In the Absence of God; Human rights cannot exist.

One cannot prove that God exists. Since once cannot prove God exists, one cannot prove that God created man. Since one cannot prove God created man, one cannot say that inalienable rights were derived from something that cannot be proven.

Religion is a belief system. It may be true, but it is not a knowable fact. We may believe that God exists, but believing is not knowing. Mankind has no absolute knowledge of God's existence. Thus, any absolute known truths regarding inalienable human rights cannot derive from that which is not a known absolute.

Last edited:
One cannot prove that God exists. Since once cannot prove God exists, one cannot prove that God created man. Since one cannot prove God created man, one cannot say that inalienable rights were derived from something that cannot be proven.

Religion is a belief system. It may be true, but it is not a knowable fact. We may believe that God exists, but believing is not knowing. Mankind has no absolute knowledge of God's existence. Thus, any absolute known truths regarding inalienable human rights cannot derive from that which is not a known absolute.
Jesus the Christ came to abolish religion, Psalm 14 'The fool says in his heart "There is no God"'
You fool i bet you beleive man evolved from apes???

Jesus the Christ came to abolish religion, Psalm 14 'The fool says in his heart "There is no God"'

You cannot prove the existence of God. It does not mean God does not exist. However, because we do not know that God exist - we can only believe that He does - the rights of man deriving from God is based on a belief system, not on any absolute truth.

Quoting from Psalms doesn't prove anything.

You cannot prove the existence of God. It does not mean God does not exist. However, because we do not know that God exist - we can only believe that He does - the rights of man deriving from God is based on a belief system, not on any absolute truth.

Quoting from Psalms doesn't prove anything.
Quoting from Psalms proves your a fool.....

Humans didn't evolve from apes, apes are on another developmental branch. If you're going to try and make someone look a fool check that you haven't got the barrel pointed at your own face.

On the other hand, isn't the concept of "human rights" a matter of belief as well? It's not like you can empirically prove that any such thing tangibly exists. They're a matter of perspective, opinion, and viewpoint.

On the other hand, isn't the concept of "human rights" a matter of belief as well? It's not like you can empirically prove that any such thing tangibly exists. They're a matter of perspective, opinion, and viewpoint.

Of course. This is absolutely correct. The concept of mankind deriving its inalienable rights from God is a matter of belief, not empirical knowledge, just like all other theories of human rights. It is no greater than any other theory.

Of course. This is absolutely correct. The concept of mankind deriving its inalienable rights from God is a matter of belief, not empirical knowledge, just like all other theories of human rights. It is no greater than any other theory.

Can you articulate any other theories of human rights and where they might derive from?

Human rights are derived from human consciousness. History tells us that. The concept of human rights arose from the collective human consciousness. Human rights are a social arrangement.

Human rights are derived from human consciousness. History tells us that. The concept of human rights arose from the collective human consciousness. Human rights are a social arrangement.

Seems a little shallow to me. Whole bunches of people just out of nowhere coincidentally decided the exact same thing was a good idea for no apparent reason?

Seems a little shallow to me. Whole bunches of people just out of nowhere coincidentally decided the exact same thing was a good idea for no apparent reason?

Nope, that's now how the concept developed and it's not what I wrote anyway. 1948 was a key year in human history for the concept of human rights but the idea was around a long time before 1948.

:eusa_eh:
Nope, that's now how the concept developed and it's not what I wrote anyway. 1948 was a key year in human history for the concept of human rights but the idea was around a long time before 1948.

:eusa_eh: Who said anything about 1948? Pick your time in human history, and I still think you're barely scratching the surface with this easy, breezy view of human rights and where they came from.

Of course.
Of course not.

This is absolutely correct.
This absolutely incorrect.

The concept of mankind deriving its inalienable rights from God is a matter of belief, not empirical knowledge, . . .
This is corect.

. . . just like all other theories of human rights. It is no greater than any other theory.
There are lots of theories regarding rights that are faith based, but a theory based in evidence and valid logic cannot be considered "just like other theories."

Forum List

Back