Income Mediocrity

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, Man!

I'm startin' to like this guy, Chris Christie!!!

1."Christie Ridicules Democrats for Emphasizing Income Inequality

2. ....delivered an unexpectedly blistering broadside on Tuesday against the Democratic Party’s growing emphasis on income inequality, warning that the movement would “drive America toward mediocrity”...

3. ...Christie mocked President Obama for entering office without “a respect for the other party,” complained that George W. Bush was “grossly underappreciated” in the White House ...

4. .... his strongly worded criticism of those Democrats pushing their party to fight income inequality that stood out.

Mr. Christie pooh-poohed the issue and its champions, Mr. de Blasio and Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, predicting that they would never achieve the level of influence that the Tea Party had exerted in the Republican Party.

5. The problem, he said, is that Americans do not want income equality, suggesting that it is antithetical to the country’s abiding belief in “income opportunity” that rewards hard work and merit.

“You want income equality? That is mediocrity,” he said. “Everybody can have an equal, mediocre salary.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/n...-stage-christie-ridicules-democrats.html?_r=0

The one-word description of the'income inequality' trope?

ENVY.

6. Sociologist Helmut Schoeck’s observation: “Since the end of the Second World War, however, a new ‘ethic’ has come into being, according to which the envious man is perfectly acceptable. Progressively fewer individuals and groups are ashamed of their envy, but instead make out that its existence in their temperaments axiomatically proves the existence of ‘social injustice,’ which must be eliminated for their benefit.”
Helmut Schoeck, “Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior,” p. 179

7. “ONCE UPON A time in the land of America, there lived triplet brothers named Tom, Dick, and Harry Class. They were 45 years old, had virtually the same aptitude (skill), and were raised in the same home. Each was married and had two children. All three were employed as carpenters making $25 per hour, working50 weeks a year.

While they were almost identical in most respects, they had somewhat different preferences and values. For example, Tom, who worked 20 hours a week, had a different work ethic from his brothers, Dick and Harry, who each worked 60 hours per week. Neither Tom’s nor Dick’s wives worked, while Harry’s wife worked 40 hours per week as an office manager making $50,000 per year (the same hourly rate as her husband).

Tom and Dick spent all of their income, and were relying on Social Security to take care of them when they retired. Harry and his wife, on the other hand, saved most of her after-tax income over many years, gradually accumulating $300,000. They invested this money in bonds and real estate that produced $25,000 a year in interest and rental income. “The Inequity of the Progressive Income Tax | Hoover Institution

8. Obama: “ If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

Which one… Tom, Dick, or Harry Class?

From which one should we ‘redistribute”? And, how much?

Which do you want:
Income inequality or income mediocrity.....

GW spent like a Liberal.

I can't get over this phenomenon.

Time and again, Lefties don't respond in any manner to an OP to which they are ostensibly responding.....

....do you mistakenly believe that you need to post something.....anything....or you'll be subject to some sort of penalty???

Or are you just.....what is the word.....oh..right...Stupid?

like, is anyone here seriously thinking everyone's incomes have to be equal?
"NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio outlines sweeping plan to combat income inequality" NYC mayor lays out vision to fight inequality - US News
Come to think of it, that's actually what I meant. There we've got an admitted Marxist who's clear on the idea of state equalizing of everyone's income. Looney leftwing fantasies aside, America is not a Marxist state and income equality is something that's only seriously accepted by the truly bonkers fringe left.

like, is anyone here seriously thinking everyone's incomes have to be equal?
"NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio outlines sweeping plan to combat income inequality" NYC mayor lays out vision to fight inequality - US News
Come to think of it, that's actually what I meant. There we've got an admitted Marxist who's clear on the idea of state equalizing of everyone's income. Looney leftwing fantasies aside, America is not a Marxist state and income equality is something that's only seriously accepted by the truly bonkers fringe left.

Well....does this count?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM]Obama-Spread the wealth around - YouTube[/ame]

I'm sick and tired of the entire Liberal lexicon. I've never before been so ashamed to be an American.

I get your drift, Mr. H......and I certainly wish I could latch on to the "never before" part.....

The fascist, collectivist economic plan has been around for quite a while:

".... Mussolini praised the New Deal as “boldly . . . interventionist in the field of economics,” and Roosevelt complimented Mussolini for his “honest purpose of restoring Italy” and acknowledged that he kept “in fairly close touch with that admirable Italian gentleman.”

Also, Hugh Johnson, head of the National Recovery Administration, was known to carry a copy of Raffaello Viglione’s pro-Mussolini book, The Corporate State, with him, presented a copy to Labor Secretary Frances Perkins, and, on retirement, paid tribute to the Italian dictator."
Fascism: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Forum List

Back