🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Increasing Taxes On The Wealthy And Corporations Is Extremely Popular And Has Been For Years

I disagree with that. The role of government is to ensure its citizens have equal opportunity to achieve the success they desire. It does not need to fund a minimum standard of living for anyone but the truly disabled
If you believe the job of the government is to provide equal opportunity to its citizen you do not disagree and believe in a minimum standard of living.

At that point, you believe education has to be available to all its citizens. You believe that healthcare should be available to all its citizens. At that point, you believe that not being able to afford daycare should not be a hindrance in taking a job, etc. etc. You can not both believe in equal opportunity and then refuse to consider that not everybody starts from the same economic reality and that that difference in itself makes for basic inequalities
Why do you need a handout? Can't you fund your own standard of living?
That depends. Do you consider being able to go to a doctor a handout? Or being able to go to college without having to pay the cost for the next 20 years. Or when I get really sick not having to file for bankruptcy despite being insured? I personally want for nothing by the way. I personally don't find it unreasonable to be expected to contribute a proportionally larger share to society. After all, I don't know if I or my child at a certain point in my life will fall on harder times and at that point need some help.
What you argue in favor of is Communism.
Nope not at all. What I argue for is a Social Democracy. As exists in dozens of first-world countries.
Instead, you propose that someone who already pays 200 times the taxes you do, should pay even more. Why do you feel entitled to demand they pay more
I don't feel entitled, I feel socially responsible. I feel that if I believe in equal opportunity and that the government should provide it. Then I have to take up the responsibility to ensure that the government has the funds to do so. This means taxing the strongest so I give the weakest a more equal starting point.
Yes, I was referring to the privileged folks who pay no taxes, but reap some benefits (even get tax refunds!) at the expanse of others.
I think this is the first time I ever have seen being poor being described as a privilege.
I disagree. Everyone can be successful if they strive to do so each and every day.
Everyone can win the lottery, does that mean not winning the lottery is simply a matter of insufficient dedication?
In my reply, I gave examples of simply bad luck most of us deal with it in their lifetime, none of them have to do with the insufficient application.
> If you believe the job of the government is to provide equal opportunity to its citizen you do not disagree and believe in a minimum standard of living.

You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness if you are a law-abiding citizen. That's about it.

Like the rest of your post, what you wrote doesn't make much sense. Your conclusion does not logically follow.

Regards,
Jim

A Gallup tracking poll only buttresses the findings of those surveys. Over the course of several years, Gallup asked people whether they thought certain sectors of the country paid their "fair share" in taxes. Bottom line: Americans haven't thought that "upper-income" individuals and corporations have paid their fair share for many, many years.

Here's how many respondents said upper-income people don't pay their fair share:
  • 2019: 62%
  • 2018: 62%
  • 2017: 63%
People were even less impressed with the contributions of corporations:
  • 2019: 69%
  • 2018: 66%
  • 2017: 67%
Given that reality, Senate Republicans up for reelection next year might just take a pass on heading up opposition to Biden’s eventual bill unless they can find an entirely different point of contention. But by all means, McConnell, keep on crowing about Democrats raising taxes on wealthy individuals and corporations to pay for making high-speed internet available in rural areas. Hear, hear!

But don't worry, that money will trickle up to you, when we get it. No really.

It really doesn't matter whether corporate taxes are raised..... they still won't pay any taxes. Too many loopholes and prices would skyrocket if they did pay.
Very true. The tax code is set up to benefit big corporations. Some make billions in profits yet pay no tax. What a deal...yet more proof we live in a failed state.
No Federal Taxes for Dozens of Big, Profitable Companies

Yeah, depreciation is awful!!!!

DURR
Lol. Yeah it’s just depreciation that allows big corporations the ability to pay little to no tax. WTF!

Why don't you post the reason?

Use actual examples if you have them.
Check the tax code. It’s thousands of pages.

Why do you think big corporations hire legends of high priced tax lawyers? Just for fun?

A Gallup tracking poll only buttresses the findings of those surveys. Over the course of several years, Gallup asked people whether they thought certain sectors of the country paid their "fair share" in taxes. Bottom line: Americans haven't thought that "upper-income" individuals and corporations have paid their fair share for many, many years.

Here's how many respondents said upper-income people don't pay their fair share:
Given that reality, Senate Republicans up for reelection next year might just take a pass on heading up opposition to Biden’s eventual bill unless they can find an entirely different point of contention. But by all means, McConnell, keep on crowing about Democrats raising taxes on wealthy individuals and corporations to pay for making high-speed internet available in rural areas. Hear, hear!

It really doesn't matter whether corporate taxes are raised..... they still won't pay any taxes. Too many loopholes and prices would skyrocket if they did pay.
Very true. The tax code is set up to benefit big corporations. Some make billions in profits yet pay no tax. What a deal...yet more proof we live in a failed state.

DURR
Lol. Yeah it’s just depreciation that allows big corporations the ability to pay little to no tax. WTF!
> Oh sure. Let’s take Amazon. They use all sorts of public services to get their products delivered, but they shouldn’t pay any tax. WTF!

>Lol. Yeah it’s just depreciation that allows big corporations the ability to pay little to no tax. WTF!

Amazon paid $162M in taxes in 2019 and $1.8B in 2020 (slightly more than you), while employing over a million people who buy stuff and pay all kinds of taxes, including federal and state income, sales, property, Social Security, Medicare...

When they were paying zero, if you think that is a bad thing, the blame is not with Amazon, it's with Congress. It's the job of every CEO/CFO, and obligation to all of a company's shareholders, to minimize tax burden according to the law. I think just about everyone, including myself, does the same with their personal finances.

Last edited:

DURR

Why do you think big corporations hire legends of high priced tax lawyers? Just for fun?

So you don't have any specific examples you want to whine about?

I'm shocked!!!

DURR
> Oh sure. Let’s take Amazon. They use all sorts of public services to get their products delivered, but they shouldn’t pay any tax. WTF!

>Lol. Yeah it’s just depreciation that allows big corporations the ability to pay little to no tax. WTF!

Amazon paid $162M in taxes in 2019 and $1.8B in 2020 (slightly more than you), while employing over a million people who buy stuff and pay all kinds of taxes, including federal and state income, sales, property, Social Security, Medicare...

When they were paying zero, if you think that is a bad thing, the blame is not with Amazon, it's with Congress. It's the job of every CEO/CFO, and obligation to all of a company's shareholders, to minimize tax burden according to the law. I think just about everyone, including myself, does the same with their personal finances.

If liberals aren't whining about corporations not reinvesting their profits, they're whining about
companies, like Amazon, who do, and reduce their tax liability.

Increasing nominal tax rates doesn't accomplish much. It would be far more effective to keep rates the same or lower but end most deductions.

I disagree with that. The role of government is to ensure its citizens have equal opportunity to achieve the success they desire. It does not need to fund a minimum standard of living for anyone but the truly disabled
If you believe the job of the government is to provide equal opportunity to its citizen you do not disagree and believe in a minimum standard of living.

At that point, you believe education has to be available to all its citizens. You believe that healthcare should be available to all its citizens. At that point, you believe that not being able to afford daycare should not be a hindrance in taking a job, etc. etc. You can not both believe in equal opportunity and then refuse to consider that not everybody starts from the same economic reality and that that difference in itself makes for basic inequalities
Why do you need a handout? Can't you fund your own standard of living?
That depends. Do you consider being able to go to a doctor a handout? Or being able to go to college without having to pay the cost for the next 20 years. Or when I get really sick not having to file for bankruptcy despite being insured? I personally want for nothing by the way. I personally don't find it unreasonable to be expected to contribute a proportionally larger share to society. After all, I don't know if I or my child at a certain point in my life will fall on harder times and at that point need some help.
What you argue in favor of is Communism.
Nope not at all. What I argue for is a Social Democracy. As exists in dozens of first-world countries.
Instead, you propose that someone who already pays 200 times the taxes you do, should pay even more. Why do you feel entitled to demand they pay more
I don't feel entitled, I feel socially responsible. I feel that if I believe in equal opportunity and that the government should provide it. Then I have to take up the responsibility to ensure that the government has the funds to do so. This means taxing the strongest so I give the weakest a more equal starting point.
Yes, I was referring to the privileged folks who pay no taxes, but reap some benefits (even get tax refunds!) at the expanse of others.
I think this is the first time I ever have seen being poor being described as a privilege.
I disagree. Everyone can be successful if they strive to do so each and every day.
Everyone can win the lottery, does that mean not winning the lottery is simply a matter of insufficient dedication?
In my reply, I gave examples of simply bad luck most of us deal with it in their lifetime, none of them have to do with the insufficient application.
> If you believe the job of the government is to provide equal opportunity to its citizen you do not disagree and believe in a minimum standard of living.

You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness if you are a law-abiding citizen. That's about it.

Like the rest of your post, what you wrote doesn't make much sense. Your conclusion does not logically follow.

Regards,
Jim
The role of government is to ensure its citizens have equal opportunity to achieve the success they desire.
I can only reply to what YOU write. Maybe if you would take a consistent position, you would understand what I'm saying? Just a thought.

If you have particular trouble with understanding what I write feel free to quote it and I'll be happy to elaborate.

Free lunch is always popular with the looter class.

Yes, it is.
December 24 2017

President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier.
The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000.
www.cbsnews.com › news › trump-mar-a-lago-christmas-trip
Me keeping what's mine in the first place isn't a "free lunch", looter.
Yes it is.
You want to reap the profits of living in America but don't want to pay for it, someone has to make up the difference.
Who do you think made up the difference when Trump payed just $750 in income taxes in both 2016 and 2017?
Who do you think made up the difference when he paid $0 in the 10 years prior to that?
LOOTER, just like your dear leader.

Many like you write about taxing the rich but why not try cutting the bloat out of the spending first and then raise taxes accordingly?

You do realize most if not all Government ran agencies have bloat in their spending and should be required to cut the excess spending before we discuss the raising of taxes on anyone...

I know you believe what the Kos tell you and believe taxing only a select segment of society will even the playing field but it will not and all it will do is give the Government more money to waste which will cause the Government to ask for more money down the road which will sooner or later will require your taxes to rise while never dealing with the reality of Bloat in our Government that should be cut down to a minimum!

Yes, it is.
December 24 2017

President Trump kicked off his holiday weekend at Mar-a-Lago Friday night at a dinner where he told friends, "You all just got a lot richer," referencing the sweeping tax overhaul he signed into law hours earlier.
The president has spent many weekends of his presidency so far at the "Winter White House," where initiation fees cost $200,000, annual dues cost $14,000.
Yes it is.
You want to reap the profits of living in America but don't want to pay for it, someone has to make up the difference.
Who do you think made up the difference when Trump payed just $750 in income taxes in both 2016 and 2017?
Who do you think made up the difference when he paid $0 in the 10 years prior to that?

Then change the tax code to prevent the loopholes that those like Trump and Buffet use...

You blame Trump for using the laws to benefit himself with but never blame the lawmakers who allowed it to happen...

Yes, it is.
December 24 2017

Yes it is.

Then change the tax code to prevent the loopholes that those like Trump and Buffet use...

You blame Trump for using the laws to benefit himself with but never blame the lawmakers who allowed it to happen...

I do because the ones implementing these laws are RW.
All the Democrats can do is vote against it, which usually isn't enough.
Just like the RW is crying now because Biden wants to revamp the tax code for people making more than $400,000 a year.
Biden's plan could involve some tax loopholes.

Taxes on income from labor are a scandal. Progressive taxation on consumption is reasonable. Flat taxes are regressive and unfair. Paying taxes on profits from what society has provided in the form of markets, transportation infrastructure, police, fire and military defense, etc., are only fair. Those who benefit the most from all that we are provided should expect to pay a commensurate proportion. Remember, it is not mostly the rich whose sons die when wars are "necessitated". The poor and modest income families pay the most.
What is so wrong with the above proposal? It certainly isn't "leftist" or "rightist". Income is just what it says; what one negotiates to be paid for their work. The company pays tax on this as it would for any other goods or services (including community things such as trash collection, fire protection, defense, etc.) . The employee pays taxes on what is consumed (goods and services, including community things such as trash collection, fire protection, defense, etc.). Is that somehow radical? "Communist"?

Yes, it is.
December 24 2017

Yes it is.
Doesn't address the point.

You claiming that me keeping what I earned is a "giveaway" works off of the presumption that 100% of what I earn belongs to you.

You are a fucking looter.

DURR

I'm shocked!!!
If you need specific examples, you’re a fool.

Why won't Liberals provide an answer when I ask them to specifically explain to us the origin of each dollar any corporation pays in taxes?

Increasing taxes on corporations will result in higher consumer prices. They won't take the loss...YOU will!! More stupid Democrat HiJinks.....Hey gas is $4.00 a gallon. Gee thanks Joe and the Democrats.......
The op gets his ass handed to him on a platter.

DURR

I'm shocked!!!
If you need specific examples, you’re a fool.
This is a lying CIA shill,of course he is a fool and that’s putting it nicely.

Let's start with something we all agree on. Tax Hollywood at 90%.

They talk the talk...make them walk the walk. In a year we'll see if the sing a different tune.

I have no problem with that, they donate so much and do so much charity work, hardly makes a difference in what they pay.

The problem is most wealthier people don't keep their money in the US and they use loopholes to not pay taxes. So the middle class and poor get stuck paying for all the govs wasteful and ridiculous spending on crap. The rotten gov gave Bill Gates 3 billion in the stimulus money for crying outloud. They are just robbing us blind.

Not true.

As part of the announcement Sunday evening of a $900 billion coronavirus relief deal, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer touted “an additional $3.36 billion for a total of $4 billion for GAVI, the international vaccine alliance.”

GAVI, a public-private health partnership, and a similar organization called the Global Fund have “spent two decades becoming experts in the task of financing vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics.”

The alliance was founded in 2000 with a mission of making all vaccines more widely available. Gavi says it has vaccinated 822 million children over its two decades in operation and will be central in getting the coronavirus vaccine to the poorest corners of the globe in the coming year.
finance.yahoo.com › news › coronavirus-stimulus-deal

You are NOT very good at research are you?
Let's start with something we all agree on. Tax Hollywood at 90%.

They talk the talk...make them walk the walk. In a year we'll see if the sing a different tune.

I have no problem with that, they donate so much and do so much charity work, hardly makes a difference in what they pay.

The problem is most wealthier people don't keep their money in the US and they use loopholes to not pay taxes. So the middle class and poor get stuck paying for all the govs wasteful and ridiculous spending on crap. The rotten gov gave Bill Gates 3 billion in the stimulus money for crying outloud. They are just robbing us blind.

Not true.

As part of the announcement Sunday evening of a $900 billion coronavirus relief deal, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer touted “an additional $3.36 billion for a total of $4 billion for GAVI, the international vaccine alliance.”

GAVI, a public-private health partnership, and a similar organization called the Global Fund have “spent two decades becoming experts in the task of financing vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics.”

The alliance was founded in 2000 with a mission of making all vaccines more widely available. Gavi says it has vaccinated 822 million children over its two decades in operation and will be central in getting the coronavirus vaccine to the poorest corners of the globe in the coming year.
finance.yahoo.com › news › coronavirus-stimulus-deal

As usual you don't dig deep enough.

Who do you think funds GAVI?

Now lets look at GAVI:

Gavi’s impact draws on the strengths of its core partners, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation,

GAVI Alliance Is Source Of Lockdown Terror And Vaccine Coercion

The World Health Organization (WHO) is facilitating a global health dictatorship, commanding all member states to enforce totalitarian lock downs and far-reaching medical edicts that empower government authorities and the vaccine industry – not human health.

WHO’s authoritarian recommendations were adopted in rapid fashion by almost every government on Earth.

The behavioral controls and livelihood restrictions imposed by WHO have no basis in immune system health, mental health, or general well being.

WHO operates like a global oligarchy, forcing all member states to carry out their orders. In 2020 and beyond, WHO has ordered populations into isolation, avoidance, and unlawful quarantines.

WHO has forced perpetual oxygen restrictions, coercive DNA harvesting, and mRNA vaccines experiments, while instructing governments around the world to quash civil liberties and promote medical martial law.

This dictatorship is giving rise to a medical apartheid – a system of segregation that punishes healthy people for not complying.

Bill Gates Vaccine Alliance is the source of terror behind WHO’s lock downs and coercive vaccine passports

Where is WHO coming up with these restrictive medical edicts and coercive vaccine policies? According to WHO insider Astrid Stuckelberger, Ph.D., WHO serves the financial interests of GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance run by Bill Gates.

GAVI was formed in 2000 and set up as an international institution in Switzerland. GAVI operates tax free and enjoys blanket immunity against criminal sanctions.

Bill Gates leveraged GAVI and bought his influence into the WHO. He even asked to become a member state in 2017, with the privilege of being on WHO’s executive board.

Bill Gates now controls Swissmedic, the FDA of Switzerland, due to a three-way vaccine distribution contract agreement reached by Gates, WHO, and the Swiss regulatory agency.

By controlling WHO, Gates funnels tens of billions of dollars through his GAVI Vaccine Alliance, with the ultimate power of controlling member states.

As the controller of information and the arbiter of science, Gates and the vaccine industry has the power to suppress prophylactics, treatments, phytonutrients, adaptogens, and antivirals.

Bill Gates and GAVI is the source of terror behind WHO, the lock downs, restrictions, and authoritarian medical edicts that are compelling vaccination experiments.

Read further:

He is horrible at research because he is another shill that has penetrated this site to troll .you check mated him handing his ass to him on a platter beautifully. :up: :thankusmile:

Forum List

Back