In honor of Black History month

If it's not actually BHM, why are we talking about black history? There's probably not enough for all 12 months.

It's called "preparation". Adults do that kind of stuff.

You mad, bro?

Not your bro, not mad, and just think you'll have nothing left to say during the actual month. Like seriously, Aunt Jemima, Jimi Hendrix and that windbag MLK, you need a whole month for that?

Are you really this narrow minded?

It's called "preparation". Adults do that kind of stuff.

You mad, bro?

Not your bro, not mad, and just think you'll have nothing left to say during the actual month. Like seriously, Aunt Jemima, Jimi Hendrix and that windbag MLK, you need a whole month for that?

I was going to add Oprah, but all she did was make a billion dollars talking. Not much there. And I would have added Magic Johnson, but he got AIDS.

I was going to add Oprah, but all she did was make a billion dollars talking. Not much there. And I would have added Magic Johnson, but he got AIDS.

Lol. Oprah owns a TV network, a radio station and many other business enterprises.

She does much more than just "talk.

As far as Magic, he got the AIDS virus, not full blown AIDS.....do you know the difference?

Lol. Oprah owns a TV network, a radio station and many other business enterprises.

As far as Magic, he got the AIDS virus, not full blown AIDS.....do you know the difference?
He retires either way, so no diff.

Marie V. Brittan Brown

Marie V. Brittan Brown invented the home security system utilizing television surveillance and the patent was granted in 1969

Marie-V-Brittan-Brown.gif

Maggie L. Walker

Maggie Lena Walker (July 15, 1867(4-7)-December 15, 1934) was an African-American teacher and businesswoman. Walker was the first female bank president of any race to charter a bank in the United States.[1] As a leader, she achieved successes with the vision to make tangible improvements in the way of life for African Americans and women. Disabled by paralysis and limited to a wheelchair later in life, Walker also became an example for people with disabilities.

(1)%20MaggieWalker.jpg

Maggie L. Walker

Maggie Lena Walker (July 15, 1867(4-7)-December 15, 1934) was an African-American teacher and businesswoman. Walker was the first female bank president of any race to charter a bank in the United States.[1] As a leader, she achieved successes with the vision to make tangible improvements in the way of life for African Americans and women. Disabled by paralysis and limited to a wheelchair later in life, Walker also became an example for people with disabilities.

(1)%20MaggieWalker.jpg

Is it White History Month already?

Senator Hiram Rhodes Revels

Hiram Rhodes Revels (September 27, 1827[note 1] – January 16, 1901) was a minister in the African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME), and a politician. He was the first person of color to serve in the United States Senate, and in the U.S. Congress overall. He represented Mississippi in 1870 and 1871 during Reconstruction.

Here is a quote he made prior to the downfall of Reconstruction. Kind of erie that people are saying the same thing right now.

“The great mass of the white people have abandoned their hostility to the general government and Republican principles, and to-day accept as a fact that all men are born free and equal, and I believe are ready to guarantee to my people every right and privilege guaranteed to an American citizen. The bitterness and hate created by the late civil strife has, in my opinion, been obliterated in this state, except perhaps in some localities, and would have long since been obliterated in this state, were it not for some unprincipled men who would keep alive the bitterness of the past, and inculcate a hatred between the races, in order that they may aggrandize themselves by office, and its emoluments, to control my people, the effect of which is to degrade them.”

~ Senator Hiram Revels

514px-Hiram_Rhodes_Revels_-_Brady-Handy-%28restored%29.png

Last edited:
Senator Hiram Rhodes Revels

Hiram Rhodes Revels (September 27, 1827[note 1] – January 16, 1901) was a minister in the African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME), and a politician. He was the first person of color to serve in the United States Senate, and in the U.S. Congress overall. He represented Mississippi in 1870 and 1871 during Reconstruction.

Here is a quote he made prior to the downfall of Reconstruction. Kind of erie that people are saying the same thing right now.

“The great mass of the white people have abandoned their hostility to the general government and Republican principles, and to-day accept as a fact that all men are born free and equal, and I believe are ready to guarantee to my people every right and privilege guaranteed to an American citizen. The bitterness and hate created by the late civil strife has, in my opinion, been obliterated in this state, except perhaps in some localities, and would have long since been obliterated in this state, were it not for some unprincipled men who would keep alive the bitterness of the past, and inculcate a hatred between the races, in order that they may aggrandize themselves by office, and its emoluments, to control my people, the effect of which is to degrade them.”

~ Senator Hiram Revels

514px-Hiram_Rhodes_Revels_-_Brady-Handy-%28restored%29.png

Wasn't he the first black Senator or Congressman and a Republican?

Yes. Big difference. As a multi franchise business owner, which includes a percentage of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, he earns significantly more now than he did as a world renowned NBA basketball player.

You should read more. It would defiantly enhance your perspective of the world.

Yes. Big difference. As a multi franchise business owner, which includes a percentage of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, he earns significantly more now than he did as a world renowned NBA basketball player.

I don't give a shit how much money he has, I'm a Lakers fan.

Ida B. Wells

Ida Bell Wells-Barnett (July 16, 1862 – March 25, 1931) was an African-American journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, sociologist and, with her husband, newspaper owner Ferdinand L. Barnett, an early leader in the civil rights movement. She documented lynching in the United States, showing how it was often a way to control or punish blacks who competed with whites.

ida-b-wells-barnett1.jpg%3Fw%3D640%26h%3D392%26crop%3D1

Too cool. The real Lone Ranger?

Bass Reeves

The REAL ?Lone Ranger? Was An African American Lawman Who Lived With Native American Indians : Political Blind Spot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10131675/Was-the-real-Lone-Ranger-black.html

Reeves took the chaos that ensued during the war to escape for freedom, after beating his “master” within an inch of his life, or according to some sources, to death. Perhaps the most intriguing thing about this escape was that Reeves only beat his enslaver after the latter lost sorely at a game of cards with Reeves and attacked him.

483837_170191066464627_2105234335_n.jpg

Last edited:

And you being a Laker has what to do with Black History Month?

Black history month is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was shown in the first few pages of this very thread, dear. But thanks for the reminder anyway.:lol:

This was shown in the first few pages of this very thread, dear. But thanks for the reminder anyway.:lol:

It bears repeating, constantly & tirelessly, until people get it beat into their thick skulls.

Relegating black history to a single month is an insult and something that all black people should find offensive.

What, do you think black people did nothing between the months of March to January? Do black people only exist 1 month out of the year? How'd that magic happen? :confused:

And you being a Laker has what to do with Black History Month?

Nearly all the players are always black, even without AA. How's that?

Dr. Henry T. Sampson

Inventor of Cell Technology.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/the-cell-phone-turned-40-years-old-today-meet-the-black-man-dr-henry-t-sampson-who-created-it/

If it wasn’t for Dr. Henry T. Sampson we wouldn’t have cell phone technology today. Isn’t it funny how the mainstream media hasn’t made him a icon based off of his invention?

Henry T. Sampson, the Black man who invented the cell phone On July 6th, 1971, Henry T. Sampson invented the “gamma-electric cell”, which pertains to Nuclear Reactor use. According to Dr. Sampson, the Gamma Electric Cell, patented July 6, 1971, Patent No. 3,591,860 produces stable high-voltage output and current to detect radiation in the ground.

tumblr_inline_mv1idvGM7w1qb38bc.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back