In honor of Black History month

Asclepias, I wish you had your rep turned on. I would be repping you left and right. Greenies, not reddies.

Just know that your one sentence means more to me than any rep.

Gracie is not alone, Asclepias. There are others who would be pos repping your posts too. You make good sound rational points. Posters like you deserve recognition by your peers.

I appreciate that. I turned it off to frustrate the racists. I noticed they got temporary relief by neg repping me and sending me nasty messages instead of having to dispute something I typed. The only time I miss it is when I want to pos rep some of you guys. For me a thanks will do.

Last edited:
If it's not actually BHM, why are we talking about black history? There's probably not enough for all 12 months.

It's called "preparation". Adults do that kind of stuff.

You mad, bro?

Not your bro, not mad, and just think you'll have nothing left to say during the actual month. Like seriously, Aunt Jemima, Jimi Hendrix and that windbag MLK, you need a whole month for that?

Yeah bro. You are definitely angry. Why are you on a board honoring Black people if you are not angry?

It's called "preparation". Adults do that kind of stuff.

You mad, bro?

Not your bro, not mad, and just think you'll have nothing left to say during the actual month. Like seriously, Aunt Jemima, Jimi Hendrix and that windbag MLK, you need a whole month for that?

Yeah bro. You are definitely angry. Why are you on a board honoring Black people if you are not angry?

I love pancakes and Jimi Hendrix.

images

Black Chef Defends "Racist" Lunch Menu

Last edited:

I love pancakes and Jimi Hendrix.

Go buy some syrup and a CD. Dont torture yourself here bro. It only seems to raise your blood pressure.

I have a question - is there a White History Month? :eusa_whistle:

That subject is covered in great detail at least nine months out of each year, in the public schools, in more than one history class.

My hope is that the day will come such that black history moth is not necessary.

I concur. At the rate that our species is mixing and growing, that day may come indeed, and that would be good for the entire species. But until then, the Holiday serves a useful historical function.

That subject is covered in great detail at least nine months out of each year, in the public schools, in more than one history class.

My hope is that the day will come such that black history moth is not necessary.

I concur. At the rate that our species is mixing and growing, that day may come indeed, and that would be good for the entire species. But until then, the Holiday serves a useful historical function.

Thank you for the positive interpretation of my statement. My statement could have easily be given a negative interpretation.

I have a question - is there a White History Month? :eusa_whistle:

Because no one ever learns about MLK or slavery... at school? :dunno:

No, because a great deal of our history was presented so as to minimize the contributions of Black Americans. American History courses, even through the 1990s, were very, very white-centric.

But you are right, you dunno.

Forum List

Back