said that they were all-around superior. Like not many blacks are good at hockey, because ice is relatively new to that race.

Blacks are better at some sports that are related to their ancestry, like running after food. I never said that they were all-around superior. Like not many blacks are good at hockey, because ice is relatively new to that race.

If you notice Blacks are better at the sports they practice just like whites are better at the sports they practice. I don't know too many Black people who like cold sports let alone practice it enough to become good enough at it to dominate. I know thousands of Black people that love football and basketball.

You didnt have to specify that Blacks were all around better. Physiological advantage has nothing to do with the sport you play. If your claim is that we have a physiological advantage then you by default have included everything. it must hurt being as stupid as you seem to be. :lol:

If you notice Blacks are better at the sports they practice just like whites are better at the sports they practice. I don't know too many Black people who like cold sports let alone practice it enough to become good enough at it to dominate. I know thousands of Black people that love football and basketball.

You didnt have to specify that Blacks were all around better. Physiological advantage has nothing to do with the sport you play. If your claim is that we have a physiological advantage then you by default have included everything. it must hurt being as stupid as you seem to be. :lol:
Buddy, you can purposely misinterpret whatever, I don't care. Maybe if blacks had exercised their brains a little more, they wouldn't have had to run after their food so much (and devised a plan instead). And as a bonus, you'd likely be smarter than you're demonstrating right now.

Buddy, you can purposely misinterpret whatever, I don't care. Maybe if blacks had exercised their brains a little more, they wouldn't have had to run after their food so much (and devised a plan instead). And as a bonus, you'd likely be smarter than you're demonstrating right now.

I'm sorry you were ignorant and easily confused. If that was not what you meant to say you need to invest in some classes that teach you how to convey thoughts more accurately. All people ran after their food until they developed agriculture. Who developed agriculture first whites or Blacks?

I'm sorry you were ignorant and easily confused. If that was not what you meant to say you need to invest in some classes that teach you how to convey thoughts more accurately. All people ran after their food until they developed agriculture. Who developed agriculture first whites or Blacks?

If Africans are so industrious, then why are they still living in mud huts? Why are those in Ethiopia starving to death?

Look at Liberia, the one nation that wasn't colonized by Europe but rather was colonized by freed slaves from American. Their GDP is 456 bucks. 85 percent of that country live below 1 dollar.

I understand your hero Obama even went so far as to tell Africans the planet would boil over if everyone had a car, house and air conditioning.

Here's the direct quote:

"Ultimately, if you think about all the youth that everybody has mentioned here in Africa, if everybody is raising living standards to the point where everybody has got a car and everybody has got air conditioning, and everybody has got a big house, well, the planet will boil over — unless we find new ways of producing energy.”

No you sit here and state how smart Africans are and how they taught the white man everything yet look at this country and compare it to any African country, Fact is there is no comparison. If not for the US millions of Africans would be starving to death and dying of aids and malaria.

So you can make all your silly claims but none of it matches reality.

Granville Woods

Granville Woods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Granville Tailer Woods (April 23, 1856 – January 30, 1910) was an African-American inventor who held more than 50 patents.[1] He is also the first American of African ancestry to be a mechanical and electrical engineer after the Civil War.[2] Self-taught, he concentrated most of his work on trains and streetcars. One of his notable inventions was the Multiplex Telegraph, a device that sent messages between train stations and moving trains. His work assured a safer and better public transportation system for the cities of the United States

543px-Woodsgr.jpg

Granville Woods

Stop posting about black history. It's not February, yet.

Keep your culture confined to its designated month. We wouldn't want to pollute the rest of the year, now would we?

:eusa_whistle:

Lets see you make me stop posting you melanin deprived cave ape. :cool:
You just gave me a great idea for later though.

Willie Kennard was a bad man.

Willie Kennard: Yankee Hill's Black Marshal

Casewit got to his feet and, not heeding Kennard's last-chance warning to give up peaceably, reached for the Colt .44s at his sides. The badman had barely gotten his hands on the butts when, according to Corgan, Kennard did something only talked about in legend but never before actually seen by anyone in Gaylor's Saloon. Kennard drew his revolver and fired into Casewit's still holstered Colts. The impact of the bullets knocked the butts out of Casewit's hands. The shots almost ripped the holsters from his gunbelt and rendered his guns totally useless. Two of Casewit's companions, Ira Goodrich and Sam Betts, decided this would be a propitious moment to make their moves on behalf of their friend. They were dead wrong. Kennard dropped them both with clean shots between the eyes as they drew, their guns barely clearing leather. Casewit's hands instantly went straight up. He was taking no chances lest Kennard think he also might try something.

willie-kennard1.jpg

Granville Woods

Keep your culture confined to its designated month. We wouldn't want to pollute the rest of the year, now would we?

That does it, I'm going to file a claim against you with the NAACP for abusing BHM by posting this information outside of the allotted 28 days.

That does it, I'm going to file a claim against you with the NAACP for abusing BHM by posting this information outside of the allotted 28 days.

I have officially created BHY. Annually.

Granville Woods

You just gave me a great idea for later though.

Willie Kennard was a bad man.

Willie Kennard: Yankee Hill's Black Marshal

Casewit got to his feet and, not heeding Kennard's last-chance warning to give up peaceably, reached for the Colt .44s at his sides. The badman had barely gotten his hands on the butts when, according to Corgan, Kennard did something only talked about in legend but never before actually seen by anyone in Gaylor's Saloon. Kennard drew his revolver and fired into Casewit's still holstered Colts. The impact of the bullets knocked the butts out of Casewit's hands. The shots almost ripped the holsters from his gunbelt and rendered his guns totally useless. Two of Casewit's companions, Ira Goodrich and Sam Betts, decided this would be a propitious moment to make their moves on behalf of their friend. They were dead wrong. Kennard dropped them both with clean shots between the eyes as they drew, their guns barely clearing leather. Casewit's hands instantly went straight up. He was taking no chances lest Kennard think he also might try something.

willie-kennard1.jpg
He looks a little cartoonish, don't you think?

Forum List

Back