More celebration Photos

247512.jpg

247593.jpg

247508.jpg

247592.jpg

247590.jpg

Published November 2, 2013

The real problem with the prisoner release

The problem is not that Israel releases Palestinian prisoners, but how few it releases.

"Israeli newspaper*Yedioth Ahronoth*gives its readers a daily question, argued by two competing op-eds. On Monday, the question had to do with the coming*release of Palestinian prisoners*as part of the government’s commitment to Secretary of State John Kerry. Journalist Merav Batito wrote in favor, while Hagai Segal was against freeing terrorists; readers were asked to vote on Facebook.Segal knows a thing or two about the issue –*he is, after all, a released terrorist. In the eighties, Segal was part of what was later called “The Jewish Underground.” He himself took part in an attempts to assassinate Palestinian mayors with bombs. Anther cell murdered three students in Hebron and injured dozens in an attack on an Islamic college, while others planned to bomb the mosques on Temple Mount. The public learned of the Jewish Underground when the Shin bet caught some of its members*placing bombs under Palestinian buses in an attempt to conduct a mega-attack that would have killed dozens of civilians.Most of the underground’s members received light punishments or were later pardoned — even the convicted killers among them spent less than seven years in prison — and one of the them later became the head of the Yesha Council, the main settler*political organization. As the cliché goes, one man’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter.

So cries of protest against the decision to release 26 prisoners who spent more than 20 years behind bars – the common punishment for murder in Israel – are not a matter of principle but of politics: the Right has no problem releasing murderers, only releasing Palestinians.The imprisonment of Palestinians is not an issue of law and order, nor is it even part of the fight against terror as most of the Israeli public is only too happy to believe. Rather, it is a part of the military dictatorship Israel installed in the Occupied Territories, a place where: there are no civil rights; there are no civilian trials, only military tribunals run by prosecutors and judges who wear the same uniforms; there is no freedom of movement; there’s no right to protest or to conduct any political activity without the army’s permission, and more."

The real problem with the prisoner release | +972 Magazine

Last edited:
Leave sherri alone----lots of women are attracted to murderers
That's so true. Look at how many women write murderers who are in prison here, and in some cases even marry them, like one of the Melendez brothers who murdered his parents.

Celebrating the day the unlawfully imprisoned are freed is a human response to an end to a grave Injustice.

Celebrating the day the unlawfully imprisoned are freed is a human response to an end to a grave Injustice.

They celebrate the people being killed.

Just like you probably did.

God is watching, Sher.

People were killed long, long ago. That 972 Magazine article points out the typical sentence for murder in Israel is 20 years. All the released prisoners served over 20 years. So, their release is past due. Anyway you look at, continued detention would have been an Injustice. I celebrate when Injustices cease, when the unlawfully detained are freed.

Last edited:

God is watching, Sher.

No, I did not celebrate any people being killed, the events we are addressing happening over 20 years ago. I was not even following what was happening in Israel and Palestine then.

Sherri doesn't write murderers, she adores them. As long as their targets are those evil Jooos, that is. LOL.

God is watching, Sher.

No, I did not celebrate any people being killed, the events we are addressing happening over 20 years ago. I was not even following what was happening in Israel and Palestine then.
Yeah, and that's when you ran into some Muslims who set your priorities "straight" right? :rofl:

God is watching, Sher.

Yeah, and that's when you ran into some Muslims who set your priorities "straight" right? :rofl:

Be thankful,,, Roudy----sherri just said anything that happened more than 20
years ago ----SIMPLY DOES NOT COUNT ANYMORE

Forum List

Back