In my opinion, the line that probably helped Trump the most in 2016, "the game is rigged", it can work in 2020

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Trump won because he was the anti-Establishment. I think his best shot going forward is to continue to remind Americans, "I am not a politician". When he said "the game is rigged" you could hear the almost church like reaction at his rallies. He earned their attention with that and so many who didn't like the direction they were going in, believed he would change it. And he was doing so, they needed the Wuhan Virus to get him off track.

Trump has to continue to remind Americans that he isn't a career politician, he doesn't have decades history of becoming rich by selling influence.

Trump won because he was the anti-Establishment. I think his best shot going forward is to continue to remind Americans, "I am not a politician". When he said "the game is rigged" you could hear the almost church like reaction at his rallies. He earned their attention with that and so many who didn't like the direction they were going in, believed he would change it. And he was doing so, they needed the Wuhan Virus to get him off track.
Trump has to continue to remind Americans that he isn't a career politician, he doesn't have decades history of becoming rich by selling influence.
I think that after 3 1/2 years people are starting to realize who's really doing the rigging. The "Hey, look over there" ploy is getting old and tired.

I think he will be able to toute a recovering economy.
A lot of the silent majority have seen what democrats have done and failed to do.
I think Trump will run on bringing the economy to the same level of mediocre growth that we had before he cratered the country’s economy.

I hope that works out for him.

Yeah it’s rigged and dumb Don isn’t doing a damn thing about it, but cons think he is.

A lot of the silent majority have seen what democrats have done and failed to do.
I think Trump will run on bringing the economy to the same level of mediocre growth that we had before he cratered the country’s economy.

As opposed to the booming economy we all saw under Obama? What is Bidens aspiration, to get China back to 6% growth?

As opposed to the booming economy we all saw under Obama? What is Bidens aspiration, to get China back to 6% growth?
Economic growth under Trump (before the pandemic) was almost exactly what it was under Obama. A rate which Trump used to describe as pathetic.

Yeah but we can always thank the left for doing everything they could to increase the death count from the virus and trying to keep people away from work, so that the economy would suffer the most. Now they are rioting, looting and destroying business so that should help.

It's still rigged.

Pressure Builds on Trump Administration to Name PPP Borrowers

He can't run on this any longer. It's even rigged to allow those who voted for bail outs (The most capitalistic thing about Capitalism today) has it rigged for them.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/16/congress-small-business-loan-320625

That noted, he won when he was the only one in the debate that raised his hand when asked if there was anyone that would refuse to back the nominee no matter who it was.

Even I loved when this blew up in the face of the GOP.

Economic growth under Trump (before the pandemic) was almost exactly what it was under Obama. A rate which Trump used to describe as pathetic.
Your little buddy had eight years to try and do something. In three years Trump had a higher employment, higher stock market and even higher pay. All while being investigated and a partisan impeachment.while Pelosi and others tried to pull him down.

You must think that because I'm Canadian I'm high on something. I don't partake in that stuff.

Obama doubled your national debt and in 4 of his 8 years GDP growth was below 2%. Which, coupled with the debt level increases is astounding. And, he had the benefit of record low rates, plus a deep recession before he took office that allowed his economic base to start very low. It's akin to losing your job, requiring unemployment insurance, making $5k for the year, and the next year you find a job making $30,000 a year and brag that you increased your earnings 600%.

Trumps debt spending was primarily on the military, which Obama had decreased by as much as 10% some years, others years 5% decreases. So, Obama with record debt years and cuts to your largest expenditure he STILL didn't grow the economy significantly, nor were citizens wages increasing. What did he do with all that debt?

Under Trump you have record wage growth (which must not be underestimated in terms of citizens freedom and consumption capacity), and GDP growth of 2.3%, 2.9%, 2.4% while also tackling the communist government of China and, he increased military spending and built a wall.

For Trump it's about jobs and consumption, again, can anyone explain exactly what America received for Obamas record debt numbers? Relative to what Trump accomplished, it's a question that needs to be asked repeatedly.

Honestly, Obama ran your economy possibly worse than any president in my lifetime. It's as if he wasn't at all concerned with U.S industry or jobs. China expanded greatly under Obama, and was poised to become the global leader, along with B.R.I.C. His only wise decision was basically forced on him and that was the stimulus/bailout after the economic collapse of 2008.

Last edited:

You must think that because I'm Canadian I'm high on something. I don't partake in that stuff.

Obama doubled your national debt and in 4 of his 8 years GDP growth was below 2%. Which, coupled with the debt level increases is astounding. And, he had the benefit of record low rates, plus a deep recession that allowed his economic base to start very low.

Trumps debt spending was primarily on the military,..........

No it wasn't.

Amen, but I think that would depend if he can shake another billion out of them. His drug addict son has expensive habits and a billion don't go as far as it used to.

Forum List

Back